One week out: Who wins SCOWIS?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:34:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  One week out: Who wins SCOWIS?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
Dan Kelly

Janet Protasiewicz

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 90

Author Topic: One week out: Who wins SCOWIS?  (Read 1676 times)
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 28, 2023, 08:04:08 PM »

Who do you think will win?
Duke of York

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023, 08:12:18 PM »

Protasiewicz by around 5 to 7 points.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023, 10:37:55 PM »

I have to say, the high turnout in the WOW counties is a bit worrying, but I still think it's Likely Protasiewicz.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2023, 11:36:40 PM »

I have to say, the high turnout in the WOW counties is a bit worrying, but I still think it's Likely Protasiewicz.
WOW has been shifting left quite a bit, so that might not be as much of a tell as expected.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2023, 09:25:39 AM »

Lean Liberals
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2023, 09:28:29 AM »

I'd say Protasiewicz narrowly, though that will mean nothing for 2024. The usual suspects here will try to spin this into good or bad news though, depending on the outcome.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2023, 09:41:46 AM »

I'd say Protasiewicz narrowly, though that will mean nothing for 2024. The usual suspects here will try to spin this into good or bad news though, depending on the outcome.

I don’t disagree with your second point, but if she wins it will have many repercussions on 2024 because she will decide a host of cases on gerrymandering and voting rights
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2023, 05:46:03 PM »

Protasiewicz by two to four points.
TwinGeeks99
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2023, 01:22:44 AM »

I don’t disagree with your second point, but if she wins it will have many repercussions on 2024 because she will decide a host of cases on gerrymandering and voting rights
If Protasiewicz and the other liberal justices are able to ungerrymander the legislative and congressional maps and enact protections against voter suppression, that would be huge for democracy in Wisconsin for future elections.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2023, 03:04:46 PM »

If Protasiewicz and the other liberal justices are able to ungerrymander the legislative and congressional maps and enact protections against voter suppression, that would be huge for democracy in Wisconsin for future elections.

You have to go out of your way to draw a congressional map that gives Demcorats more than 2 Biden seats. The best I could come up with was a WI-01 that was Trump +1 and a WI-03 that was Trump +2

Not to further derail the thread. My prediction is Protasiewicz +6
FloridaMan1845
Rookie
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2023, 04:13:46 PM »

I prefer the rule of Law over the “Rule of Janet”. Why do people want to get rid of Voter I.D, etc?
walleye26

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2023, 07:27:09 PM »

My model projects 1.44 million votes (40% turnout) with a Janet +4 result.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2023, 07:57:45 PM »

Protasiewicz, but I think it'll be close.

Ngl, I feel like Protasiewicz made this race a bit too partisan for her own good (though maybe that was unavoidable). She isn't going to be getting any sort of huge crossover support anywhere though.

What this comes down to is who those people in WOW who are voting are. If they're disproportionately college educated and left leaning, Protasiewicz is clearly favored, however, if they're the more old-money conservative types and WOW bounces backa  little, this is a tossup.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2023, 11:58:07 PM »

Janet by 4-5 points.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2023, 05:21:01 AM »

D's win obviously, when Ron Johnson isnt on the ballot RS always underpolls
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2023, 01:22:59 PM »

Democrats, easy win on the back of city students and very old liberals in rural areas.

Basically the only ones who turn out in obscure elections.
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2023, 09:22:14 AM »

Anecdotally, I know two Trump 2016-Biden 2020 voters who I'd classify as WI "swing voters". Both are voting for Janet. Every other Biden 2020 voter I know has voted early for Janet, and Trump 2020 voters are all voting Kelly. I think (compared to the 2020 results) Kelly gains some ground in rural regions but urban and suburban counties vote similar to their 2020 results, where the liberal candidate easily defeated Kelly.

Final prediction: Janet +4
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2023, 07:52:10 AM »

Protasiewicz by 4 seems like a reasonable prediction.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2023, 07:58:01 AM »

Ngl, I feel like Protasiewicz made this race a bit too partisan for her own good (though maybe that was unavoidable). She isn't going to be getting any sort of huge crossover support anywhere though.

What this comes down to is who those people in WOW who are voting are. If they're disproportionately college educated and left leaning, Protasiewicz is clearly favored, however, if they're the more old-money conservative types and WOW bounces backa  little, this is a tossup.

It's almost universally accepted that democrats lost the race in '19 b/c they took the "above the fray, high-minded legal professional" route and didn't get political enough, which failed miserably at turning out the base. They have learned, and will not make that mistake again.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2023, 08:13:40 AM »

Democracy wins.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2023, 10:22:03 AM »

It's almost universally accepted that democrats lost the race in '19 b/c they took the "above the fray, high-minded legal professional" route and didn't get political enough, which failed miserably at turning out the base. They have learned, and will not make that mistake again.

This.  Trying to be above the fray just doesn't work in this day and age.   Look at Hillary 2016.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2023, 05:09:04 PM »

This.  Trying to be above the fray just doesn't work in this day and age.   Look at Hillary 2016.

Everything is about Everything.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2023, 07:00:46 PM »

Janet +6.5
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician