Majority of Americans reject anti-trans bills, but support for this restriction is rising
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:53:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Majority of Americans reject anti-trans bills, but support for this restriction is rising
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Majority of Americans reject anti-trans bills, but support for this restriction is rising  (Read 2030 times)
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2023, 09:52:15 PM »

What we're seeing here is more Americans coming to see "gender-affirming care" as a euphemism for sex change.
Speak for yourself. I've been experiencing gender-affirming care for five years now, and perhaps the most notable aspect of my sex still hasn't changed, and not for lack of trying!

I'm not speaking for anyone just guessing at what is causing this uptick.  I think the GOP messaging on this has been pretty successful as most of the media is now conflating the two.
Fair enough, that's on me for misinterpreting the quotes around the phrase "gender-affirming care" as scare rather than to separate Gender Affirming Care, the Idea from Gender Affirming Care, the Man.
the artist formerly known as catmusic
schnittdoodle
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.16, S: -7.91

P
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2023, 10:11:00 PM »

I'm just glad they aren't in a majority and I hope against everything it stays that way, which it most likely will.

Also big agree on the whole "gender affirming care" = sex change operations to a lot of people. Whenever my parents/their generation talk about why they hate the transgender "movement" it's always because "they're just letting a bunch of teenage girls chop their breasts off and mutilate their bodies!!!" They barely even mention hormones (and do not understand what they do) and puberty blockers are completely misunderstood at best, but more likely a complete unknown. The sensationalized talk around it is always about unchecked body "mutilation" and of course, the true evil sweeping the nation, pronouns.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2023, 11:58:11 PM »

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/majority-of-americans-reject-anti-trans-bills-but-support-for-this-restriction-is-rising

Conservatives are still in the minority when it comes to trans issues but they've made massive headways in the last 2 years going from -37 to now just -11. Will the gap contintue to shrink further?

Vicious hateful bigots can certainly hope.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies