Who is more likely to be Hochul’s successor? Delgado or James?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:29:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who is more likely to be Hochul’s successor? Delgado or James?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who is more likely to be Hochul’s successor?
Antonio Delgado

Tish James

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Who is more likely to be Hochul’s successor? Delgado or James?  (Read 633 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 20, 2023, 03:37:19 PM »

Who is more likely to be Kathy Hochul’s successor when she retires? Antonio Delgado or Tish James?
Duke of York

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 03:46:46 PM »

Probably James but I could see Delgado winning as well.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2023, 11:58:21 PM »

Neither.

It'll probably be either DiNapoli or someone in the Congressional Delegation that isn't AOC. (maybe Grace Meng or Jamaal Bowman...or if a Republican beats Hochul in 2026, watch Anthony D'Esposito closely.)
Duke of York

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2023, 09:27:12 AM »

Neither.

It'll probably be either DiNapoli or someone in the Congressional Delegation that isn't AOC. (maybe Grace Meng or Jamaal Bowman...or if a Republican beats Hochul in 2026, watch Anthony D'Esposito closely.)

Why?

I don’t think DaNapoli has any interest in being Governor.  I could see Meng or Bowman running and winning though.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2023, 01:44:03 PM »

Delgado due to age, but I'd say neither will. Hochul most likely runs again in 2026 and then retires in 2030. Someone off the radar yet might win the Democratic nomination and election. I could see Dan Goldman be a formidable candidate. Or State Senator Jessica Ramos.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2023, 02:08:33 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2023, 02:13:40 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Delgado due to age, but I'd say neither will. Hochul most likely runs again in 2026 and then retires in 2030. Someone off the radar yet might win the Democratic nomination and election. I could see Dan Goldman be a formidable candidate. Or State Senator Jessica Ramos.

The future of Ds is gonna depend on 24  and if the Ds gets a Filibuster proof Trifecta and Reparations PASSED it's unlimited amount for Pritzker and Hochul so they can retire whenever even Evers can run again in 26 but Whitner can't and we know Sara Rodriguez wants to run for S against Johnson whom won on a DeSyantis IAN BUMP LIKE Vance Johnson is Doom in 28

We know R users want RS to win except Tekken Guy that's why they keep saying like Redban and Old School that Ds can't win OH, NC and TX and MO so we won't win the Filibuster proof Trifecta and Ds will help anyone that doesn't make over 125 K a yr

Reparations will tax under 400 K, like starting 125 K but most incomes are 45 K like School teachers, Police and Firefighter
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2023, 03:26:08 PM »

Neither.

Why?

I don’t think DaNapoli has any interest in being Governor.  I could see Meng or Bowman running and winning though.

I think James's aborted Gubernatorial run hurt her chances of winning a Gubernatorial (or Senate, if Schumer or Gillibrand retires soon) primary in the future. As for Delgado, I think Hochul picked him because he isn't interested in being Governor, specifically. Look for him to run for the Senate if Schumer retires in 2026.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2023, 07:54:16 PM »

Delgado, because Hochul could be forced to resign in the future due to Democratic division or scandal...

But I think someone out of the radar could be her successor.
Duke of York

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2023, 10:54:46 PM »

Delgado, because Hochul could be forced to resign in the future due to Democratic division or scandal...

Very unlikely Hochul resigns.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2023, 11:40:47 PM »

I think the previous poster is implying that there's a chance that some potentially damaging skeletons in Hochul's closet could be revealed at some point, which could be enough to force her out just like how her predecessor was forced out after enough skeletons came out of his closet.
Duke of York

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2023, 11:45:36 PM »

I think the previous poster is implying that there's a chance that some potentially damaging skeletons in Hochul's closet could be revealed at some point, which could be enough to force her out just like how her predecessor was forced out after enough skeletons came out of his closet.

Like what?
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2023, 11:57:52 PM »

Like what?

I don't know of any specifics regarding Hochul, but remember that the revelation of the skeletons in Eliot Spitzer's closet came like a thunderbolt, and forced him out in a matter of days.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies