Republicans only: More important Getting rid of Trump OR winning an Election?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 03:48:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Republicans only: More important Getting rid of Trump OR winning an Election?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Republicans only:
Which is more important to you
Getting rid of Donald Trump or winning the 2024 Presidential Election?

I am for my part are willing to sacrifice the 2024 Race if that means we get finally rid of Trump.
Obviously the 2024 Election is very important. Biden can't be allowed 4 more years

Getting rid of Donald Trump is far more important

Neither of those two are important

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Author Topic: Republicans only: More important Getting rid of Trump OR winning an Election?  (Read 821 times)
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 15, 2023, 01:40:12 PM »

How do you feel about it?
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2023, 01:53:05 PM »

r u ok bro
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2023, 02:50:47 PM »

Getting rid of Trump
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2023, 03:18:26 PM »

Would you vote for Joe Biden if Trump were the nominee and you lived in a swing state?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2023, 03:22:51 PM »

DeSantis is gonna lose to Biden he voted like Paul Ryan in the H he will get 47 percent like Romney did because he needs blk voters in a natl Eday I'm PA, MI and WI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2023, 03:30:39 PM »

Would you vote for Joe Biden if Trump were the nominee and you lived in a swing state?
More likely I would leave the Presidential Race blank and vote Republican Down Ballot. We can ill-afford giving Biden another Trifecta and I don't think it will happen.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2023, 03:54:45 PM »

More likely I would leave the Presidential Race blank and vote Republican Down Ballot. We can ill-afford giving Biden another Trifecta and I don't think it will happen.

So you were a massive Trump guy until very recently. I'm curious what changed.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2023, 03:55:43 PM »

Winning 2024. 
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2023, 04:10:54 PM »

So you were a massive Trump guy until very recently. I'm curious what changed.
This guy was a big Rubio/Kasich supporter in 2016. Never was a Trump fan.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2023, 06:22:44 PM »

I’d hope get rid of Trump in the primary. Honestly it’d be better for the GOP’s long-term future if Trump loses the election than if he wins it.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2023, 09:04:59 PM »

Winning an election. We shouldn't get rid of Trump.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2023, 09:10:16 PM »

Best way to get rid of Trump? Him winning in 2024. Then you know he can’t run again.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2023, 11:17:33 AM »

I’d hope get rid of Trump in the primary. Honestly it’d be better for the GOP’s long-term future if Trump loses the election than if he wins it.
That Phony Orange Clown Trump is currently running bascially on the immunity DeSantis gave him in Florida.

DeSantis should boot Trump from Florida and Don Jr, Ivanka and Jared + Guilfoyle as well and I hope he does.

DeSantis should work with the Feds to convict and charge Trump.
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2023, 11:35:45 AM »

Winning an election. We shouldn't get rid of Trump.
Those two sentences are mutually exclusive.
David Hume
davidhume
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: 1.22

P P
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2023, 01:16:25 PM »

Getting rid of Trump. Trump wouldn't be able to achieve anything. Mitch won't nuke the filibuster for Trump for sure. And 2026 would be a larger blue wave than 2018 under Trump.
Blow by blow, the passion dies
LeonelBrizola
YaBB God
Brazil

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2023, 01:54:40 PM »

A is a prerequisite for B
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2023, 02:26:59 PM »

It still looks like Trump is the strongest general election candidate who can win the nomination. Others can win the general, but would struggle to win the nomination.
EastwoodS

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2023, 01:25:35 AM »

It still looks like Trump is the strongest general election candidate who can win the nomination. Others can win the general, but would struggle to win the nomination.
why can't Trump just be a grown up, go home, and leave the country and the GOP alone.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2023, 03:32:31 AM »

why can't Trump just be a grown up, go home, and leave the country and the GOP alone.
Neither Trump nor his voters owe anything to the GOP, an organization that hates its increasingly downscale base.

If more votes were counted in Romney’s favor than Obama’s in 2012 and he was within 45k votes of being named president, there’s no question he would run again either.
EastwoodS

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2023, 03:46:07 AM »

Neither Trump nor his voters owe anything to the GOP, an organization that hates its increasingly downscale base.

If more votes were counted in Romney’s favor than Obama’s in 2012 and he was within 45k votes of being named president, there’s no question he would run again either.
fair, maybe, I could also say then say that the GOP shouldn't try simping for Trump's base (if they wont show up to vote for them) of Christian fundamentlist deplorables, and should try to liberalize and leave these looney-tune nut cases in the 20th century, while the rest of the country moves on..
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2023, 03:48:06 AM »

fair, maybe, I could also say then say that the GOP shouldn't try simping for Trump's base (if they wont show up to vote for them) of Christian fundamentlist deplorables, and should try to liberalize and leave these looney-tune nut cases in the 20th century, while the rest of the country moves on..
The GOP’s base of evangelicals supports DeSantis more heavily than Trump in early polling. The other two people who have declared with any following (Pence and Haley) have positions on LGBT issues and abortion that speak for themselves. Like 2016, Trump’s likely to be the more socially moderate candidate.

In terms of voters who won’t turn out for them, who skew more northern WWC/rural, that’s a hard sell IMO. Obama turned out black/young voters in 2008 and 2012 that other Dems couldn’t, and it’s tough to say they shouldn’t be activated again.
EastwoodS

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2023, 03:53:10 AM »

The GOP’s base of evangelicals supports DeSantis more heavily than Trump in early polling. The other two people who have declared with any following (Pence and Haley) have positions on LGBT issues and abortion that speak for themselves. Like 2016, Trump’s likely to be the more socially moderate candidate.
Trump has been moving more right wing socially lately, saying whatever he needs to simp for the MAGA base. and let me just say, I honestly think MAGA is a monster that's grown and gotten way more hellish than Trump ever was. The MAGA base is drifted far right over the last 8 years, especially since 2020. I think Trump is scared of the demon he created which is why he's cow towing to the "Christian" weirdos that have seized MAGA.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2023, 03:57:30 AM »

Trump has been moving more right wing socially lately, saying whatever he needs to simp for the MAGA base. and let me just say, I honestly think MAGA is a monster that's grown and gotten way more hellish than Trump ever was. The MAGA base is drifted far right over the last 8 years, especially since 2020. I think Trump is scared of the demon he created which is why he's cow towing to the "Christian" weirdos that have seized MAGA.
Time will tell, but only one republican running for president has called out Roe for costing the GOP in midterms.
Ragnaroni
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.97, S: 1.74

P
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2023, 05:16:57 AM »

Trump is the bigger threat, the damage the man can cause to the GOP can echo for the following decade. The fundamentals make me think its a D+2 or 3 election with how Biden is looking.

It's better to lose the election, take time to reorganize, refine our policy positions, polish our rhetoric and mend burnt bridges with other wings of the GOP. Which means in 2028, we'd be better prepared and more likely to win and do well.
Neo-Malthusian Misanthrope
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2023, 05:40:18 AM »

Sometimes I wonder if the winning outcome for the GOP is for Trump to win the '24 primary with DeSantis placing a respectable second, Biden to win re-election, Trump and his cronies either being actually arrested when they try and throw a coup from outside the White House or at least tarred as actual losers this time around, and then for DeSantis to re-emerge just in time for '28 on the strength of his '24 showing and to beat Harris or Newsom or whatever uninspiring candidate emerges.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies