GM Team Public Requests, Consideration, and Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:24:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  GM Team Public Requests, Consideration, and Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: GM Team Public Requests, Consideration, and Discussion Thread  (Read 2334 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2023, 09:23:01 PM »

Question for the GM Team.

There's legislation on the floor related to prescription drug prices. Are they similar or different to IRL at present?

FWIW people in AtlasCare who pay more than $250 per month for prescriptions receive a tax credit. AtlasCare Part D covers prescriptions. And unlike OTL we also buy drugs from Canada and enable AtlasCare to negotiate drug prices, so patients probably pay a lot less.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2023, 08:34:12 PM »

Question for the GM Team.

There's legislation on the floor related to prescription drug prices. Are they similar or different to IRL at present?
Significantly less.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2023, 08:35:39 PM »

Hello, I would appreciate insight into whether or not the other parties to the proposed trade agreement would be slighted by removing just the objecting parties from section 5.4 or if they believe we should strike that section in its entirety.

The governments of Rwanda and South Sudan object to taking part in Section 5, subsection 4 (intellectual property). They claim that giving jurisdiction to Atlasian courts and laws in this sector “undermines national sovereignty”. They are willing to go forward with the rest of the agreement should they be removed from that subsection.
Annoyed for sure, but not enough to jeopardize a full trade deal.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2023, 12:04:32 AM »

Can one of you provide a cost estimate for this bill?

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=545777.msg9039161#msg9039161
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2023, 05:18:12 PM »

No longer needed
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2023, 05:20:36 PM »

I'm prepared to proceed with legislation on the presumption that we do still have some pipelines active, but when you have some time, I would like an update on how much oil and gas is still being used in Lincoln in light of policies contained in LGC 8.9, LGC 4.7, and L.C. 6.21.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2023, 06:12:27 PM »

I have a lot of respect for the GM Team and am fully aware of the difficulties of keeping the Game Engine running in the midst of this insanity, but as a general piece of advice, I'd urge not to treat rebels in the same way as the Federal Government solely out of a possibly mistaken - if well intended - sense of fairness.

It's important to remember some previous insanity - such as TNF claiming he had nukes in 2015 - has been overruled by previous GMs, and, without stepping any boundaries, I'd urge the GM Team not to acknowledge actions from anyone who denies the Game Engine's powers, and/or to unwittingly go along with more insane stuff just for the sake of preserving a perception of two balanced sides.

It is one thing to provide simulation, another thing to indulge delusional fantasy. I learned that lesson myself with my coverage of Kansas, which, in retrospect, was too sensational and willing to take nonsense at face value. I urge you not to repeat some of my mistakes.

Also, while it is probably not my place to say it (have not been a mod for a while), I would also encourage to think carefully before taking actions such as requesting boards to be moved. It gives a certain sense of legitimacy to where there is none. If players want to take a simulation of their own elsewhere - see: South America - they are entitled to do so, but Atlasia as a game should not have to bend to those who want to scuttle the rules.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2023, 08:56:35 PM »

Question for the Team.

Are the Oakland A's (MLB) still moving to Las Vegas as IRL?

I would like to know, as I might be interested in submitting legislation to bring the A's to an as-yet-announced city in Loncoln.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2023, 03:53:31 AM »

Any chance we can get a GM comment or story on the ongoing situation in Russia? (I kind of wish I were still on the team. I actually would have enjoyed writing this one).
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2023, 03:16:13 PM »

reminding everyone that we have this. We have been admittedly slow in addressing some of these. I don't speak for the whole team but I'd prefer if you have a request that previously was unaddressed to ask about it again for our consideration, now that the chaos of the secession crisis is behind us.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2023, 05:14:45 PM »

I wish to file a lawsuit on behalf of the region of Lincoln against the municipality of Hamtramck, Michigan for violating the free speech rights of its residents by banning the display of pride flags.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2023, 01:44:27 AM »

I wish to file a lawsuit on behalf of the region of Lincoln against the municipality of Hamtramck, Michigan for violating the free speech rights of its residents by banning the display of pride flags.
This has been seen.
ReallySuper
El Salvador

Political Matrix
E: -8.06, S: -7.39

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2023, 03:54:38 PM »

did the juan de oñate statue come down in 2020 as irl (even though from what i can tell a lot of the racial justice protests didnt happen in atlasia since george floyd & breonna taylor werent murdered in this timeline)? and if so, is it going back up as irl?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2023, 04:03:44 PM »

did the juan de oñate statue come down in 2020 as irl (even though from what i can tell a lot of the racial justice protests didnt happen in atlasia since george floyd & breonna taylor werent murdered in this timeline)? and if so, is it going back up as irl?
Puerto Rico is part of the South, right? In the South we passed legislation that restricted the tearing down of statues.
ReallySuper
El Salvador

Political Matrix
E: -8.06, S: -7.39

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2023, 04:16:13 PM »

Puerto Rico is part of the South, right? In the South we passed legislation that restricted the tearing down of statues.

this statue is in new mexico (frémont), although theres also one in texas too. but the one in new mexico was removed by the county government itself in anticipation of it being targeted by protesters
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2023, 04:31:46 PM »

this statue is in new mexico (frémont), although theres also one in texas too. but the one in new mexico was removed by the county government itself in anticipation of it being targeted by protesters
Ah. Yeah, the ones in New Mexico wouldn't be under our jurisdiction.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2023, 08:33:47 PM »

Hi GM Team! I'd like to request an update on the below topics:

* Reaction from Keokuk/etc residents to the referendum results.
* Israel/Palestine, notably in response to SB 118-06 and SB 117-61.
* International reactions to SB 118-19, such as a statement from the Cuban government.
* Public approval or thoughts on the December elections.
* Update on the economy and inflation.

Thanks!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies