TN-SEN 2024 megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:47:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TN-SEN 2024 megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: TN-SEN 2024 megathread  (Read 3523 times)
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2023, 01:41:07 AM »

This continues a trend in recent years of the TNDP supporting more ideologically progressive candidates than it had in the past.  It tried to go to the (relative) center in 2018, but, since then, it's gone hard left.

Can't count on Taylor Swift to save them this time around either
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2023, 07:19:04 AM »

We aren't winning TN, if Johnson wins it would be split VOTING with other swing states but a Blue wave can happen in 14 mnths not 60 days
TwinGeeks99
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2023, 06:36:06 PM »

Gotta field candidates everywhere. She's the best TN Dems are gonna get, candidate wise
I think its far more strategic to avoid fielding good candidates for ultra safe seats. Remember we on Atlas are in the top 1% of people with electoral knowledge. The average actblue donor is a suburban mom in NJ, and if she sees someone recognizable from the TN three she is inclined to support them not knowing there is a virtually zero chance of them winning. That's $5 dollars to Johnson and $5 less to Tester or Brown.

Perhaps, but I think it’s more likely that this hypothetical donor just wouldn’t donate to any candidate at all. I’m thinking of someone like Amy McGrath in 2020. She had no chance of winning, but she got a ton of grassroots donations because her opponent was well known and widely disliked. Had McConnell not had a credible opponent, it’s not like all those donors would have picked a different Senate race and donated to Cal Cunningham or John Hickenlooper, for example. These donors probably just wouldn’t have donated at all, because they aren’t as politically involved as we are on this forum.

So I’m still in favor of fielding candidates everywhere, because I think it’s a good thing for voters to have two credible choices for any given office on the ballot. The DSCC / Dem Super PAC money will still go to the races that matter in the end (Ohio, Montana, Nevada etc.).

That's actually smart move for once by the DSCC and I wouldn't be surprised if it was more than 50-50.
Even though the race is almost certainly unwinnable, at least Gloria Johnson is capitalizing on all the attention she's getting to help the greater cause. A true team player indeed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies