NYC Mayor Adams wants masks removed for public safety
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 06:25:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NYC Mayor Adams wants masks removed for public safety
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYC Mayor Adams wants masks removed for public safety  (Read 832 times)
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 07, 2023, 02:56:43 PM »
« edited: March 07, 2023, 03:18:40 PM by jimmie »

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/07/1161623700/nyc-stores-masking-eric-adams-robberies-shoplifting-bodegas

yea.. that is one reason I have been so anti mask.

All the people wearing masks used their MASK to conceal their IDENTITY. This has been no doubt a contributor to the increase in CRIME.

Worries about the safety of New York City's deli clerks and bodega workers have Mayor Eric Adams making an unusual request: Members of the public should lower their face masks to reassure store workers they're not criminals, Adams and other city leaders said on Monday.

"We are putting out a clear call to all of our shops, do not allow people to enter the store without taking off their face mask," Adams said in an interview with radio station 1010 WINS.

MASKS ARE EVIL! BURN THEM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2023, 03:01:01 PM »

I don't think masks should be banned, their use be voluntarily though. Especially over the winter months, wearing a mask in certain places like crowded subway trains, pharmacies, senior homes or doctor's offices can be useful to protect yourself or others from various infectious diseases (not just Covid).
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2023, 03:02:51 PM »

I don't think masks should be banned, their use be voluntarily though. Especially over the winter months, wearing a mask in certain places like crowded subway trains, pharmacies, senior homes or doctor's offices can be useful to protect yourself or others from various infectious diseases (not just Covid).

I was right though that people should Breath in the omicron. notice how mild this year covid wave was! It was because of NATURAL immunity.

Now it is time for the criminals to show their faces again
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2023, 03:14:10 PM »

This is a jimmy threaff
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2023, 04:03:28 PM »
« Edited: March 07, 2023, 04:13:28 PM by Torie »

Here's me right before I robbed a bank to help finance payment of the exorbitant restaurant prices out there.

Mask, mask, mask, mask, mask, mask, mask, mask and more mask. Mask!!!!!

Boo!
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2023, 04:15:13 PM »

All the people wearing masks used their MASK to conceal their IDENTITY. This has been no doubt a contributor to the increase in CRIME.

You have a problem. Like I'm not saying this as a personal attack, I am genuinely concerned for your psychological well-being. This is an unhealthy obsession, and I think that you should seek professional help to get to the root of the problem.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2023, 04:21:13 PM »

Prior to covid, there were several states where wearing face coverings was illegal (these laws were seldom enforced, though.)
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2023, 04:25:24 PM »

You have a problem. Like I'm not saying this as a personal attack, I am genuinely concerned for your psychological well-being. This is an unhealthy obsession, and I think that you should seek professional help to get to the root of the problem.

Nope, I am 100% sane with ZERO mental issues.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2023, 04:47:49 PM »

Yes it is true he has an unhealthy obsession with this, but I also suggest looking in the mirror, sir.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2023, 07:05:32 PM »

The New York Democratic Party really needs some work.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2023, 08:49:40 PM »

Prior to covid, there were several states where wearing face coverings was illegal (these laws were seldom enforced, though.)
Interesting.
What states were these? Interested to see if there was some pattern with them and all.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2023, 10:40:33 PM »

And there’s a big difference between surgical masks and masks that hide your identity.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2023, 11:04:13 PM »

I am 100% sane with ZERO mental issues.

"Very stable genius" energy.
kyc0705

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2023, 09:34:44 AM »
« Edited: March 08, 2023, 09:38:10 AM by kyc0705 »

I am 100% sane with ZERO mental issues.

"Very stable genius" energy.

"my I Am 100% Sane With ZERO Mental Issues T-shirt has a lot of people asking questions…" etc.
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2023, 09:41:01 AM »

Nope, I am 100% sane with ZERO mental issues.

You post here
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2023, 09:44:50 AM »

Yup, that's quite the norm in Asian countries for good reasons. And to gain immunity, vaccinations are far less risky than actually going through an infection.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2023, 12:49:15 PM »

Yup, that's quite the norm in Asian countries for good reasons. And to gain immunity, vaccinations are far less risky than actually going through an infection.

Pre-covid, it was the norm primarily because of air pollution.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2023, 01:03:49 PM »

Interesting.
What states were these? Interested to see if there was some pattern with them and all.
I don't know about all of them but I think Virginia might be one. At least Youngkin talked about enforcing it to end mandates or something like that.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2023, 03:28:30 PM »

Interesting.
I don't know about all of them but I think Virginia might be one. At least Youngkin talked about enforcing it to end mandates or something like that.

Yes masking is technically illegal in Virginia. I brought that up to my employer at the time so I could be excused from enforcing mask policies on both guests and employees.

We were told not to enforce masking since July 2020. It wasn't worth the fight
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies