Trump implies DeSantis is possibly a pedophile (again) and gay
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 10:00:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Trump implies DeSantis is possibly a pedophile (again) and gay
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump implies DeSantis is possibly a pedophile (again) and gay  (Read 1661 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2023, 01:43:04 PM »

Really wish DeSantis would just clap back with the obvious "I don't take my lessons on pedophilia from a friend of Epstein" and be done with it.

I think these people rightfully question if that would do any good with the GOP primary electorate.  They all need to walk a fine line in this regard.  GOP voters were (understandably) annoyed with how a figure like McCain or Romney didn't seem quite combative enough against a Democratic Party that these voters think has zero respect for them, their values or the aspects of our nation they wish to defend (again, in their minds).  So, if you're a GOP candidate, you have to tap into that.  However, if you are simply Trump 2.0 running against Trump 1.0, why would anyone vote for you?  They have to take the good from Trump and leave the bad, more petty aspects behind ... and unfortunately, that is infinitely easier to do against Democrats than it is against, well, Trump.  Lol.
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2023, 02:20:34 PM »

The main reason other Republicans failed to take Trump down in 2016 was because they were so busy jockeying to be the Trump alternative and attacking each other that by the time they finally started attacking Trump directly, he had already consolidated enough of the base to win. Rubio did not lose because he attacked Trump; he lost precisely because he attempted the strategy you're recommending for DeSantis. Republicans want an alpha and if DeSantis can come out and start sharply attacking Trump (from the right) and match his energy, it'll be a boon for him.
Whether we agree or not on 2016 strategies, now Trump has his rock solid base of 40%, which no other politician will ever crack.

Can DeSantis really rally around the other 60% through the power of his attacks on Drumpf? You seem to think he can, but it's a tall order when he'll be called a pedophile, a pervert, a traitor, a sellout and worse daily by a former president with a bully pulpit.

I don't disagree at all that it's an incredibly tall order, and if I were to bet, I think Trump will unfortunately be the nominee. My point is that the only chance DeSantis has is to respond to Trump forcefully and not play the aloofness game which has failed every candidate to attempt it against Trump.
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2023, 02:24:25 PM »

Really wish DeSantis would just clap back with the obvious "I don't take my lessons on pedophilia from a friend of Epstein" and be done with it.

I think these people rightfully question if that would do any good with the GOP primary electorate.  They all need to walk a fine line in this regard.  GOP voters were (understandably) annoyed with how a figure like McCain or Romney didn't seem quite combative enough against a Democratic Party that these voters think has zero respect for them, their values or the aspects of our nation they wish to defend (again, in their minds).  So, if you're a GOP candidate, you have to tap into that.  However, if you are simply Trump 2.0 running against Trump 1.0, why would anyone vote for you?  They have to take the good from Trump and leave the bad, more petty aspects behind ... and unfortunately, that is infinitely easier to do against Democrats than it is against, well, Trump.  Lol.

Definitely agree with your last point, but the thrust of my argument is not to say that all policy differentiation should be thrown to the wayside. However, my point is that Republicans want a candidate who projects strength and a willingness to fight. If DeSantis can swat away Trump's attacks by hitting him back with his own jabs, along with making the clear case for how he is a more effective conservative leader, that would give him at least a chance.
Barack Oganja

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2023, 02:27:31 PM »

Not one lie was told lol
His attacks today are a bit cleaner.

While I am fighting against Radical Left Lunatics, Persecutors, and unfair Prosecutors who want to destroy us all, Ron DeSanctimonious is not working for the people of Florida as he should be, he is too busy chatting with a Ratings Challenged TV Host from England, desperately trying to rescue his failing Campaign—But it’s my fault, I put him there!

Ron DeSanctimonious is running—without running! He’s doing this to subvert Election Law. Run Ron, Run! Others have done it before, though, so I can’t really blame him—But he should take a look at his Polls, which are crashing like few people have seen before. That’s because he’s merely an average REPUBLICAN Governor who has great Public Relations, far better than deserved. When you look at the Florida #’s compared to other States, you will not be impressed—I will release them later in the day!
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2023, 02:30:58 PM »

I strongly dislike DeSandwich, but he's innocent until proven guilty and such accusations shouldn't be made without crystal clear evidence. But what do you expect from Trump? He's always been a scumbag.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2023, 02:34:35 PM »

Well, are these accusations possibly true?
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2023, 03:07:20 PM »

DeSantis delenda est! Go for the jugular, 45!
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2023, 03:08:54 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2023, 06:12:37 PM by emailking »

That random people might accuse him of groping them? I guess it could happen, but it hasn't. So no reason to think he did anything like that.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2023, 06:10:57 PM »

Isn’t there literally a photo of him drinking alcohol with underage girls as a teacher? The guy is a sicko.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2023, 09:51:03 PM »

Isn’t there literally a photo of him drinking alcohol with underage girls as a teacher? The guy is a sicko.

Remember when this story first dropped over a year ago and a ton of people here tripped over themselves to tell us how totally normal and cool it was for a teacher to drink with their underage students?
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2023, 12:46:48 PM »

Trump is the last person who should call anybody a pedo.
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2023, 06:29:19 PM »

Remember when this story first dropped over a year ago and a ton of people here tripped over themselves to tell us how totally normal and cool it was for a teacher to drink with their underage students?

I'm currently a high school substitute teacher. If I were to get caught drinking with my underage students I would be fired and blacklisted.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2023, 06:34:08 PM »

Why doesn't Trump ever try to run on his record?
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2023, 06:28:17 PM »

He was, like, 23, and they were 18. It’s not that deep, lol.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2023, 06:40:24 PM »

He was, like, 23, and they were 18. It’s not that deep, lol.

Hello

This is a very disturbing story if true. I do not think that the issue is necessarily the age gap, but the fact that he was their teacher. That is very inappropriate. If my younger sister’s  teacher was drinking with her I would want to have some words with him and see him fired.

—TerryG

It was after they had graduated, I’m pretty sure.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2023, 09:45:06 AM »

Why doesn't Trump ever try to run on his record?

He just claims that he has done the best job ever without going much into the details. And critique is nothing more but rhetoric from the "radical left".
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies