GM Team Public Requests, Consideration, and Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:48:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  GM Team Public Requests, Consideration, and Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: GM Team Public Requests, Consideration, and Discussion Thread  (Read 2320 times)
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 07, 2023, 09:11:50 PM »

This is the new thread for public requests to the GM Team. Any member of the public may make a request for the GM Team to consider or look into an issue, and then should it be required a private conversation between the individual and the GM Team may be made.

Any requests made outside of this thread shall be ignored pursuant to GM Team Directive #1, section 5.

This directive was made in response to worries within the team about discordification and individuals potentially attempting to influence GM Team decisions through private conversations. This should help ensure the GM Team's independence and keep our process as transparent and public as possible. By our knowledge, public requesting was the norm during Lumine's term as GM, and we wish to emulate that.

Feel free to request away, we won't be mean!
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2023, 09:32:48 PM »

Reiterating a request that was sent to WB privately earlier:

Would the GM team be able to conduct an inventory of any weapons Lincoln has leftover from its time of having a regional guard? The legislative history indicates some weapons should still be in a storehouse somewhere, particularly those that could not be sold off due to our gun control laws, but offers no specifics. The budget calculation for the guard was conducted over 2 years ago by S019 and an unnamed "former GM". I have no further information on the calculation.

I am looking into selling the remaining weapons by EO to obtain Lincoln access to certain fishing locations outside of our region, however this will prove difficult to accomplish without knowing what there is to sell in the first place. I can order an audit via EO, but unless someone can complete the audit, that would amount to a mere virtue statement.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023, 07:06:50 AM »

It is funny to see the "as an unemployed leftwing liberal pro gressive, I of course would turn down $80K, a 20% annual raise, a free house and vehicle, and more autonomy than I currently have if it means drilling icky dirty oil by icky southerners who arent in Philcord" responses to this as though human nature and game theory havent been considered.

The offer is better for the vast majority of Greenlanders than the status quo or independence. Rational actors would choose the option if you dont view them through the racist lens of the "noble savage".
This is, uh, something. I think it’s worthwhile to note that polls irl indicate Greenlanders favor outright independence, in spite of the economic hardship that it might bring. Concepts like nationhood and self-determination are not easily set aside.

Do what the GMs have to say on the matter not trump RL? If not, then anyone could quibble about any little thing done by any GM ever if it ever strayed from RL.

(Posting to the Discussion Thread in the interest of keeping the main thread clearer)
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2023, 11:04:06 AM »

Could you guys just undo the Greenland debacle? Thanks to NYE we know it was not unanimous, even though the post where you announced their referendum claimed that the mods were unanimous.

Would very much like to actually play the game again instead of having to read more and more posts about how calling out the realism of a decision is actually phantom Southern prejudice or something.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2023, 11:08:23 AM »

The amount of rage over Greenland is actually silly and maybe you people should oppose it from a policy standpoint through government channels instead of attacking the GMs for even opening the door.
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2023, 11:15:59 AM »

The amount of rage over Greenland is actually silly and maybe you people should oppose it from a policy standpoint through government channels instead of attacking the GMs for even opening the door.
More confusion than anything else honestly. Frivolous meme that has been taken way too far
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2023, 11:18:01 AM »
« Edited: March 08, 2023, 11:24:31 AM by NewYorkExpress »

This is correct. As much as I dislike the Greenland situation, the correct response is to handle it is through the Government, not by attacking the GM Team, which are doing a great job with the sh**tty hand YT is forcing them to go with.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2023, 11:27:48 AM »

Discord is being used too liberally, so I'll restate what I said in Peacecord here.

Tack put me on the spot by authorizing the State Department to "suspend any negotiations" with Denmark and Greenland. But the State Department/NSC (which, I hate to admit, is itself a Discord server) really had no involvement at all in this deal. As far as I am concerned, this deal is between the South and those countries.

I think the time for debating the merits or realism of the deal was in the Senate, which passed it.

But I'm long past my prime in this game, I'm tired, and I'm not going to tolerate harassment from Pericles or any other Labor boss. Those days are over. If you don't like it, tough titty.
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2023, 11:28:06 AM »

This is correct. As much as I dislike the Greenland situation, the correct response is to handle it is through the Government, not by attacking the GM Team, which are doing a great job with the sh**tty hand YT is forcing them to go with.
I mean fair enough. Tack has already said he will not continue to annex another country so we can just keep going with that. I hope we can return to politicking soon enough
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2023, 04:32:24 PM »

Could you guys just undo the Greenland debacle? Thanks to NYE we know it was not unanimous, even though the post where you announced their referendum claimed that the mods were unanimous.

Would very much like to actually play the game again instead of having to read more and more posts about how calling out the realism of a decision is actually phantom Southern prejudice or something.
When the stories came up during his time he never voted against them, hence it was unanimous. And he resigned from the team, meaning the latest stories were myself and forumlurker.

If you want to have it RETCONNed, you’d have to get it through the senate under the RETCON act. Forumlurker and I have already written up a story in case things go the way that we think they will in the next day or two.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2023, 04:34:30 PM »

Reiterating a request that was sent to WB privately earlier:

Would the GM team be able to conduct an inventory of any weapons Lincoln has leftover from its time of having a regional guard? The legislative history indicates some weapons should still be in a storehouse somewhere, particularly those that could not be sold off due to our gun control laws, but offers no specifics. The budget calculation for the guard was conducted over 2 years ago by S019 and an unnamed "former GM". I have no further information on the calculation.

I am looking into selling the remaining weapons by EO to obtain Lincoln access to certain fishing locations outside of our region, however this will prove difficult to accomplish without knowing what there is to sell in the first place. I can order an audit via EO, but unless someone can complete the audit, that would amount to a mere virtue statement.
Interesting idea. I’ll look into it and get back to you here. It’s certainly a welcome distraction from the Greenland mess.
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2023, 04:43:41 PM »

Okay, I agree with the need to let it play out. Would be a mistake to try and retcon now, since that would definitely just open a new can of worms and we want to get past this.

Sorry for my earlier posts where I implied you guys don't have your crap together, I hadn't had lunch yet and perhaps I was hangry.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2023, 05:00:55 PM »

Okay, I agree with the need to let it play out. Would be a mistake to try and retcon now, since that would definitely just open a new can of worms and we want to get past this.

Sorry for my earlier posts where I implied you guys don't have your crap together, I hadn't had lunch yet and perhaps I was hangry.
It’s ok, we all get there sometimes Smiley
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2023, 05:11:49 PM »

Glad this is at least in public now. Progress is good.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2023, 05:26:02 PM »

When the stories came up during his time he never voted against them, hence it was unanimous. And he resigned from the team, meaning the latest stories were myself and forumlurker.

If you want to have it RETCONNed, you’d have to get it through the senate under the RETCON act. Forumlurker and I have already written up a story in case things go the way that we think they will in the next day or two.

I didn't vote against them because, surprise YT's bullying worked!

I resigned from the GM Team largely because the pressure from him had brought me to my breaking point. Greenland wasn't the only reason, but it was the final straw.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2023, 11:58:25 PM »

Are we good to go forward with voting on the Africa treaty?

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=540944.0
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2023, 07:18:50 PM »

Hello, I would appreciate the team's insight into prescription drug prices in Atlasia and on whether or not the idea below would be feasible.

I don't know how I feel about an advisory, unelected body having in effect, legislative powers. Perhaps we could set up a mechanism for legislation to be placed in the queue about prescription drug price controls as the GMs see fit, i.e., they could simulate the board's findings occasionally but I also don't want to put a greater burden on them.

We should also consider what the GMs have to say about current drug prices.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2023, 10:23:12 AM »

I'd like to second this inquiry to the GM team. Please let us know so we may proceed with this.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2023, 11:53:14 AM »

Hello, I would appreciate insight into whether or not the other parties to the proposed trade agreement would be slighted by removing just the objecting parties from section 5.4 or if they believe we should strike that section in its entirety.

The governments of Rwanda and South Sudan object to taking part in Section 5, subsection 4 (intellectual property). They claim that giving jurisdiction to Atlasian courts and laws in this sector “undermines national sovereignty”. They are willing to go forward with the rest of the agreement should they be removed from that subsection.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2023, 11:55:32 AM »

Also, does China currently have any free trade agreements in Africa ITTL?

Thanks.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2023, 09:31:29 PM »

PiT has asked that I request about the rioter trial. Thanks.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2023, 05:01:24 PM »

Thanks.
Just Mauritius as in otl.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2023, 05:02:33 PM »

Thanks.
Just Mauritius as in otl.
confirming this.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2023, 05:26:45 PM »

PiT has asked that I request about the rioter trial. Thanks.
Here is the profile of one of the rioters and the circumstances around his arrest. If more elaboration is needed I will gladly provide.

Profile: Daniel Peers
Hometown: Smyrna, GA
Location of Arrest: Atlanta, GA

Background: Mr. Peers was participating in the “March Against Secession” in downtown Atlanta when tensions escalated into a full-out riot. No evidence exists showing that Mr. Peers instigated the riot. The main evidence presented against Mr. Peers in the rioting is an image of someone with a bandana on, roughly matching Mr. Peers’ appearance, lighting and preparing to throw a molotov cocktail at an empty police cruiser. He is pictured wearing a blue hoodie, a black t-shirt with white lettering, and jeans. He was arrested shortly afterwards, wearing the same shirt and jeans though the hoodie and bandana were unable to be found. Mr. Peers has refused to make statements on the image, continuously citing his Article I, Section 9 and Miranda rights.

Mr. Peers’ social media pages have been found, with posts including praise for the Cuban government and calling S.22.1-24 (F.U. RIOTERS ACT) unconstitutional. However, nothing indicates a violent past, nor premeditation for violent acts.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2023, 10:51:21 AM »

Question for the GM Team.

There's legislation on the floor related to prescription drug prices. Are they similar or different to IRL at present?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies