Is the Tricia Cotham thing Democrats’ fault?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:36:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Is the Tricia Cotham thing Democrats’ fault?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is the Tricia Cotham thing Democrats’ fault?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: Is the Tricia Cotham thing Democrats’ fault?  (Read 1835 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 05, 2023, 10:15:33 PM »

Is the Tricia Cotham party switch in North Carolina Democrats’ fault for bullying her out of the party? Or is there something fishy going on?
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2023, 10:20:16 PM »

You mean the adult woman sacrificing her values because some people said mean things about her on twitter?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2023, 10:26:06 PM »

No. It would be one thing if she just became an Independent. But she is joining the Republican Party and is doing a complete 180 on basically every issue.

If this was genuinely an overnight ideological conversion, then she should just say that. But as of right now, she's only said "the Democrats were mean to me" as her reason for switching, which means that she's going to be voting in favor of policies that she thinks are bad for North Carolina.

An overnight conversion would call into question her mental state. Voting for policies she opposes because of petty vindictiveness is immoral and immature.

Either way, she should resign. 

The only alternative explanation I can think of is she is facing some sort of blackmail.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2023, 10:30:10 PM »

No. It would be one thing if she just became an Independent. But she is joining the Republican Party and is doing a complete 180 on basically every issue.

If this was genuinely an overnight ideological conversion, then she should just say that. But as of right now, she's only said "the Democrats were mean to me" as her reason for switching, which means that she's going to be voting in favor of policies that she thinks are bad for North Carolina.

An overnight conversion would call into question her mental state. Voting for policies she opposes because of petty vindictiveness is immoral and immature.

The only alternative explanation I can think of is she is facing some sort of blackmail.

So this is Van Drew all over again?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2023, 10:45:38 PM »

Not really. Van Drew was, at the very least, a conservative Democrat from a Trump district.

This is basically if Amy Klobuchar switched parties.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2023, 11:26:09 PM »

Not really. Van Drew was, at the very least, a conservative Democrat from a Trump district.

This is basically if Amy Klobuchar switched parties.

Klobuchar is ready for Filibuster reform due to fact if we lose MT and WV we still have MO, TX and FL
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2023, 01:51:59 AM »

That Tim Moore guy must be a beast in the sheets.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2023, 08:16:07 AM »

Mostly yes.  These activist tactics/cancellation attempts are the worst thing about the Dem base and they vastly underestimate how much it can turn normal people who would otherwise embrace many Dem policies off.  Just absolutely toxic stuff.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2023, 11:20:29 AM »

Mostly yes.  These activist tactics/cancellation attempts are the worst thing about the Dem base and they vastly underestimate how much it can turn normal people who would otherwise embrace many Dem policies off.  Just absolutely toxic stuff.

Especially if her children were involved, which it sounds like they may have been.

If she AND her young children were bullied by Dems or Dem aligned people, I’m sure that would make her angry. I think the strange part might be the policy positions 180, but if you feel resentment towards a group so strongly, you may also begin to subconsciously hate what they stand for.

If I were in her shoes, I would be angry and may even make a formal statement about how angry I was, but waited to switch parties cause if she switched out of a spur of anger, she may end up regretting it long term.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2023, 01:28:47 PM »

Especially if her children were involved, which it sounds like they may have been.

If she AND her young children were bullied by Dems or Dem aligned people, I’m sure that would make her angry. I think the strange part might be the policy positions 180, but if you feel resentment towards a group so strongly, you may also begin to subconsciously hate what they stand for.

If I were in her shoes, I would be angry and may even make a formal statement about how angry I was, but waited to switch parties cause if she switched out of a spur of anger, she may end up regretting it long term.

Yes, this kind of activity can turn a lot of right leaning people from live and let live libertarians into "I will gladly vote to make your life as miserable as possible" overnight.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2023, 02:19:23 PM »

Yes. North Carolina Dems don't have strong union ties. In more sensible states like NYC, her children could have been offered no show jobs in the civil service or on a job site and she'd have been fine.
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2023, 06:08:38 PM »

What evidence is there for her being unfairly targeted on Twitter, beyond reasonable suspicion that she's having an affair with a Republican state rep?
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2023, 07:16:08 PM »

No, she seems absolutely kooky.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2023, 08:12:41 PM »

What evidence is there for her being unfairly targeted on Twitter, beyond reasonable suspicion that she's having an affair with a Republican state rep?

She's a very weak person is having an affair changes all her political views and causes her to make a consequential decision that will affect the entire state.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2023, 08:47:13 PM »

Yes. North Carolina Dems don't have strong union ties. In more sensible states like NYC, her children could have been offered no show jobs in the civil service or on a job site and she'd have been fine.

Her kids were like 12 IIRC, and since Sarah Huckabee Sanders isn't President of the United States, that isn't possible.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies