Why is pop music more satanic than "heavy" rock music today?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:59:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Why is pop music more satanic than "heavy" rock music today?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why is pop music more satanic than "heavy" rock music today?  (Read 342 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 22, 2023, 12:15:59 AM »

It's kind of weird.

Like you have artists like Lil Nas X, Sam Smith and The Weeknd who are now openly using Satanic imagery and angering Christians. But their music is so milquetoast otherwise.

On the flip side you have plenty of "mosh pit" bands who love Jesus Christ and are praising Jesus with breakdowns. And at Furnace Fest you have people going crazy and moshing and hardcore dancing and also plenty of people who love Jesus there too. And even secular hardcore bands would never ever use Satanic imagery because they find it stupid and gimmicky.

It seems kind of a weird contrast to like the 80s and early 90s.
Burke Bro
omelott
Israel

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2023, 12:55:06 AM »

Sure, it gets headlines, but when LGBT artists that Lil Nas and Sam Smith decide to use this imagery, it strikes me as tone deaf. Artists like them shape the perception people have of the LGBT community. There must be a better way to push for acceptance. 
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2023, 01:15:39 AM »

Sure, it gets headlines, but when LGBT artists that Lil Nas and Sam Smith decide to use this imagery, it strikes me as tone deaf. Artists like them shape the perception people have of the LGBT community. There must be a better way to push for acceptance. 
Julien Baker is LGBT and she wrote this song:

I never know what to say
But I think there's a God and He hears either way
And I rejoice and complain
Lift my voice that I was made
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2023, 01:20:19 AM »

Also if you're surprised that I like Julien Baker, it's because she did a Johnny Cash's Hurt-tier cover of one of the greatest emo songs of all time and even the band themselves said this made them fans of hers:

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2023, 06:44:10 AM »

is anyone over the age of 14 impressed by "satanic imagery"?
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2023, 07:23:50 AM »

It's not as if LGBT artists being involved, more or less intentionally, in the satanic panic or other similar "controversies" is a new thing either, as (the then transparently-closeted) Rob Halford, Bowie, Madonna, Lady Gaga and others can attest to
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2023, 09:09:25 AM »

It's not as if LGBT artists being involved, more or less intentionally, in the satanic panic or other similar "controversies" is a new thing either, as (the then transparently-closeted) Rob Halford, Bowie, Madonna, Lady Gaga and others can attest to

Lady Gaga is a Christian.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2023, 11:29:30 AM »

Lady Gaga is a Christian.

Yes, I'm fully aware of that (I was a devout Little Monster many many years ago after all)
Everyone I mentioned is/was deeply religious in fact, with her and Madonna having never been exactly quiet about their Catholic faith

NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2023, 07:55:51 PM »

BRTD threaf
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2023, 07:58:49 PM »

God hates your favorite bands.
Pages: [1]