Public Office of the tack50 Administration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:54:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Office of the tack50 Administration (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Office of the tack50 Administration  (Read 1595 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« on: March 03, 2023, 12:31:25 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_inauguration_of_Barack_Obama#/media/File:Crowd_at_National_Mall_for_Obama_inauguration_1-20-09_hires_090120-F-6184M-007a.jpg

My fellow Atlasians,

Today, we stand at a momentous and significant juncture in our nation’s history. We have come to this place once more to celebrate the peaceful and orderly transition of power that is a hallmark of our democracy. It is a testament to our strength as a nation and to our enduring commitment to the values that have long defined us. We gather here today to reaffirm our faith in the promise of our democracy, and to celebrate the beginning of a new era of unity and hope.

First, I want to honor my predecessor, Mr. Cao. A honorable, decent, and principled man, I am grateful for all he has done to mend the soul of our Republic. But, the work to restore this land to glory is nowhere near completed. Historically, our nation has been divided by deep and profound partisan warfare. We have allowed our differences to define us, rather than recognizing the common bonds that unite us. As we have learned since the last time a President was inaugurated on a Friday in March, that division is capable of leading us to our darkest and most perilous moments. But now, today, we come together in a spirit of unity. We assemble here today in patriotic spirit, in awe of the endurance of this Republic and of this Union to recognize the inherent dignity of all people and to honor the fundamental truth that all Atlasians are created equal.

For those who have been marginalized and overlooked, we affirm our commitment to ensuring that your voices are heard, and that your dreams and aspirations are realized. To this end, I want to make a pledge to you. I am committed to using the power of this office to foster a more just, equitable, and compassionate society. We shall recommit ourselves to the cause of economic justice. Capitalism simply is not working; therefore we must ensure that our economic system is one of inclusion, not exclusion. We must strive to create a system that works for everyone, not just an elite, well connected, globally minded, privileged few. I will lead a government that will work to reduce inequality, poverty, and the concentration of wealth and power. I will work to strengthen and expand our healthcare system, turn us away from neoliberal privatization and outsourcing schemes, and give workers real power and control, better wages, and peace of mind that tomorrow will be better. The old ways of profit over people, capital over communities, and free markets over families end today.

We must also recognize that our nation is only as strong as we present ourselves abroad. This administration will pursue a restrained foreign policy, with our guiding light being a commitment to peace and diplomacy. Atlasia is no empire, it never has been and never will be. And we shall act accordingly. I will never order the usage of military force unless this very nation is directly attacked. I will scale down our military presence internationally to the greatest degree possible. This administration seeks substantial cuts to our military spending, and I look forward to rolling out a budget that implements just that. This will be an unequivocally anti-imperialist government, and our sons and daughters will never be asked to take part in a foreign conflict as long as I sit in this office. War profiteering must be relegated to the ash heap of history.

My friends, let us commit ourselves today to a new beginning, and a new future. It is imperative that we come together in a spirit of unity and comradeship. Let us pledge to work together to bridge the divides that have separated us and to recognize the common eternal solidarity that binds us together. Let us strive to ensure that our nation is a beacon of justice, equality, and opportunity for all.

Thank you. God bless you, and God bless the Republic of Atlasia.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 12:33:29 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2023, 12:37:47 PM by President tack50 »

On more informal communications, I have issued the first 3 executive orders of this presidency.

#1: Given that it seems Lakigigar will not swear in, I have appointed Razze to the office of VicePresident, as per internal discussions. Another Peace candidate and someone with whom I've worked shoulder to shoulder for a long time now

#2: Removing Atlasian military presence from nations where a retreat has been long overdue

#3: Restoring the federally recognized flag of the Southern Region, a true reminder of the long fight against racism and intolerance in this country
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2023, 02:12:00 PM »

Ftr I plan on nomimating Cao, but I prefer doing it along the rest of the cabinet. Though if a speedy confirmation is required I will not hesitate to nominate him early, I can do it this weekend if I must
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2023, 05:28:10 AM »

Well things move fast so I've taken a few more actions this morning. First of all, I've decided to try to veto a dangerous bill from the previous Congress. I do not know if I actually can do that, but better safe than sorry.

Secondly, I've signed an executive order to nominate Cao to the position of GM. I've decided that a speedy confirmation for such an important job is in the best interest of this country.

Speaking of which, I've signed an executive order to empower the Secretary of state to renegotiate trade deals. I am not against free trade at all but these are old treaties that, at the very least, are due for a big revision that will better protect the workers of this country.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2023, 02:57:05 AM »

Executive Order 58-001

To nominate a candidate for the Vice Presidency

I hereby nominate Razze, of the state of Florida, to be Vice President

x Tack50, President of the Republic of Atlasia

Executive Order 58-002

To make provisions for the application of foreign policy

1. As Commander in-chief of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Atlasia, I order the termination of any and all military presence and/or operations in the following nations:

-Somalia
-Niger
-Iraq
-Syria
-Yemen

2. Pursuant to SB 113-64, I direct the Secretary of State and the State Department as a whole to prioritize Section 2D in the determination of the necessity of foreign military bases.

Executive Order 58-003

Guidlines referring to the display of certain flags

The federal government shall on any and all properties located within the Southern Region fly the following flag in lieu of any flag adopted, recognized or endorsed by the Southern Region as its representative emblem, and shall recognize the following flag as the legitimate flag of the Southern Region in all documents, diplomatic functions, repositories and/or settings under federal control.

Federally-Recognized Flag of the Southern Region by the Federal Government

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2023, 02:58:04 AM »

Anyways if I can get the intruders off my lawn... Tongue

Executive Order 58-004

To nominate a candidate for Game Moderator

I hereby nominate Joseph Cao, of the state of Illinois, to the vacancy of  Game Moderator

Executive Order 58-005

Guidlines referring to trade policy

I hereby direct and empower the Secretary of State to initiate discussions for the renegotiation of NAFTA and CAFTA

Executive Order 58-006

Guidelines on employment pre-requisites

Effective immediately, no federal employee or contractor shall be required to have a four-year college degree, unless it's otherwise required or deemed necessary for proving the capabilities to perform the demanded job or contract.

xTack50, President of the Republic of Atlasia

Executive Order 58-007

Enforcement of Anti-Trust Laws

To address the consolidation of industry in many markets across the economy, it is ordered by the Office of the President that the Department of Justice prioritize the challenging of transactions whose consummation may be in violation of the Sherman Antitrust Act (26 Stat. 209, 15 U.S.C. 1 et seq.) (Sherman Act), the Clayton Antitrust Act (Public Law 63-212, 38 Stat. 730, 15 U.S.C. 12 et seq.) (Clayton Act), or other laws.

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2023, 02:29:25 PM »

Executive Order 58-008

Concerning proposed territory acquisition/i]

1. Persuant to SB 113-50 Greenland Act, Section 1, it is so ordered that the Republic of Atlasia shall no longer participate in the proposed international agreement with Denmark regarding the acquisition of Greenland.

2. The State Department is ordered to suspend any negotiations with the governments of Denmark and Greenland.

Here is an executive order to at least try to stop the dumb, dangerous and wasteful purchase of parts of a foreign country. What I shall call YT's folly Tongue
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2023, 02:11:55 AM »

No? If the Supreme Court rules against Tack, I have complete confidence he'll let the deal go ahead. But for now, he's well within his rights to take action here as he sees fit.

I don't really understand this - why are some folks so keen to blow billions of dollars on an icebox? It seems like a big vanity play imo.

Ftr this is 100% correct. If I lose the case I will repeal the EO and leave Greenland alone
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2023, 02:49:20 AM »

Anyways, further clarification on Greenland:

To be clear, I have chosen to issue this due to my reservations concerning the acquisition under the current terms presented to Denmark and Greenland. This decision was not made lightly, and I understand frustration from my friends in the South. Let me assure you, this order was not issued due to any animosity toward the Southern region, nor any elected officials. To be clear, these negotiations are not yet concluded and it is within the powers of the president (as described in the law itself) to end these negotiations. This administration is particularly concerned with the environmental impact of certain proposals left unaddressed by the present talks. I am not opposed to renegotiating the acquisition, however this present proposal does not have my stamp of approval. It’s my expectation that this goes before the Supreme Court, if we are ruled against, I will without hesitation revoke the Executive Order and allow things to proceed as they were prior. I will always abide by the rule of law.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies