Court Ruling Requested
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:08:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Court Ruling Requested
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Court Ruling Requested  (Read 1269 times)
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 09, 2004, 01:00:12 PM »
« edited: July 09, 2004, 01:00:38 PM by Fritz »

As has been pointed out elsewhere, both by myself and Senator John F. Kennedy, the constitution requires that a special election be held within 7 days of a vacancy occuring in the Senate.  That would put the deadline for the election in district 3 to be held no later than this Sunday, June 11.

At this point in time, it will not be prudent to attempt to meet that deadline.  Since the constitutional deadline will be missed, I seek the following remedy from the Court:

1.  It is traditional that elections are held on weekends.  I also feel that a week is the shortest reasonable time frame between the announcement of an election and the election's occurence.  I request that the Court decree the special election will be held next weekend.

2.  I further request that the Court name an officer to administer the election, in the event that a Secretary of Forum Affairs is not in office by that time.

3.  Finally, because the constitutional deadline for the election will be missed, I request the Court decree that any votes taken by the Senate be considered pending until the new Senator takes office, unless the vote of the 10th Senator would not affect the outcome.  For example, if the Senate vote is 5-4, that vote cannot be considered passed.  A vote of 6-3 could be considered passed, as the additional vote would have no affect on the result.

I await response from the Court.

Thank you,
Fritz
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 06:06:12 PM »
« Edited: July 09, 2004, 06:07:43 PM by SCJ KEmperor »

I will confer with my fellow justices and have you a decision as soon as possible.  As I am sure many of you are aware, Migrendel is hard to contact, and MAS is on vacation, making him also difficult to contact.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 06:36:58 PM »

Perhaps all of this doesn't require a court ruling.  My primary reason for asking the court to get involved is, there is a constitutional issue involved.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2004, 12:03:46 PM »

Okay, look...

All I really want is someone to make official the date of the election, and who will administer it.  I suppose that doesn't have to be the court.  Gustaf has returned and said:

On the special election: as president I wish to stay out of affiars that belong to other branches than my own, so I will leave to others with the appropriate authority to make decisions on the date of that election.

I am wondering exactly who has the "appropriate authority"?  Is this something the candidates can just agree upon?
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2004, 12:05:33 PM »

If you want I will as PPT of the Senate or possibly have Supersoulty who is Vice President and thus President of the Senate.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2004, 12:22:32 PM »

Let's just have the election next weekend, Fri-Sun. That makes the most sense.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2004, 12:30:26 PM »

Fine.  If no one has any objection, I officially declare the district 3 election to held next weekend, July 17-19.  It has been suggested that Governor Ilikeverin administer the election, I have no  objection to that.

Are PBrunsel and Demrepdan in agreement?

Does Ilikeverin accept this responsibility?

Does any forum member have any objection?

Oh, and I withdraw my request for court action.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2004, 12:34:41 PM »

Fine.  If no one has any objection, I officially declare the district 3 election to held next weekend, July 17-19.  It has been suggested that Governor Ilikeverin administer the election, I have no  objection to that.

Are PBrunsel and Demrepdan in agreement?

Does any forum member have any objection?

Oh, and I withdraw my request for court action.

I aggree with this.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2004, 01:00:36 PM »

I do, sir Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies