arkansas 2008
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:13:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  arkansas 2008
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: arkansas 2008  (Read 1736 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 03, 2007, 05:02:22 PM »

blame joe republic for this thread.

seriously, his comments got me thinking.

a democrat very well could be competitive in 08 in arkansas.

what do you all think?
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 05:04:23 PM »

I think that could be true.  Hillary Clinton's performance in Arkansas would obviously be closely watched; in the end I think she would still lose the state, but win more voters than either Gore or Kerry did.  She would get between 45% and 47% of the vote. 
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 05:09:06 PM »

I highly doubt Hillary would do that well in Arkansas. She's become too much of a Northeastern liberal to draw a broad appeal to the state.

I can see Wes Clark and MAYBE (a big MAYBE) Bill Richardson win the state.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 09:32:39 PM »

I think that could be true.  Hillary Clinton's performance in Arkansas would obviously be closely watched; in the end I think she would still lose the state, but win more voters than either Gore or Kerry did.  She would get between 45% and 47% of the vote. 

Hillary was hated in Arkansas, In matter of fact she would do worse then Kerry here in 2008.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 02:39:48 AM »

Hillary was hated in Arkansas, In matter of fact she would do worse then Kerry here in 2008.

Really?  I was under the impression that both of the Clintons were still loved by a majority of Arkansians.  (? on the proper term for natives of Arkansas).  I think she's the only one with a legitimate shot at the South.  Edwards could MAYBE pull off W. Virginia or Virginia.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 06:16:12 AM »

I actually think Arkansans have a grudging respect for Hillary.  Bill Clinton is still approved of by a majority - 56% of Arkansans according to a recent Rasmussen poll.
Reignman

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.65

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 06:24:45 AM »

GOP will win Arkansas in '08, but maybe by only 4% or something like that.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 05:40:07 PM »

She wouldn't do worse than Kerry, that's assured.

I don't know, she would do well with many of the same women voters who absolutely loved Bill Clinton.  A lot of people are resentful of her for moving to New York to become a Senator, and they don't think they can trust her.  I don't think she could pull out a victory, however, agaisnt a standard Republican. 

The state would lean towards Richardson if he were the nominee.  Edwards would make it close (this "populist" might not do too well in Arkansas, if he's attached to connotations of a insincere ambulance chaser that's not going to play well here).  Obama could win it as well with his very Clintonian style.
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 01:34:45 AM »

Hillary:  47-51%
Obama:  49-53%
Edwards:  52-56%

McCain:  45-49%
Guiliani:  47-51%
Romney: 43-47%

It'll be close.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 10:25:37 AM »

Seems to me that Hillary would play well in Arkansas for obvious reasons.  Otherwise, it's hard to see how a Democrat will be winning it in 2008.  Obama certainly won't.

(I mean, we can talk about folk like Wesley Clark all we want, but that's about as pointless as talking about whether or not George Pataki can win Ohio.)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies