Majority of Americans reject anti-trans bills, but support for this restriction is rising (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:08:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Majority of Americans reject anti-trans bills, but support for this restriction is rising (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Majority of Americans reject anti-trans bills, but support for this restriction is rising  (Read 2022 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: March 30, 2023, 05:05:47 PM »

This shows that democrats on here are in denial of how unpopular a lot of DeSantis’s legislation on trans issues would be cause most of them are more moderate than this .

poll shows majority of Americans oppose laws banning gender-affirming care for minors

OSR: Democrats are in denial

You are absolutely delusional.

If the poll was phrased a bit differently then it would be a majority in favor, I suspect. "Do you support a ban on puberty-blocking drugs and cross sex hormones for minors?" would likely break 50% approval.

I think the opposite is likely true, as many people are assuming that "gender-affirming care" means permanent sex-change surgeries.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 05:09:03 PM »

This shows that democrats on here are in denial of how unpopular a lot of DeSantis’s legislation on trans issues would be cause most of them are more moderate than this .

poll shows majority of Americans oppose laws banning gender-affirming care for minors

OSR: Democrats are in denial

You are absolutely delusional.

If the poll was phrased a bit differently then it would be a majority in favor, I suspect. "Do you support a ban on puberty-blocking drugs and cross sex hormones for minors?" would likely break 50% approval.

I think the opposite is likely true, as many people are assuming that "gender-affirming care" means permanent sex-change surgeries.

I doubt it.

I don't know, any time a red state legislator gets called out on why they would vote to ban all gender-affirming care, regardless of reversibility or parental consent, they always default to something like "I just don't think children need to be having sex change operations." Whether they're sincere buffoons or just deflecting on purpose, it's likely that a lot of voters believe that's what it's all about.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies