Trump Dies of COVID in Oct. 2020, what now? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:47:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Trump Dies of COVID in Oct. 2020, what now? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump Dies of COVID in Oct. 2020, what now?  (Read 2981 times)
SaintStan86
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: -1.22

P
« on: March 23, 2023, 02:54:40 PM »

Pence wins thanks to quite a bit of suburban reversion. I think downballot it helps Perdue avoid a runoff, and in the house gets Kean over the line at the least, and probably some other suburban Republicans like Freitas, Oberweis, McCormick, Hunt, and maybe a couple of others. Could have possibly flipped the house back.

Not to mention also (with regards to Hunt) not butchering up Harris County as much as what happened in the last redistricting in Texas. The fact that Texas Republicans have had the majority for two-plus decades in Austin, yet still continue to a) play it safe with redistricting instead of learning to be aggressive like DeSantis and Florida have and b) continue to underwhelm with regards to passing conservative and Republican priorities in the Lege, is rather bewildering. I'm not saying become overreactionery, so-called "Christian Nationalist" nutcases, but governing on the principles, interests and values you claim to defend in campaign advertising makes a difference.

Also, with Trump gone, I can see a lot of the big suburban counties that went for Romney flipping the other way around and becoming RCP counties. Like a certain massive county that Ronald Reagan once touted as where "good Republicans go to die"... It also wouldn't shock me if Genevieve Collins was elected in lieu of Colin Allred in north Dallas's TX-32, and perhaps even an upset by Monica De La Cruz at the border over Vicente Gonzalez as well in TX-15. The things that could have happened if Trump were taken out of the equation, or at least stepped to the side for the sake of stopping a calamitous Biden-Harris ticket...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies