With Florida becoming a Right-To-Life state
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:07:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  With Florida becoming a Right-To-Life state
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: With Florida becoming a Right-To-Life state  (Read 308 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 04, 2023, 08:19:00 AM »

Discuss with maps what you think the right-to-life vs. freedom of choice map will look like by 2030.
If you want, you can also do a weed map.
RFK 2024
BasedSanta
Canada

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2023, 08:41:18 AM »

Abortion

Recreational Marijuana
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2023, 08:56:27 AM »
« Edited: April 04, 2023, 10:15:12 AM by Skill and Chance »

Abortion

Recreational Marijuana

So you must expect a federal law legalizing recreational marijuana?  Also for abortion, you must be counting 6 week limits as "illegal" and 15 week limits (AZ) as "legal"?  Several of the "illegal" states have constitutional amendments by referendum, and while I'm not sure what passed in Michigan would pass in all of them, something like a 15 week limit likely would.  On the other side of the spectrum, a future GOP trifecta banning abortion in PA is at least plausible.  There would be no recourse to the referendum there and the upper chamber of the legislature is near impossible for Dems.

Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2023, 10:53:14 AM »

Abortion

Recreational Marijuana

So you must expect a federal law legalizing recreational marijuana?  Also for abortion, you must be counting 6 week limits as "illegal" and 15 week limits (AZ) as "legal"?  Several of the "illegal" states have constitutional amendments by referendum, and while I'm not sure what passed in Michigan would pass in all of them, something like a 15 week limit likely would.  On the other side of the spectrum, a future GOP trifecta banning abortion in PA is at least plausible.  There would be no recourse to the referendum there and the upper chamber of the legislature is near impossible for Dems.

A 15 week abortion ban would be unconstitutional in Michigan, the 2022 ballot measure amended the state constitution to only allow restrictions after fetal viability which is widely noted ar 24 weeks.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2023, 12:41:45 PM »

Abortion

Recreational Marijuana

A 15 week abortion ban would be unconstitutional in Michigan, the 2022 ballot measure amended the state constitution to only allow restrictions after fetal viability which is widely noted ar 24 weeks.

I mean the referendum that created a state constitutional right to abortion in Michigan that is at least as expansive as Roe.  While I don't think that would pass in say, Oklahoma or Arkansas (the most conservative states with initiated constitutional amendments), I do think something converting a ban to a 15 week limit could pass there.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies