Statement from Sen. Nation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:44:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Statement from Sen. Nation
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Statement from Sen. Nation  (Read 1991 times)
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 09, 2004, 10:05:46 PM »

*addressing the senate leadership and any others present*

I must make my intentions clear right now, that I wish for Vorlon to be removed as Game Moderator of the forum. He is an asset to the rest of Atlasia, but not the fantasy forums.

The Game Moderator was agreed upon to be a large pick-me-up for the lagging debate of real-world events that were supposed to entertain us between elections.

Right now, we have had ONE conflict with not much debate and ZERO follow-up. We now have a new administration, and a new chance to improve the GM situation.

I urge any Atlas Member who believes they have what it takes to take the reigns of GM -- be aware that it will suspend your ability to vote and run for office, for the position of GM must be entirely without partisanship and bias.

Thank you.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2004, 12:18:45 AM »

It's worth noting that he did finally follow up, though it took quite a while.

There was debate, and a policy was put in place. Overall it wasn't as exciting as it could have been, though.

And yes, I agree that we need someone new.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2004, 03:04:02 AM »
« Edited: July 10, 2004, 03:06:00 AM by Ernest (MDP-SC) »

Just how much latitude would the GM have in determining events, and how often would those events be wanted?  Depending on the answers, I might be intersted in the job.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2004, 03:35:53 AM »

If I wasn't already VP I would do it.  Hell, I write the issues for the Gannon University Model UN (or at least assist in doing so) so I could probably do this fairly well.  But, fullfilling an under-appreciated role in this administration is better.  Smiley
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2004, 07:49:58 AM »

I'd like the opportunity to do this once my senate term is up, if the person we get before then is prepared to leave Cheesy
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2004, 12:55:41 PM »

Assuming that the Senate acts with vigor, the scenario I have planned if I should be chosen GM should be over before the 3rd Congress convenes.  The scenario does have several intertwined threads, some of which will be just red herrings to distract the Senate from the main problem.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2004, 01:00:39 PM »

That sounds pretty cool, Ernest.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2004, 01:20:01 PM »

How about this idea: instead of having one permanent GM, people can make their own scenarios, and throw them out there, and we can vote on which ones we want to go with. If Ernest or anyone else has a good one, go ahead and present it, and we'll see what we want to do.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2004, 01:39:46 PM »

How about this idea: instead of having one permanent GM, people can make their own scenarios, and throw them out there, and we can vote on which ones we want to go with. If Ernest or anyone else has a good one, go ahead and present it, and we'll see what we want to do.

That sounds like a good idea but I don't think people in the government should be allowed to vote.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2004, 01:45:44 PM »

Interesting idea, but sometimes the very mundane scenarios could have fascinating effects.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2004, 02:12:47 PM »
« Edited: July 16, 2004, 06:18:26 PM by Ernest (MDP-SC) »

Well, as I said, I intend several intertwining threads, and I'd rather not give everything away at once, since some of what happens would depend upon the response.  But if selected, here is the first "news" item I would be putting out.
(Yes, I meant Routers and not Reuters below. This is fantasy news, not real news.)

(Routers) -  Tehran
Iranian Oil Minister Bijan Namdar Zangeneh announced today a new trade deal that would supply North Korea with thirty million barrels of oil per year for the next five years. This reprresents the sum total of curent oil imports made by North Korea today, but it remains to be seen if this represents a decision by the Pyongyang government to depend upon Iranian oil for its imports or to increase the usage of petroleum which was scaled back after deliveries of subsidized fuel oil under the Agreed Framework ended in November 2002, after the disclosure of North Korea's nuclear weapons program.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2004, 03:02:07 PM »

Well, as I said, I intend several intertwining threads, and I;d rather not give everything away at once, since soem of what happens would depend upon the response.  But if selected, here is the first "news" item I would be putting out.
(Yes, I meant Routers and not Reuters below. This is fantasy news, not real news.)

(Routers) -  Tehran
Iranian Oil Minister Bijan Namdar Zangeneh announced today a new trade deal that would supply North Korea with thirty million barrels of oil per year for the next five years. This reprresents the sum total of curent oil imports made by North Korea today, but it remains to be seen if this represents a decision by the Pyongyang government to depend upon Iranian oil for its imports or to increase the usage of petroleum which was scaled back after deliveries of subsidized fuel oil under the Agreed Framework ended in November 2002, after the disclosure of North Korea's nuclear weapons program.

Sounds a bit like the opening chapter of a Tom Clancy novel... Smiley

I think the idea of scenarios being presented rather than 1 permanent GM sounds good, at least until we have someone with the dedication to take it on more permanently.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2004, 05:36:44 PM »

Well, should I take this as an indication to continue with this...  Tom Clancy or not, it was intended as an opening chapter, but I'd want something clearer in the way of appropval before continuing.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies