DeSantis signs Tort Reform Bill into Law that greatly changes FL civil lawsuit system (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:38:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DeSantis signs Tort Reform Bill into Law that greatly changes FL civil lawsuit system (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DeSantis signs Tort Reform Bill into Law that greatly changes FL civil lawsuit system  (Read 923 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: March 26, 2023, 05:40:08 PM »

America is a litigious nation, and trial lawyers as a group lean liberal. This has been the norm for decades.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 04:50:01 PM »

The real solution is to impose a maximum wage on lawyers. As a lawyer I would happily support a maximum wage. Most lawyers are sickenly money-crazed.

I think the opposite would be a more effective reform - make their base salary so absurdly high that there's basically no incentive for them to take on frivolous lawsuits.
What kind of threshold do you think would be suitable for this approach?
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2023, 07:12:39 PM »

The real solution is to impose a maximum wage on lawyers. As a lawyer I would happily support a maximum wage. Most lawyers are sickenly money-crazed.

I think the opposite would be a more effective reform - make their base salary so absurdly high that there's basically no incentive for them to take on frivolous lawsuits.
What kind of threshold do you think would be suitable for this approach?

Probably $1,000,000? I dunno, I think you could probably have an economist actually crunch the numbers on it to find out what the optimal salary would be.
Ah. Fair enough.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies