6 dead in shooting at Christian elementary school in Nashville (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:02:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  6 dead in shooting at Christian elementary school in Nashville (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 6 dead in shooting at Christian elementary school in Nashville  (Read 7752 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: March 27, 2023, 12:16:30 PM »

Dead elementary school children, you say?  Just throw 'em on the pile.  This country doesn't care.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 05:16:57 PM »

How lucky are conservatives right now?  Usually they have to sit quietly for a day or two and awkwardly wait for either a counter-narrative to emerge, or if not, just let the story disappear on its own.  But as if by magic, the excuse to throw this story about murdered 9-year olds directly into the trash already presented itself within about three hours; TRANSGENDERS Shocked Shocked  No need to fix any gun laws when we still have TRANS PEOPLE freely roaming around. Angry
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2023, 08:13:31 PM »

How lucky are conservatives right now?  Usually they have to sit quietly for a day or two and awkwardly wait for either a counter-narrative to emerge, or if not, just let the story disappear on its own.  But as if by magic, the excuse to throw this story about murdered 9-year olds directly into the trash already presented itself within about three hours; TRANSGENDERS Shocked Shocked  No need to fix any gun laws when we still have TRANS PEOPLE freely roaming around. Angry

You’re sick.  

Prove me wrong.  And take a look in a f'ing mirror, Republican.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 10:40:25 PM »

How lucky are conservatives right now?  Usually they have to sit quietly for a day or two and awkwardly wait for either a counter-narrative to emerge, or if not, just let the story disappear on its own.  But as if by magic, the excuse to throw this story about murdered 9-year olds directly into the trash already presented itself within about three hours; TRANSGENDERS Shocked Shocked  No need to fix any gun laws when we still have TRANS PEOPLE freely roaming around. Angry

You’re sick. 

Prove me wrong.  And take a look in a f'ing mirror, Republican.

No conservative has showed up in this thread to say anything like you’re implying.  The motivations of a mass shooter are a relevant topic of discussion, trans or not.  You’re the one making partisan hay out of the story. 

Who on earth cares what the half-dozen or so useless blue avatars who still hang around here have to say?  Did I imply that I do?  Read my post again and show me where.

Go take a look around anywhere else on the internet right now and tell me what's the #1 theme of the reactions from conservatives.

And "partisan hay"?  Stop whining.  Civilized society stopped caring what conservatives and Republicans have to say about gun violence a long time ago, when we all realized you have zero interest in actually solving it.  (Other than offering non-solutions and other pointless distractions, that is.)  It's up to the rest of us to somehow figure it out without you.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023, 11:28:04 PM »

Who on earth cares what the half-dozen or so useless blue avatars who still hang around here have to say?

Yeah, because the red avatars are definitely the ones beginning diversity to Atlas LMAO

Certainly.  You'll find all of us scattered along a spectrum of "ban all guns" on one end, "slap some more gun control restrictions around the place and hope for the best" somewhere in the middle, and "more guns everywhere actually will make society safer" on the other end.  We're a pretty diverse group on this issue, but our lack of consensus is also sadly why American society as a whole is stuck being forced to abide by the wishes of the soulless deplorable half of the country.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2023, 11:07:51 AM »

Who on earth cares what the half-dozen or so useless blue avatars who still hang around here have to say?

Yeah, because the red avatars are definitely the ones beginning diversity to Atlas LMAO

Certainly.  You'll find all of us scattered along a spectrum of "ban all guns" on one end, "slap some more gun control restrictions around the place and hope for the best" somewhere in the middle, and "more guns everywhere actually will make society safer" on the other end.  We're a pretty diverse group on this issue, but our lack of consensus is also sadly why American society as a whole is stuck being forced to abide by the wishes of the soulless deplorable half of the country.

This tragedy happened for one reason; the soullessness and deplorable nature of the individual shooter.  Full Stop.

… who had easy access to a weapon of mass murder, that should only be reserved for use on a battlefield.  Full stop.

This is why you folks are so useless in this discussion, and therefore not part of the solution.  Not even close.  Your opinions are worthless.

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2023, 02:05:18 PM »

^ To expand on point #1, most mass shooters either commit suicide as their final act, or fully expect that the police may put them down during the act.  Mass shootings are therefore under the umbrella of suicide methods.  Threatening a suicidal person with the death penalty makes zero sense.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2023, 03:09:19 PM »

If you want to deter crazy criminals, you have to lock crazy people up in asylums before they start hurting people. That's not something many people want to hear either, but I have noticed that a lot of the times when something like this happens, it becomes very very clear that the killer was obviously a crazy lunatic for a long time before they went on a killing spree. I'm certainly not advocating that every single eccentric or crazy person get thrown into a One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest hellscape, but some people really do need to be institutionalized for their own good and for the safety of others.

A lot of the time, sure, but not always.  The deadliest mass shooting - Las Vegas, 1/10/17 - offered no warning signs beforehand, no known motive, nothing.  In fact, go pick a few recent mass shooters' social media profiles at random and tell me if you see all the warning signs there.

Also, how would such an 'early warning' system work in practice?  Unless you're advocating that people's social media be monitored (more thoroughly than perhaps it already is), or have some type of hotline for people to report on each other, and resolve the inevitable problems of filtering out the genuine threats from the 'just posting emo song lyrics because of a bad break up', I don't see how this is workable.  And that's just social media.  How do you spot all the warning signs of someone in real life?

Let's start with banning AR-15s first.  That at least puts us in the same club as all the other countries who also have mental health problems to resolve but don't have mass shootings.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2023, 09:27:01 PM »

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2023, 11:44:55 PM »

Murdoch knows what he's doing.  He always does.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies