If Kari Lake runs for senate will she win the primary?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 08:28:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If Kari Lake runs for senate will she win the primary?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: If Kari Lake runs for senate will she win the primary?  (Read 750 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 14, 2023, 02:37:40 PM »

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2023, 02:46:17 PM »

Yes, because her insane personality and policy brand just fits very well into the party and its base. They've worked overtime to "clean house" by pushing McCainites out of the Arizona Republican Party.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2023, 03:35:12 PM »

Republicans love themselves a victim, she will easily win.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2023, 08:15:01 PM »

Only thing that gives me pause is the possibility of other crazies like Masters getting in and thus giving KTR the "moderate lane" (she likely would've won the 2022 primary if Democrats didn't intervene and try to boost Lake).
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2023, 08:38:23 PM »

Yes. I think Masters stays out of it if she gets in too. She is insanely popular with the party base.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2023, 12:37:18 AM »

Not sure tbh, she had Trump's endorsement and was only able to hold off KTR by 4.5 pts, and her loss and post election actions have not helped her. I don't think KTR would be able to beat her, but a different Republican with good fundraising could pull it off.
Pink Panther

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2023, 12:45:55 AM »

Not sure tbh, she had Trump's endorsement and was only able to hold off KTR by 4.5 pts, and her loss and post election actions have not helped her. I don't think KTR would be able to beat her, but a different Republican with good fundraising could pull it off.
I agree with this analysis. I think what people have recently forgotten about in regards to AZGOV 2022 was that Robson came fairly close at winning the primary, where she in all likelihood defeat Hobbs imo(although barely). Hell, remember folks prematurely celebrating Robson's apparent primary victory before the rest of the vote came in. If a competent Republican with strong fundraising united the more traditional GOP base in the state(which is still prevalent), it might be enough to deny Lake from the nomination. Maybe 
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2023, 02:33:39 AM »

Is Brnovich considered damaged goods after the latest revelations that he concealed proof about Arizona's electoral integrity?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2023, 02:40:30 AM »

Is water wet? She's where the pulse of the party is.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2023, 03:53:01 AM »

I agree with this analysis. I think what people have recently forgotten about in regards to AZGOV 2022 was that Robson came fairly close at winning the primary, where she in all likelihood defeat Hobbs imo(although barely). Hell, remember folks prematurely celebrating Robson's apparent primary victory before the rest of the vote came in. If a competent Republican with strong fundraising united the more traditional GOP base in the state(which is still prevalent), it might be enough to deny Lake from the nomination. Maybe 
Honestly maybe the only person who could defeat her is if Mark Lamb was the only non-Lake person in the race. I foresee it going like the presidential primary.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2023, 09:53:42 AM »

Yes.

Either she runs for Senate, is Trump's VP, or Runs for Governor again in 2026
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2023, 12:52:24 PM »

She only narrowly won the gubernatorial primary and the fact that she's now a proven loser might scare off enough voters, although as usual that depends on who her opponent(s) are.

Masters I totally can't see getting in and he'll completely flop if he does, his performance was just extremely weak all around. He's as washed up as Stacey Abrams now. Worth noting that even the sore losers in Arizona (Lake, Finchem and that Syrian-American guy who ran for Attorney General) aren't trying to claim Masters actually won.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2023, 02:42:20 PM »

I expect she wins. Especially if KTR is the establishment’s white knight again.

I honestly don’t know who could beat her…
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2023, 03:32:30 PM »

Does it matter ?

I can't see how Republicans can win Arizona, and I suspect local Democrats know this.
That's why they are fine with replacing Sinema.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies