Governor Howard Stern?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:20:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Governor Howard Stern?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Governor Howard Stern?  (Read 2244 times)
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 02, 2007, 11:07:05 PM »

Back in 94 wasn't Howard Stern thinking about a run for Governor of New York on the Liberterian party ticket? However let's say that he ran for the Republican nomention for governor and managed to get it over Pataki, Would it have been possible for Howard Stern to defeat Mario Cuomo?   
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 12:15:03 AM »

I wish celebrities with political aspirations would just go away.  On both sides of the aisle.  I know Clint Eastwood is probably a good mayor.  Fred Grandy didn't embarass himself as a congressman.  I get that they have the right to run.

But good grief.  Howard Stern and Jerry Springer seeking public office?  It speaks volumes about American culture that either one would be taken seriously by enough people to get on the ballot.
RBH

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 12:36:07 AM »

Jerry Springer held political office before he hosted his talk show.

Oh yeah.

Cuomo 56, Stern 33, Golisano 9, Other 2
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 11:36:07 PM »

I remember that quite well (I've been listening to Howard Stern since I was in 8th grade).

He planned to run on just 3 issues:

1) reinstitue the death penalty
2) require all road work done at night
3) I forget the last one

He dropped out because he didn't want to file a financial disclosure form.
Rococo4

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 11:48:57 PM »

No.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 12:06:08 PM »

I wish celebrities with political aspirations would just go away.  On both sides of the aisle.  I know Clint Eastwood is probably a good mayor.  Fred Grandy didn't embarass himself as a congressman.  I get that they have the right to run.

But good grief.  Howard Stern and Jerry Springer seeking public office?  It speaks volumes about American culture that either one would be taken seriously by enough people to get on the ballot.

Clint Eastwood WAS a good mayor.

Don't forget the late Sonny Bono, Congressman from southern California for a number of years.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 07:01:03 PM »

Clint Eastwood WAS a good mayor.

Don't forget the late Sonny Bono, Congressman from southern California for a number of years.

Clint Eastwood 4 PRESIDENT!
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 08:01:01 PM »

Ah yes, the lousy skier who after he killed himself by running into a tree got his name attached to the bill extending copyright by an additional 20 years beyond the minimums called for under the Berne Convention.  The Berne Convention makes copyright last too long as it is, there was no call in joining the EU in their monopolistic silliness of making it last even longer.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 02:01:33 PM »

I, for one, love Howard Stern's radio show. I think the guy is hilarious. Having said that, politics just isn't his thing. And besides, why would he run as a Republican? He is (obviously) a big opponent of censorship and general "family values".
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 12:56:33 PM »

i never understood how a grown adult could listen to stern.

am i the only adult that doesnt find fart jokes particularly funny?

im not into chats about lesbians or bisexuals either.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007, 03:27:42 PM »

i never understood how a grown adult could listen to stern.

am i the only adult that doesnt find fart jokes particularly funny?

im not into chats about lesbians or bisexuals either.

I'm with you there, Walter.  Howard Stern needs to have a sock put in his mouth and be stopped.  He is against all kinds of decency, against everything that moral people would object to, Christian or not.  I understand it is free speech and he is exercising his right, but I think he is part of the cause of all the broken families and sexual misconduct among grown adults and even teenagers.  Face it, underage minors are not protected from Howard Stern's adult radio show.  If it weren't for parental guidance, an 8-year-old kid could listen to Stern just as easily as a 28-year-old man.  Whatever happened to the word 'decency'?  Whatever happened to the father and mother and children version of families, with nobody estranged?  Clearly, this man has no place in politics, or on radio, for that matter.  Thankfully, he is just on the radio and not on TV anymore as far as I know, except maybe the Oxygen or E! channels.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 11:48:34 PM »

Howard Stern is an embarrassment to libertarians.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies