Shuala (Pieman)/BG-NY vs. ER/OSR (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:29:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Shuala (Pieman)/BG-NY vs. ER/OSR (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for?
Shuala (D/leaning)

Shuala (R/leaning)

ER (R/leaning)

ER(D/leaning)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Shuala (Pieman)/BG-NY vs. ER/OSR  (Read 2065 times)
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« on: March 15, 2023, 08:40:00 PM »

ER, not happily, but unlike Shaula, I think he would actually be capable of governing. Also I trust OSR to give him the right advice. A Shaula/BG-NY government would simply be unable to govern and whatever little they'd agree on would probably be totally disastrous like selling the entire nation to Russia and banning all immigration.
I support tariffs and sanctions on Russia for economic terrorism committed against the United States.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023, 12:18:58 PM »

I honestly don't know.

I could never vote for ER. I could never vote for Piegirl.

If I had to vote for OSR or BG-NY, I feel like I would lean towards OSR. BG-NY has some policies that I like better than OSR, but he has some other policies that are IMO even worse than OSR. At least with OSR, I know what I'm getting and I strongly dislike it, but I trust him not to burn the country to the ground.
Well, I would probably moderate my positions rhetorically in order to get elected. I actually think the platform I'd run on would be broadly popular, though it would be hard to get out of a GOP primary.

Also, I would not take backseat to anybody on a ticket -- no offense to Shaula/Piegirl -- would have to be president or a cabinet position.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2023, 05:16:01 PM »

So far as I can tell, immigration is the only issue you're closer to ER on. So it seems like a desire for open borders (something you have stated in a "most controversial opinions" thread that you support)  is the only factor at play here. "Populism" has no actual definition so I do not for one second believe that's your real objection.

Honestly I'd take a centrist loose cannon over a virulent, conversion therapy supporting, anti social safety net theocratic wacko any day of the week. No one who holds views such as his has their head on their shoulders. Bigots by definition do not have their head on their shoulders. But apparently I'm in the minority on that.

And sure, other people in the world matter. But I don't care about people in other countries as much as I care about people in my own country. There is nothing wrong with that.
I will never understand this. People are willing to allow anything to happen to vulnerable Americans to prioritize the needs of foreigners in whicheverstan.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies