Florida (UNF) Trump+7 vs. Biden, DeSantis+9 vs. Biden (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:58:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Florida (UNF) Trump+7 vs. Biden, DeSantis+9 vs. Biden (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Florida (UNF) Trump+7 vs. Biden, DeSantis+9 vs. Biden  (Read 1190 times)
Spectator
United States

« on: March 10, 2023, 03:00:53 AM »

Florida is something of a problem for Republicans now, nationally. All the conservative retirees keep flocking there, padding margins in an already safe state at the expense of other Midwest states.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 09:43:56 AM »

Florida is something of a problem for Republicans now, nationally. All the conservative retirees keep flocking there, padding margins in an already safe state at the expense of other Midwest states.
I agree with this. For many reasons, Charlie Crist should have won in 2022, which in fact Trump likely believes too.

There was nothing Charlie Crist could have done, or even Ron DeSantis to lose that race. DeSantis and Scott winning in 2018 solidified that state as impenetrably blue. I do not think the conservative influx of retirees would have ballooned at anywhere near the same pace had Gillum won.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2023, 03:26:28 AM »

I agree with this. For many reasons, Charlie Crist should have won in 2022, which in fact Trump likely believes too.

There was nothing Charlie Crist could have done, or even Ron DeSantis to lose that race. DeSantis and Scott winning in 2018 solidified that state as impenetrably blue. I do not think the conservative influx of retirees would have ballooned at anywhere near the same pace had Gillum won.

Could Gillum have stopped the trends with Cubans and Hispanics?

I do think a lot of it was in part bc of DeSantis winning and making Florida a conservative safe space haven, yes
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies