Shuala (Pieman)/BG-NY vs. ER/OSR (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:53:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Shuala (Pieman)/BG-NY vs. ER/OSR (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for?
Shuala (D/leaning)

Shuala (R/leaning)

ER (R/leaning)

ER(D/leaning)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Shuala (Pieman)/BG-NY vs. ER/OSR  (Read 2057 times)
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: March 16, 2023, 01:44:22 AM »

I think I would win because I'd be able to moderate enough to run a New Right-like campaign with the policies of Trump 2016 and the polished style of Youngkin. I think against a religious extremist I would be able to gather most Democrats (as I'm socially libertarian) and also Trumpists (since I'm a Trump fan).
With Trumpists and progressives on my side, I don't see how I'd lose.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2023, 04:05:41 AM »

I think I would win because I'd be able to moderate enough to run a New Right-like campaign with the policies of Trump 2016 and the polished style of Youngkin. I think against a religious extremist I would be able to gather most Democrats (as I'm socially libertarian) and also Trumpists (since I'm a Trump fan).
With Trumpists and progressives on my side, I don't see how I'd lose.
That sounds like the path for you if you did win.
What do you think ER/OSR ticket's best strategy would be against such a candidacy?
I'm not sure. Religious extremism is hard to mix with a criticism of Trump. Ig it'd be like if Mike Pence ran against Tulsi Gabbard lol.
Well maybe if he moderated his religiousness to act like just a person who has a lot of faith but isn't crazy he could get support from democrats (especially a lot of black voters). Highlighting my support for Trump and his election denialism could also help by polarising the race and getting some anti-Trump democrats to take his side, even if I agree with them on more issues.
He could attack my isolationist stance on Ukraine, but I feel like it would be a wash as by 2024 I feel most Americans will be tired of the war.
He best would ignore economics, because I do feel as if my Bernie-like economic rhetoric can appeal to a lot of people especially when much of the far-right like me so much.
He would also very likely have a Supermajority of donor support, as both major Democratic and Republican donors would flock to him to stop me from winning, so he'd have a money advantage.
Honestly his best hope is that my unique mix of siphoning the Trump base, broad economic populism and being above the culture wars will end up a failure like it was for Joe Kent for example. Or he could blast any controversial thing I say everywhere on ads funded by billionaires.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2023, 06:38:25 AM »

I'm surprised I'm doing better with democrats than republicans, since he would be more beloved on MSNBC while I could be a frequent guest on Tucker lol
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2023, 07:28:33 AM »

I honestly don't know.

I could never vote for ER. I could never vote for Piegirl.

If I had to vote for OSR or BG-NY, I feel like I would lean towards OSR. BG-NY has some policies that I like better than OSR, but he has some other policies that are IMO even worse than OSR. At least with OSR, I know what I'm getting and I strongly dislike it, but I trust him not to burn the country to the ground.
Im much closer to you on most issues compared to ER. I'm surprised you wouldn't vote for me to keep him out of office.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies