LA prosecutor suspended for "deadnaming" alleged child molester/murderer
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:37:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  LA prosecutor suspended for "deadnaming" alleged child molester/murderer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: LA prosecutor suspended for "deadnaming" alleged child molester/murderer  (Read 1210 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 01, 2023, 06:51:42 PM »

This creep quite clearly crafted this identity for himself for malicious and self-serving purposes, but of course that didn't stop the woke retards in the LA District Attorneys' office from suspending the prosecutor who tried to point out this obvious fact. Tubbs' legal documents didn't even contain his new name, so referring to him this way was legally accurate. Oh, the absurd situations we create by assigning legal weight to imaginary concepts! Common California behavior.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2023, 07:25:52 PM »

sh**t, my legal documents don't contain my new name yet. (Of course, I also haven't been diddling kids, nor is who I am a recent development, but...)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2023, 08:10:08 PM »

sh**t, my legal documents don't contain my new name yet. (Of course, I also haven't been diddling kids, nor is who I am a recent development, but...)

And of course, there’s no reason for anyone to think you’re lying about your self-identity (unlike this pedo).
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 12:56:32 AM »

in before the "but Republicans..."
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2023, 02:14:10 AM »

Forgive me if I don’t believe Fox News over a trans person’s story. The person is clearly an awful being and should rot in a dark cell, but deadnaming someone is as bad as the n word, and you’d know this if you’d spend time around trans people.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2023, 03:29:10 AM »

Citation needed
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2023, 03:37:04 AM »

Forgive me if I don’t believe Fox News over a trans person’s story. The person is clearly an awful being and should rot in a dark cell, but deadnaming someone is as bad as the n word, and you’d know this if you’d spend time around trans people.

This Tubbs fellow is very clearly is not trans. You can tell by the way he uses the t-slur.
Ragnaroni
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.97, S: 1.74

P
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2023, 03:57:32 AM »

Wow an alleged murder was deadnamed? How bad! What about the alleged child molesting and murdering?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2023, 04:10:04 AM »

Wow an alleged murder was deadnamed? How bad! What about the alleged child molesting and murdering?
If deadnaming is remotely comparable to child molesting or child murder, then Donald Trump is secretly Charles Manson.
Ragnaroni
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.97, S: 1.74

P
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2023, 04:34:31 AM »

If deadnaming is remotely comparable to child molesting or child murder, then Donald Trump is secretly Charles Manson.
Yeah, they're distracted by some stupid issue. Figure out if this guy did the crime or not, not having some debate about deadnames (and focus on the deadpersons).

Donald Trump would be closer to Genghis at this point LOL.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2023, 05:57:24 AM »

but deadnaming someone is as bad as the n word
no it's not

Trans activists may want it to be, but as most of us learned before kindergarten, wanting something doesn't make it true.

The n-word is the most ___put your own adjective here___ word in the English language (at least the American version of language), and it's not close.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2023, 06:02:34 AM »
« Edited: March 02, 2023, 06:11:01 AM by Atlasian AG Punxsutawney Phil »

but deadnaming someone is as bad as the n word
no it's not

Trans activists may want it to be, but as most of us learned before kindergarten, wanting something doesn't make it true.

The n-word is the most ___put your own adjective here___ word in the English language (at least the American version of language), and it's not close.
I asked Santa to give me the Presidency, when I was 6-years old! Why wasn't I magically given the Presidency! Obviously Santa must be a ageist!
The entire world is ageist!
Ageist against children like me! Angry
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2023, 09:08:56 AM »

I don't think that he should've been fired per se. I'm willing to respect them if they're proving its not just an act to try and provoke sympathy.

I will also address the transphobia in this thread and everywhere else on the forum:

I know Trans people IRL, they are not crybabys.

All they want is to be treated with respect and by the gender they feel like they should be.

Theres a reason why nearly half of all trans people attempt suicide, you're a part of it.

Yes, they can't switch their their biological sex Now, but thats still not a reason to treat them like this.

Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2023, 09:13:01 AM »

Silly transphobe, everyone knows trans people are incapable of committing sex crimes!
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2023, 10:05:10 AM »

Silly transphobe, everyone knows trans people are incapable of committing sex crimes!

Has anyone ever said that unironically?
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2023, 10:11:42 AM »

Has anyone ever said that unironically?

There might be 1 or 2 terminally online people but not anyone whos been to the real world
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2023, 10:50:03 AM »

I have black friends and I have trans friends, trans people will bend over backwards to prevent people from finding out their deadname, they’ll hide it like nothing else. It causes the same grief and terror as only I’ve seen when my black friends are talking about being called the n word. You all haven’t spent time around trans people if you don’t know how desperate they are to avoid being deadnamed
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2023, 10:52:53 AM »

Deadnaming a trans person for being evil is analogous to calling a black person the n-word because they're evil.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2023, 11:13:25 AM »

I think it is relevant to highlight that conservatives were ready to respect the Colorado Springs shooter's alleged non-binary identity because it suited their claim that he hadn't committed a hate crime. Just pointing out the hypocrisy on this issue overall.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2023, 11:45:06 AM »

I think it is relevant to highlight that conservatives were ready to respect the Colorado Springs shooter's alleged non-binary identity because it suited their claim that he hadn't committed a hate crime. Just pointing out the hypocrisy on this issue overall.

Hypocrisy in politics?? You’ve truly jumped the shark!
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2023, 12:22:50 PM »

This creep quite clearly crafted this identity for himself for malicious and self-serving purposes, but of course that didn't stop the woke retards in the LA District Attorneys' office from suspending the prosecutor who tried to point out this obvious fact. Tubbs' legal documents didn't even contain his new name, so referring to him this way was legally accurate. Oh, the absurd situations we create by assigning legal weight to imaginary concepts! Common California behavior.
Many wokies would probably consider deadnaming to be “cruel and unusual punishment”.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2023, 12:36:57 PM »

"Deadnaming" is not a slur and it's definitely not the n-word.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2023, 12:39:29 PM »

Deadnaming a trans person for being evil is analogous to calling a black person the n-word because they're evil.

Example 40,000 as to why trans rights are faltering. Dead naming is not the same as the N word and suggesting it is is disgusting and racist.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2023, 12:40:58 PM »
« Edited: March 02, 2023, 12:43:59 PM by fhtagn »

The prosecutor referred to the defendant by their legal name, anyone making a big deal out of this over "deadnaming" needs to rethink their priorities on this.

Edit: highlighting this quote from the article in the OP:

Sanna was also accused of “dead naming” Tubbs, meaning he referred to the defendant by her legal name rather than the name correlating to her preferred gender identity, though Tubbs was listed by her legal name in some court documents.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2023, 12:45:22 PM »
« Edited: March 02, 2023, 12:58:29 PM by lfromnj »

Yeah if they legally transitioned then yes the official name should be used even if its likely bs because it could cause a case to be thrown out. In this case they didn't so this suspension is dumb.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies