SB 113-72: Atlasia Wine Official Clarification Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:24:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 113-72: Atlasia Wine Official Clarification Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 113-72: Atlasia Wine Official Clarification Act (Passed)  (Read 2139 times)
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« on: March 03, 2023, 09:03:40 AM »
« edited: May 03, 2023, 07:52:49 AM by Mr. Reactionary »

Atlasia Wine Official Classification Act

Section I. Title.

This bill shall be referred to as the “Atlasia Wine Official Classification Act of 2023”.

Section II. Definitions

A. An “Atlasian wine” shall be any wine made with at least 85% grapes grown in Atlasia.

Section III. Establishment

A. Reds

I. A competition shall be held every 9 years with any winery being allowed to submit any of their Atlasian wine which shall fit the selected category produced within the previous eight years for judging. There is no limit to how many wines a winery may submit, but they must pay $3,000 for their first submission and $1,000 for any additional wine they submit. Each submission must include at least two cases of wines - the equivalent of twenty-four 750 ml bottles or 15 litres total.

II. The available wine categories for the competition are: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Zinfandel and Primitivo, Syrah and Shiraz, Barbera and Sangiovese, and Red Blends.

III. Each varietal of wine shall be judged by a grand panel of 10 wine experts, 5 celebrities, 5 politicians, and 5 ordinary citizens, selected at random from a pool of applicants. Each judge shall rank each wine on a scale of 0-1000.

IV. The five wines within each category with the highest sum scores shall be permitted to use the “Superior Growth” label on all of that category of wines produced within the next nine years’ vintages. The next ten highest scoring wines within each category shall be permitted to use the “First Growth” label on all of that category of wines produced within the next nine years’ vintages, and with “Second Growth” on the next twenty highest-scoring wines, and so on with “Third” and “Fourth Growths”, each doubling in size of the category. If there are fewer than 200 submissions in any category, then the highest number of categories that can be entirely filled by the submissions shall be the final one.  

B. Whites and Roses

I. A competition shall be held every 6 years with any winery being allowed to submit any of their Atlasian wine which shall fit the selected category produced within the previous five years for judging. There is no limit to how many wines a winery may submit, but they must pay $2,500 for their first submission and $1,000 for any additional wine they submit. Each submission must include at least two cases of wines - the equivalent of twenty-four 750 ml bottles or 15 litres total.

II. The available wine categories for the competition are: Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris and Pinot Blanc, Chardonnay, Viognier, Muscat and Moscato, Rosés, and White Blends.

III. Each varietal of wine shall be judged by a grand panel of 10 wine experts, 5 celebrities, 5 politicians, and 5 ordinary citizens, selected at random from a pool of applicants. Each judge shall rank each wine on a scale of 0-1000.

IV. The five wines within each category with the highest sum scores shall be permitted to use the “Superior Growth” label on all of that category of wines produced within the next six years’ vintages. The next ten highest scoring wines within each category shall be permitted to use the “First Growth” label on all of that category of wines produced within the next six years’ vintages, and with “Second Growth” on the next twenty highest-scoring wines, and so on with “Third” and “Fourth Growths”, each doubling in size of the category. If there are fewer than 200 submissions in any category, then the highest number of categories that can be entirely filled by the submissions shall be the final one.  

C. Champagnes and Sparkling Wines

I. A competition shall be held every 6 years with any winery being allowed to submit any of their Atlasian wine which shall fit the selected category produced within the previous five years for judging. There is no limit to how many wines a winery may submit, but they must pay $5,000 for their first submission and $1,500 for any additional wine they submit. Each submission must include at least two cases of wines - the equivalent of twenty-four 750 ml bottles or 15 litres total.

II. The available wine categories for the competition are: Blanc de blancs, Blanc de noirs, Cuveés, Prosecco, and Sweet Sparkling Wines.  

IV. The five wines within each category with the highest sum scores shall be permitted to use the “Superior Growth” label on all of that category of wines produced within the next six years’ vintages. The next ten highest scoring wines within each category shall be permitted to use the “First Growth” label on all of that category of wines produced within the next six years’ vintages, and so on with “Second Growth” on the next twenty highest-scoring wines.

Section IV. Funding and Logistics

A. Competitions shall be hosted by cities across Atlasia, with applications by cities to be submitted to and selected by the Department of Internal Affairs. The cities shall be expected to provide a space for hosting and housing, with funds received from competition applicants to be directed to the host city’s event budget.

B. Usage of the scoring “Growth” terms shall be enforced by the Department of Justice, with a $100,000 fine for an illegal use of the label as well as an additional $100 per bottle sold without having met the competitive qualification for use of the label.

Section V. Implementation

The first competition shall be held jointly for all three types of wines in 2024.

Sponsor: the President
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 09:04:30 AM »

I have been authorized to introduce this. We repealed a similar law last December and the President wanted a revised version.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2023, 09:10:41 PM »

Why was it repealed in the first place, and what improvements if any have been made?

I took out references to "Department of Agriculture,".

I have more amendments planned when floor activity starts and Im not on goober pills but nothing crazy.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2023, 11:55:54 PM »

24 hours for objections to the amendment
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2023, 08:12:50 PM »

I dont know much about wine. Is there an obvious reason for why the contest is every 6 year for whites but 9 years for red? Im working through a couple amendment ideas.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2023, 07:18:21 AM »

LT Amendment is adopted.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2023, 11:51:32 AM »

I dont know much about wine. Is there an obvious reason for why the contest is every 6 year for whites but 9 years for red? Im working through a couple amendment ideas.

Do you have these amendment proposals prepared? I would like to move ahead with this legislation.

My goals are to:

- increase frequency of the contests (6 and 9 years seem too long between)

- ensure the contests are cost neutral, probably through allowing the use of some phrase on labels in exchange for sponsorship $

- ensure fairness of regional venue selection and judges probably rotating regions and equal representation in judges

- possibly change the contest name to something not from  a will ferrell movie.

Those were my reasons for repealing it last year. I will put the amendment language together. Without reasoning i think i want to align the duration of the contests between reds and whites. Not sure if every 2, 4, or 5 years. Any preference?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2023, 12:28:14 PM »

Heres the frequency amendment. 24 hours to object.

Atlasia Wine Official Classification Act

Section I. Title.

This bill shall be referred to as the “Atlasia Wine Official Classification Act of 2023”.

Section II. Definitions

A. An “Atlasian wine” shall be any wine made with at least 100% grapes grown in Atlasia.

Section III. Establishment

A. Reds

I. A competition shall be held every 9 2 years with any winery being allowed to submit any of their Atlasian wine which shall fit the selected category produced within the previous eight years for judging. There is no limit to how many wines a winery may submit, but they must pay $3,000 for their first submission and $1,000 for any additional wine they submit. Each submission must include at least two cases of wines - the equivalent of twenty-four 750 ml bottles or 15 litres total.

II. The available wine categories for the competition are: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Zinfandel and Primitivo, Syrah and Shiraz, Barbera and Sangiovese, and Red Blends.

IV. The five wines within each category with the highest sum scores shall be permitted to use the “Superior Growth” label on all of that category of wines produced within the next nine years’ vintages. The next ten highest scoring wines within each category shall be permitted to use the “First Growth” label on all of that category of wines produced within the next nine years’ vintages, and with “Second Growth” on the next twenty highest-scoring wines, and so on with “Third” and “Fourth Growths”, each doubling in size of the category. If there are fewer than 200 submissions in any category, then the highest number of categories that can be entirely filled by the submissions shall be the final one.  

B. Whites and Roses

I. A competition shall be held every 6 2 years with any winery being allowed to submit any of their Atlasian wine which shall fit the selected category produced within the previous five years for judging. There is no limit to how many wines a winery may submit, but they must pay $2,500 for their first submission and $1,000 for any additional wine they submit. Each submission must include at least two cases of wines - the equivalent of twenty-four 750 ml bottles or 15 litres total.

II. The available wine categories for the competition are: Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris and Pinot Blanc, Chardonnay, Viognier, Muscat and Moscato, Rosés, and White Blends.

IV. The five wines within each category with the highest sum scores shall be permitted to use the “Superior Growth” label on all of that category of wines produced within the next six years’ vintages. The next ten highest scoring wines within each category shall be permitted to use the “First Growth” label on all of that category of wines produced within the next six years’ vintages, and with “Second Growth” on the next twenty highest-scoring wines, and so on with “Third” and “Fourth Growths”, each doubling in size of the category. If there are fewer than 200 submissions in any category, then the highest number of categories that can be entirely filled by the submissions shall be the final one.  

C. Champagnes and Sparkling Wines

I. A competition shall be held every 6 2 years with any winery being allowed to submit any of their Atlasian wine which shall fit the selected category produced within the previous five years for judging. There is no limit to how many wines a winery may submit, but they must pay $5,000 for their first submission and $1,500 for any additional wine they submit. Each submission must include at least two cases of wines - the equivalent of twenty-four 750 ml bottles or 15 litres total.

II. The available wine categories for the competition are: Blanc de blancs, Blanc de noirs, Cuveés, Prosecco, and Sweet Sparkling Wines.  

IV. The five wines within each category with the highest sum scores shall be permitted to use the “Superior Growth” label on all of that category of wines produced within the next six years’ vintages. The next ten highest scoring wines within each category shall be permitted to use the “First Growth” label on all of that category of wines produced within the next six years’ vintages, and so on with “Second Growth” on the next twenty highest-scoring wines.

Section IV. Funding and Logistics

A. Competitions shall be hosted by cities across Atlasia, with applications by cities to be submitted to and selected by the Department of Internal Affairs. The cities shall be expected to provide a space for hosting and housing, with funds received from competition applicants to be directed to the host city’s event budget.

B. Usage of the scoring “Growth” terms shall be enforced by the Department of Justice, with a $100,000 fine for an illegal use of the label as well as an additional $100 per bottle sold without having met the competitive qualification for use of the label.

Section V. Implementation

The first competition shall be held jointly for all three types of wines in 2024.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2023, 12:05:13 PM »

Ok.

My amendment is adopted.

We have an amendment on the floor. 24 hours to object.

Then if there arent any more issues we can hopefully move this along soon.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2023, 12:56:25 PM »

Ok.

My amendment is adopted.

We have an amendment on the floor. 24 hours to object.

Then if there arent any more issues we can hopefully move this along soon.

As WM's amendment was introduced after the final vote motion (and objection), wouldn't the vote to end debate take priority?

Wouldnt you rather just wait the 24 hours instead? Otherwise thats 72 hrs on cloture, which would fail since a majority will want the amendment heard, then reallow 24 hrs for WMs Amendment, then 24 hrs for the new motion, then 96 hrs to vote. Just allowing the amendment saves you 96 hrs.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2023, 08:01:10 AM »

Ok 24 hrs to object then I think everyones concerns have been addressed.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2023, 07:26:43 AM »

Amendment is adopted.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2023, 04:24:48 PM »

The only last amendment I have is just to harmonize the contest frequencies. We did 2 years for wine and the whiskey amendment did 5 years for whiskey.

I offer an amendment to replace 5 with 2 so that the contests are on the same schedule. 24 hours to object.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2023, 06:31:04 PM »

24 hours to object.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2023, 04:37:23 PM »

Hearing an objection a vote on cloture is now open for 72 hours. Please vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2023, 04:40:00 PM »

Nay. I don't agree with the proposed amendments suggested by NYE but I think he should be able to put those changes before the full Senate for a vote especially since, as a new Senator, he did not have an opportunity to do so before this point.

Is there an amendment Im missing?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2023, 12:18:00 PM »

Nay
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2023, 11:41:52 PM »

A vote on the NYE Amendment is now open until friday midnight eastern. Please vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2023, 10:24:18 PM »

Nay
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2023, 09:15:55 PM »

Amendment fails 1-9-1-7
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2023, 09:18:06 PM »

24 hours to object
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2023, 06:37:30 PM »

Westmidlander Amendment adopted.

I offer the champagne amendment proposed by President YT. 24 Hours to object.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies