Electoral College of the 2030s
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:48:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Electoral College of the 2030s
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Electoral College of the 2030s  (Read 1336 times)
FloridaMan1845
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 17, 2023, 08:17:04 PM »

How will the U.S. Electoral College look like post-2028?

Here are my ideas:

1. +3 EVs (FL, AZ), +2 EVs (TX), +1 EVs (GA, ID), -1 EVs (CA, MN, WI, MI, OH, PA), -2 EVs (NY, IL).

2. +3 EVs (FL, AZ), +2 EVs (TX), +1 EVs (NV, UT, ID, TN, NC, SC, GA), -1 EVs (MN, WI, MI, OH, PA, NJ), -2 EVs (NY, IL), -5 EVs (CA).

Feel free to roast me if I’m horrendously wrong.
Ragnaroni
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.97, S: 1.74

P
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2023, 05:58:17 AM »

How will the U.S. Electoral College look like post-2028?

Here are my ideas:

1. +3 EVs (FL, AZ), +2 EVs (TX), +1 EVs (GA, ID), -1 EVs (CA, MN, WI, MI, OH, PA), -2 EVs (NY, IL).

2. +3 EVs (FL, AZ), +2 EVs (TX), +1 EVs (NV, UT, ID, TN, NC, SC, GA), -1 EVs (MN, WI, MI, OH, PA, NJ), -2 EVs (NY, IL), -5 EVs (CA).

Feel free to roast me if I’m horrendously wrong.
- 5 EVs for CA means the state gets even worse than it already is. Not unsurprising!
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2023, 02:22:42 PM »

The 2020 census happened too early to capture 90% of the southward COVID migration, so the changes could be really dramatic this time.  Unless there is a realignment, the next reapportionment will basically be the best thing that ever happened to Republicans since Reagan.  Even something like this is plausible:

FloridaMan1845
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2023, 04:46:09 PM »

The 2020 census happened too early to capture 90% of the southward COVID migration, so the changes could be really dramatic this time.  Unless there is a realignment, the next reapportionment will basically be the best thing that ever happened to Republicans since Reagan.  Even something like this is plausible:

AR gains an electoral vote? I’d’ve thought that AZ would get 3. Other than that, this is based.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2023, 10:42:09 AM »

AR gains an electoral vote? I’d’ve thought that AZ would get 3. Other than that, this is based.

It might not be close enough to the line, but it was the most underestimated state in the 2020 census and Walmart just closed a bunch of satellite offices and relo-ed a bunch of people to Bentonville.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2023, 12:53:13 PM »

+3 (TX)
+2 (FL)
+1 (AZ, GA, ID, UT)
-1 (CA, LA, MI, PA, RI, WI)
-2 (IL, NY)
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2023, 07:52:18 PM »
« Edited: March 27, 2023, 07:55:23 PM by Vern »

Epaminondas

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2023, 01:22:50 AM »

Looks about right, just around the time Texas turns blue for a few cycles.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2023, 10:07:55 AM »

Looks about right, just around the time Texas turns blue for a few cycles.

The danger is that the next reapportionment puts Democrats close to a position where they have to win Texas to win the presidency. 
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies