(R-PA) Frm. Gov. Tom Ridge to serve as McCain Co-Chair
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:23:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  (R-PA) Frm. Gov. Tom Ridge to serve as McCain Co-Chair
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: (R-PA) Frm. Gov. Tom Ridge to serve as McCain Co-Chair  (Read 1814 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 28, 2007, 02:35:31 PM »

http://johnmccain.com/Informing/News/PressReleases/45d5df33-b23a-4205-bdbb-a16086b21d2f.htm

Governor Tom Ridge To Support John McCain
First Secretary Of Homeland Security To Serve As National Co-Chair

ARLINGTON, VA - U.S. Senator John McCain's presidential exploratory committee today announced that former Secretary of Homeland Security and Pennsylvania Governor Tom Ridge will support the Arizona Senator should he decide to seek the presidency. In addition, Ridge will serve as a national co-chair to Senator McCain's presidential exploratory committee.

In October 2001, Thomas J. Ridge was appointed Assistant to the President for Homeland Security. On January 24, 2003, he was sworn in as the nation's first Secretary of the newly-created Department of Homeland Security, where he served until 2005.

Before the events of September 11th, Ridge was twice elected Governor of Pennsylvania, serving from 1995 to 2001. He was the first enlisted Vietnam combat veteran elected to the U.S. House of Representatives and was overwhelmingly re-elected five times. While a staff sergeant in the U.S. Army, Ridge earned the Bronze Star for Valor, the Combat Infantry Badge, and the Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry.

Governor Ridge spoke to the importance of Senator McCain's leadership. "What sets John apart is his ability to form coalitions around a common, principled cause," said Ridge. "Our country is at a crossroads and John McCain is the leader who fundamentally knows what it takes to move us forward and keep us safe."

Senator John McCain emphasized the significance of having Governor Ridge advising his campaign. "The key to America's future is maintaining the peace and prosperity we enjoy in our communities," said Senator McCain. "Having Tom Ridge, and his expertise as an innovative governor and national leader, join our push toward a brighter future for our country is invaluable, and I'm grateful for his support."

WHO-HOO!!

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 02:39:35 PM »

Hmm, the question is now which of these two stated allies would be a stronger running mate, should he win the nomination: Ridge or Pawlenty?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 02:40:12 PM »

Hmm, the question is now which of these two stated allies would be a stronger running mate, should he win the nomination: Ridge or Pawlenty?

Hmm...Ridge is more known. I like them both.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 03:41:16 PM »

i never particularly cared for tom ridge.  of course, i dont care for john mccain either.

good couple!
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 06:18:47 PM »

Tom Ridge is a good and decent man.  Another war hero, like McCain.

I guess this ends speculation that Ridge, himself, would be a late entrant into the Presidential sweepstakes. 

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 06:33:12 PM »

National co-chair? Interesting. I knew he was running the PA campaign. Ridge won't be VP though and I'd prefer Pawlenty anyway. Ridge doesn't really bring much to the ticket.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 07:22:27 PM »

Ridge is a horrible horrible person for spending $300,000 of taxpayer money on massive amounts of computing power for an extreme gerrymander.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 07:30:08 PM »

Ridge is a horrible horrible person for spending $300,000 of taxpayer money on massive amounts of computing power for an extreme gerrymander.

Thats the best you have Jfern?

I must admit...with all the hype you put into this post with the words, horrible (x2), massive, and extreme...

I'm disappointed.

I think you need a vacation.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 07:31:19 PM »

I must admit...with all the hype you put into this post with the words, horrible (x2), massive, and extreme...

I'm disappointed.

So you don't mind that your taxpayer dollars went to an extreme gerrymander?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 07:34:45 PM »

I'm disappointed.

Well of course I mind....but when you start blowing things out of proportion like that...its hard to read the rest of your post while keeping a straight face or getting angry at the real meat of what you said.

I'm too busy laughing.

Tone it down a bit...you made Tom Ridge sound like a child molester with all of your adjectives.

And to finally get to your point...sure it was an extreme gerrymander...but the blame isn't all his...its the Republican general assembly's too. And eventually we'll have this debate again when the dems play turnabout...but I suspect you'll be toned down adjective wise.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 07:36:54 PM »

I'm disappointed.

Well of course I mind....but when you start blowing things out of proportion like that...its hard to read the rest of your post while keeping a straight face or getting angry at the real meat of what you said.

I'm too busy laughing.

Tone it down a bit...you made Tom Ridge sound like a child molester with all of your adjectives.

And to finally get to your point...sure it was an extreme gerrymander...but the blame isn't all his...its the Republican general assembly's too. And eventually we'll have this debate again when the dems play turnabout...but I suspect you'll be toned down adjective wise.

How are the Democrats going to play turnabout? They failed to take the legislature, despite that Pennsylvania and 2006 didn't exactly go poorly for them. No doubt that they would have without the extreme gerrymander.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 07:37:59 PM »

They took the house...by 2008 they may very well take the senate...i think they need what...a 5 seat swing?

It could very well happen.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2007, 07:42:34 PM »

I too am outraged by this. It's quite easy to produce an extreme gerrymander without spending $300,000 on massive amounts of computing power.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2007, 07:50:18 PM »

I too am outraged by this. It's quite easy to produce an extreme gerrymander without spending $300,000 on massive amounts of computing power.

Al,

Somedays your sarcastic dry wit makes me want to stab you with a spoon.

Regards,
Bullmoose88
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2007, 09:50:33 PM »

McCain/Ridge....what a winning ticket Roll Eyes
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007, 11:14:21 PM »

I think it would dramatically improve McCain's chances of picking up Pennsylvania, which is one of several pivotal states. 
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2007, 11:18:48 PM »

I like Ridge, although not for chairing McCain's campaign.  I would have liked to seen him take out Santorum's ass in the primary.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2007, 09:28:24 AM »

I think it would dramatically improve McCain's chances of picking up Pennsylvania, which is one of several pivotal states. 

Ridge really wouldn't do much.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies