New Mexico- Why is nobody Demanding MLG's resignation?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:28:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  New Mexico- Why is nobody Demanding MLG's resignation?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Mexico- Why is nobody Demanding MLG's resignation?  (Read 923 times)
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 07, 2023, 11:30:47 AM »

She's literally accused of something that most male politicians would have already been shamed(rightfully so) into resigning for.
It's egregiously hypocritical and spits in the face of male sexual abuse victims
And I have my doubts this is the only victim BTW. Men are even less likely to come forward about things like this
Duke of York

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2023, 12:58:38 PM »

She's literally accused of something that most male politicians would have already been shamed(rightfully so) into resigning for.
It's egregiously hypocritical and spits in the face of male sexual abuse victims
And I have my doubts this is the only victim BTW. Men are even less likely to come forward about things like this

Did Keith Ellison resign after being accused?
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2023, 04:15:59 PM »

What is she accused of doing, exactly?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2023, 06:48:38 PM »

Katie Hill was eviscerated for her allegations and was forced to resign, so it's possible that the allegations are not substantiated.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2023, 10:23:42 PM »

She sexually assaulted a staffer.  It’s pretty disgraceful that she wasn’t impeached.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2023, 08:54:11 AM »

Katie Hill was eviscerated for her allegations and was forced to resign, so it's possible that the allegations are not substantiated.

Yeah but her campaign reached a settlement with the accuser, which doesn't exactly bode well for her innocence. She also broke her own Covid restrictions at the height of the pandemic. I remember that being a knock against her when she was considered a possible Biden VP pick.

She should probably resign.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2023, 09:28:54 AM »

Most politicians cover the sex act up that have to resign CLINTON, Cuomo, Craig, Vitter and Ensign and Gingrich I am not sure about the case but this was not a lying case, so that's why Gov doesn't have to resign

Just like Trump is doing he is covering up for his insurrection as well as he did for Covid and Rs are using DeSantis to avoid fault of the insurrection that has poisoned the well for both DeSantis and TRUMP
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2023, 09:40:09 AM »

She sexually assaulted a staffer.  It’s pretty disgraceful that she wasn’t impeached.

Wasn't that like 2-3 years ago? Or did she do so again?
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2023, 10:35:01 AM »

Yeah but her campaign reached a settlement with the accuser, which doesn't exactly bode well for her innocence. She also broke her own Covid restrictions at the height of the pandemic. I remember that being a knock against her when she was considered a possible Biden VP pick.

MLG also reached a $150K settlement with her accuser.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2023, 01:05:03 PM »

Is reaching a settlement an admission of guilt? It's possible that she just figured it wouldn't be worth the negative press of going to trial, even if she didn't do it.

That said, I do believe the accusations - I'm just providing a possible explanation for why she hasn't been pushed to resign.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2023, 02:53:16 PM »

In 2019, a former campaign staffer and spokesperson, James Hallinan, accused Lujan Grisham of sexual battery. According to Hallinan, the incident took place during a staff meeting in 2018. By his account, Lujan Grisham poured a bottle of water on his crotch and then slapped and grabbed his crotch through his pants while laughing. He said the incident happened "in front of everybody".[60]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelle_Lujan_Grisham#Sexual_battery_settlement
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2023, 03:22:30 PM »

Unlike the Keith Ellison allegations, the Michelle Grisham allegations are substantiated.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2023, 03:28:56 PM »

Unlike the Keith Ellison allegations, the Michelle Grisham allegations are substantiated.
Keith Ellison was accused of domestic violence from what I understand, not sexual assault
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2023, 06:18:15 PM »

Keith Ellison was accused of domestic violence from what I understand, not sexual assault

IIRC, that wasn't even a one-sided affair. Very deep into he-said, she-said ala Depp/Heard.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2023, 07:54:34 PM »

In 2019, a former campaign staffer and spokesperson, James Hallinan, accused Lujan Grisham of sexual battery. According to Hallinan, the incident took place during a staff meeting in 2018. By his account, Lujan Grisham poured a bottle of water on his crotch and then slapped and grabbed his crotch through his pants while laughing. He said the incident happened "in front of everybody".[60]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelle_Lujan_Grisham#Sexual_battery_settlement

That sounds to me more like bullying and humiliation than sexual assault.
Pretty awful though nonetheless.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies