My timeline (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:10:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  My timeline (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My timeline  (Read 5928 times)
Blow by blow, the passion dies
LeonelBrizola
YaBB God
Brazil

« on: August 05, 2023, 09:31:44 PM »

January 15, 2040: Poll shows a close race ahead of South Carolina

National Democratic Primary
Kirsten Gillibrand 20%
Ro Khanna 19%
Peter Cohen 15%
Brian Schatz 14%
Others 20%
Undecided 12%

South Carolina Democratic Primary
Kirsten Gillibrand 18%
Ro Khanna 17%
Peter Cohen 14%
Brian Schatz 14%
Others 30%
Undecided 7%

Michigan Democratic Primary
Peter Cohen 25%
Peter Cohen 15%
Ro Khanna 15%
Brian Schatz 12%
Others 19%
Undecided 15%

Nevada Democratic Caucuses
Ro Khanna 23%
Kirsten Gillibrand 15%
Peter Cohen 10%
Brian Schatz 10%
Others 30%
Undecided 10%

New Hampshire Democratic Primary
Kirsten Gillibrand 20%
Ro Khanna 20%
Peter Cohen 18%
Brian Schatz 18%
Others 15%
Undecided 9%

I guess you're a dark horse candidate who is going to defeat Gillibrand for the nomination in an upset. But do not spoil this TL.
LeonelBrizola
YaBB God
Brazil

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2023, 04:28:41 PM »

April 25, 2040: Vice Presidential Decision
After becoming the presumptive Democratic nominee for President, I did several interviews and campaigned in Wisconsin. Less than 24 hours after securing the nomination, I sat down with Rachel, Ying, Nicole, Nancy, and Amir to discuss the vice presidential nomination. Also joining us via phone were former Vice President Susan Rice and Senator Alex Padilla of California, who I asked to co-chair my vice presidential search committee. In recent weeks, the media focused on my potential choices, with about a dozen names being mentioned. My list consisted of ten names, and there was some overlap. My view was that my running-mate should be someone who I trusted and complemented my experience, while some on my team argued geographic and ideological diversity was important. Our list consists of Congresswoman Sara Jacobs of California, Senator Tammy Duckworth of Illinois, Congresswoman Shontel Brown of Ohio, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand of New York, Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey, Congressman Ro Khanna of California, Congresswoman Jasmine Crockett of Texas, Mayor Justin Bibb of Cleveland, Ohio, Congressman Gabe Vasquez of New Mexico, and Congresswoman Delia Ramirez of Illinois.

Apri 24, 2040: I win Maryland and Nebraska, clinch the nomination after Khanna suspends campaign
I won Democratic primaries in Maryland and Nebraska, placing me just 75 delegates short of securing the Democratic nomination for President. I won Maryland by a 77%-22% margin, and won Nebraska, 65%-34%. Congressman Khanna called me at 10:50 p.m. and conceded the nomination. We agreed to meet in the coming days, and I pledged that he would be a part of our campaign in the general election. At 11:45 p.m., I spoke to supporters in Fredrick, Maryland as the presumptive nominee of the Democratic Party:

"My fellow Democrats, fellow Americans. I want to begin by thanking each and every single volunteer who stuffed envelopes, made phone calls, knocked on doors, and put up lawn signs for your energy, time, and effort. I want to thank Ying Lee, Nicole Giordano, and my entire campaign staff for their hard work and professionalism in helping us get to this moment. We are so blessed to have so many donors who have sent us donations and attended our events, I thank you for your support. My parents have had my back throughout my life and career, and this campaign is no exception. I love you, Mom and Dad. And to my wife, Rachel Cohen, I thank you for your love, guidance, and always keeping me grounded. I love you more than words can express. And to Democratic primary voters across the country, I thank you for your hospitality, consideration, and votes. A few minutes ago, I received a gracious phone call from Congressman Ro Khanna congratulating us on our victories tonight. I told the Congressman that he has inspired the votes of millions of grassroots progressives across the nation, and I look forward to his continued leadership and voice in our party and in government. My friends, it is with humility and gratitude that I can report that we have secured the Democratic nomination for President of the United States. Across America, people are hungry for more freedom and equality in America. Ours will be a campaign that is about the freedom to earn a decent living, build a successful business, afford the necessities we all rely on, breathe clean air and drink clean water, and enjoy equal access to economic opportunity, housing, education, healthcare, and justice. I pledge to continue to go everywhere, listen to everyone, and offer policies that will restore prosperity and progress. Let me address independents and Republicans, as well as Democrats, about the choice you have in November. I respect the President and the presidency, and this campaign won't be personal. I'm a proud Democrat, and I have always stood up for important Democratic ideals throughout my career in public service. But I also have a record of reaching across the aisle to get things done. If elected, you can expect me to put results and the national interest ahead of partisan considerations. Across America, people are struggling to find work and pay the bills. Businesses are having a hard time meeting payroll, and local governments are struggling to meet the demand for services. When it comes to the economy, the President and I have very different records and visions for our future. In the United States Senate, I helped pass the Whitmer economic agenda that delivered tax relief for working Americans, encouraged the creation of jobs, invested in green energy and manufacturing incentives, and strengthened equal pay for equal work. As a result, the American people created 15 million new jobs, unemployment fell to historic lows, we balanced the budget three times, and we saw a sizable reduction in the racial and gender pay gaps. Unfortunately, after four years of higher tariffs on consumers and businesses, regulatory uncertainty, and this administration underfunding education and healthcare, we are experiencing the highest unemployment and inflation in nearly two decades. the economic plan we've proposed and will continue to advocate for isn't just about restoring growth to the economy. It's about making sure our economy is fair for all because everyone deserves a chance to achieve financial security. And our program is about supporting existing jobs in old industries while taking advantage of opportunities in new ones. We'll incentivize the creation of all jobs, and expand tax credits for manufacturing and green energy. We'll cut taxes for 98% of Americans and businesses. We'll revitalize vibrancy and commerce in struggling communities, including those who have been underserved due to historic discrimination, with a new Main Street revitalization fund. And we'll renew investments in education, job training, health care, infrastructure, and services for our veterans. By asking the wealthiest individuals and multinational corporations to pay just a little more in taxes, we can do all of this while paying down $1 trillion. My friends, the economic growth we seek must not only benefit us in the short-term, as important is that is. Growth must be fair and accessible to all and last for generations. So tonight, I ask all Americans to join us as we seek an opportunity economy for all. My friends, our commitment to an opportunity economy for all must also ensure we are an opportunity society for all regardless of background. I am committed to advancing equity, inclusiveness, and sustainability. I am proud to have been a leader in codifying a woman's right to choose into federal law, strengthening voting rights, and passing the boldest equal pay legislation since 1965. Unfortunately, this administration has failed to dedicate the resources and attention to these policies. Not only will I defend these policies, I'll work to strengthen and expand them. We'll support funding for women's healthcare, prevent states from engaging in voter suppression, and I'll campaign to ratify the Equal Rights Amendment. I'll also advance what has been described as the boldest environmental program in a generation, so we can reduce utility bills, conserve our land and waters, and get to carbon neutrality by 2050. In addition to the many domestic challenges we face, it is crucial that we restore America's standing as a leader in international affairs. I will work to strengthen our military, support our veterans, and pursue peace. My friends, tonight is the beginning of the general election. And we have a lot of work to do to spread our message of freedom and equality to every corner of this country. I humbly ask for your help and this November, I ask all Americans for their votes. thank you, God bless you, and may God bless these United States."

Khanna would be a great choice, being in Washington for 23 years and your main primary rival.
LeonelBrizola
YaBB God
Brazil

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2023, 09:03:54 PM »

May 5, 2040: My first TV ads of the general elecion

"Biography" running in Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Texas, New Mexico, Nevada, New Hampshire, and South Carolina

NARRATOR: He was born in West Chester, Pennsylvania, where his parents instilled in him the importance of telling the truth and serving others. After graduating from Franklin and Marshall, he joined his family business, where he helped entrepreneurs and workers mitigate risk so they could thrive.

COHEN: During my time in the private sector, I listened to customers and worked with a team to deliver for them. We not only provided Main Street businesses with insurance, we also helped provide workers with affordable healthcare coverage. I'm proud to have had the chance to understand how jobs are created, and what a paycheck means to hard-working Americans. 

NARRATOR: When his community needed leadership to hold the line on taxes, Peter Cohen ran for County Commissioner and won. His neighbors then elected him to the state legislature, and later, Pennsylvanians sent him to the United States Senate.

COHEN 11/8/29: I intend to be a Senator for all Pennsylvanians and all Americans because we need to unite this country in order to achieve great things. Here, in this perennial swing state that is a microcosm of America, we have brought together a broad coalition of people from all walks of life.

NARRATOR In the Senate, Peter Cohen became a leader on the environment, defending a woman’s right to choose, and passing the Whitmer economic agenda that led to the creation of 15 million jobs.

GRETCHEN WHITMER, 05/05/35: I want to thank Senator Peter Cohen for doing so much to help get our economic agenda through the Senate over the past few years. Now, Peter Cohen is running for President, to cut taxes for working people, grow the economy, and make sure we get back to ensuring equal pay for equal work.

COHEN: I believe we need leadership committed to getting Americans back to work and ensuring everyone has equal access to the American dream.

NARRATOR: Peter Cohen for President. Freedom. Equality. For us.

COHEN: I’m Peter Cohen, and I approve this message.

"Plan" Running in Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, Florida, and Ohio

COHEN: I'm Peter Cohen, and I'm running for President to usher in a new era of freedom and equality. Across America, under President Vance, Americans are struggling to find work and having a hard time making ends meet under the burden of the highest inflation in two decades. In this election, you have a choice. We can continue the same failed policies of the past four years with the same results, or we can get Americans back to work and ensure all of our citizens have financial security and opportunities to get ahead. My economic plan cuts taxes for 98% of Americans, returns money to Main Street, helps revitalize communities that have been left behind for far too long, and ensures we invest in job training, infrastructure, green energy, and manufacturing. I'm Peter Cohen, and I approve this message because we can create an opportunity economy for all.
This inspires me to make an OC US presidency set in 2023.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies