KY-GOV GOP Primary (Emerson): Cameron leads by 6
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:51:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2023 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KY-GOV GOP Primary (Emerson): Cameron leads by 6
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KY-GOV GOP Primary (Emerson): Cameron leads by 6  (Read 820 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 14, 2023, 08:44:37 AM »

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2023, 08:50:42 AM »

Interesting, I thought Cameron was a shoe-in for the GOP nomination.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2023, 04:30:32 PM »

Reminder that he is a black man heavily associated with Mitch McConnell running for the Kentucky Republican nomination.

As much as he has working for him, he has working against him.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2023, 09:07:28 AM »

I thought Cameron wanted to be McConnell successor, no?
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2023, 09:56:49 AM »

Reminder that he is a black man heavily associated with Mitch McConnell running for the Kentucky Republican nomination.

You're on the ground in KY -- is it true that Craft is outspending the field really hard? My understanding is that if she can maintain her current rates of gaining support she probably wins the nomination.

(Of course, Craft has been a close ally of McConnell for decades and became US Ambassador to UN basically as a kind of thank-you. So her beating Cameron wouldn't really be any sort of defeat for McConnell.)

So many "McConnell successors" at this point have crashed and burned -- there were big McConnell retirement rumors in 2008/2014/2020, and completely different rumored fields every time -- that you'd have to be foolish to see yourself this way. McConnell will actually still be a Senator 10 years after all of us are dead.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2023, 11:51:35 AM »

Kelly Craft winning would be a blow to Donald Trump who endorsed Daniel Cameron!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2023, 02:46:38 PM »

You're on the ground in KY -- is it true that Craft is outspending the field really hard? My understanding is that if she can maintain her current rates of gaining support she probably wins the nomination.

(Of course, Craft has been a close ally of McConnell for decades and became US Ambassador to UN basically as a kind of thank-you. So her beating Cameron wouldn't really be any sort of defeat for McConnell.)

So many "McConnell successors" at this point have crashed and burned -- there were big McConnell retirement rumors in 2008/2014/2020, and completely different rumored fields every time -- that you'd have to be foolish to see yourself this way. McConnell will actually still be a Senator 10 years after all of us are dead.

I didn't know until seeing this post that Craft was so McConnell-aligned, but I did hear of Cameron being groomed to succeed McConnell. I'm curious to see if that's how he's perceived in the state, though. Maybe McConnell plans to die in office, but I'm not aware of anyone else who claimed that mantle and faded. McConnell couldn't keep Rand out of the Senate, and though they've since reconciled he's still an unpopular senator who makes neither side happy but still a shoe-in each time due to the fact that he's an institution who brings home lots of pork.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies