Matt Walsh says he would rather die than have a "mutilated, mutant" trans child
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:21:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Matt Walsh says he would rather die than have a "mutilated, mutant" trans child
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Matt Walsh says he would rather die than have a "mutilated, mutant" trans child  (Read 2038 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 22, 2023, 05:22:33 PM »

The face of the anti-trans movement. If you consider yourself a "skeptic", consider that THIS is what the right wants.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 05:24:35 PM »

I thought a dead Matt Walsh would be exactly what you wanted, Fergie?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 05:24:54 PM »

Yeah, obviously there's no room for middle ground between you and Matt Walsh. You've completely changed my mind.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 05:25:35 PM »

Yeah, obviously there's no room for middle ground between you and Matt Walsh. You've completely changed my mind.

Do you believe that conservatives like Walsh will settle for a middle ground?

I thought a dead Matt Walsh would be exactly what you wanted, Fergie?

I don't wish anyone dead, I want Walsh to live to see his evil ideology lose and be proven wrong about everything.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 05:29:09 PM »

The most likely scenario is that they continue to whine until they all die off. I don't know anything about Matt Walsh specifically aside from the fact that he had to literally buy ads on YouTube to give his show a jumping-off point, which suggests his "success" is largely manufactured.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2023, 05:30:44 PM »

The most likely scenario is that they continue to whine until they all die off. I don't know anything about Matt Walsh specifically aside from the fact that he had to literally buy ads on YouTube to give his show a jumping-off point, which suggests his "success" is largely manufactured.

Do you believe that what Walsh says here is significantly to the right of/more extreme than the median Republican's views on trans issues? Is there anything in here that you think most Republicans would go "wow, too far"?
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2023, 05:32:47 PM »

I only know of the name, but he looks like a very odd, strange man with an odd fixation.  He may be dealing with his own issues, as that has happened with "heterosexual" men in the past that were very focused on gay men.

Best to really just ignore these kinds of people
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2023, 05:36:25 PM »

I thought this was Marty Walsh and I was shocked and horrified why the Secretary of labor was saying this, but it’s just some conservative nobody
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2023, 05:40:26 PM »

Do you believe that what Walsh says here is significantly to the right of/more extreme than the median Republican's views on trans issues? Is there anything in here that you think most Republicans would go "wow, too far"?

No, but I think explicit calls for violence against gay people or transgender people would be too far. I just watched that video, and he seems to mostly make vague statements about protecting his kids that are open to interpretation.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2023, 05:45:57 PM »

Matt Walsh is an idiot and I don't care what the right wants. It's a logical fallacy to imply that any "skeptics" of anything such as trans youth medical intervention must hold the same views as Matt Walsh and others like him or have the same goals. By this "logic," the UK, Finland, and Sweden are all far right fascist states for daring to be "skeptical" of the efficacy and ethics of such treatments in the face of the evidence or lack thereof for them.

This is meant as a constructive criticism in the best way possible, OP: You have a lot of heart and passion, which is good. But when it comes to actually thinking critically, well you could stand to develop that a little more. Drawing hard battle lines between the position you are convinced must be correct, apparently more because of who is pushing it than any independent research and reasoning, and any and all opponents who push back on this position in any way, and effectively implying there is some black and white, good vs. evil contrast here rather than a nuanced debate with a lot of gray area and people with different motives (good and bad faith) on all sides? It's just not accurate in the slightest.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2023, 06:39:30 PM »

Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2023, 06:57:44 PM »

💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2023, 08:06:29 PM »

Matt Walsh is a low-intelligence shock jock and you're taking his low-intelligence bait.

For the love of god please take away Ferguson's ability to make threads, his cluelessness is giving dumb people like Walsh exactly the attention they are seeking.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2023, 08:08:58 PM »

Maybe, but to deny the amount of influence he has on Republican politicians is naive and out of touch with reality. He's a power player, and what he does is a legitimate topic for discussion.
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2023, 08:11:36 PM »

Maybe, but to deny the amount of influence he has on Republican politicians is naive and out of touch with reality. He's a power player, and what he does is a legitimate topic for discussion.

I think this is a "tail wags dog" statement. People like Walsh are chasers, not leaders.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2023, 08:14:40 PM »

I think this is a "tail wags dog" statement. People like Walsh are chasers, not leaders.

I don't. We know that Walsh and Raichik are largely responsible for Ron DeSantis joining the anti-trans hate train after his staffers became big fans. DeSantis didn't previously have a record like this.
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2023, 08:17:39 PM »

I don't. We know that Walsh and Raichik are largely responsible for Ron DeSantis joining the anti-trans hate train after his staffers became big fans. DeSantis didn't previously have a record like this.

Raichik I buy but not Walsh. Walsh is a try-hard loser.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2023, 08:18:34 PM »

What?! You think that with Rush Limbaugh dying that there wouldn't be someone who says stupid sh**t? What's even dumber is anyone having a black and white viewpoint on this.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2023, 08:30:40 PM »

No, but I think explicit calls for violence against gay people or transgender people would be too far. I just watched that video, and he seems to mostly make vague statements about protecting his kids that are open to interpretation.

Walsh is the stochastic terrorist that caused bomb threats to the Boston Children's Hospital.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2023, 08:39:00 PM »

thats so dramatic
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2023, 08:41:30 PM »

Che Guevara said that he would kill his son if he turned out to be gay.
Another example of the horseshoe theory in action.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2023, 11:42:52 PM »

Megathread
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2023, 12:11:44 AM »

If you believe that being trans is innately who a person truly is, then the only right thing as a parent would be to accept it and help your child grow into it and express it.

If you believe that being trans is something that kids get convinced to become, then the right question would be whether it is something beneficial or harmful to them to become. If you believe that it would be bad for them, then the question becomes how far would you be willing to go to protect them from it.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2023, 01:18:07 AM »

This is meant as a constructive criticism in the best way possible, OP: You have a lot of heart and passion, which is good. But when it comes to actually thinking critically, well you could stand to develop that a little more. Drawing hard battle lines between the position you are convinced must be correct, apparently more because of who is pushing it than any independent research and reasoning, and any and all opponents who push back on this position in any way, and effectively implying there is some black and white, good vs. evil contrast here rather than a nuanced debate with a lot of gray area and people with different motives (good and bad faith) on all sides? It's just not accurate in the slightest.

Yeesh, talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

I think it’s very funny that you of all people would ever accuse anyone of lacking critical thinking skills — you routinely reject any and all evidence that goes against your deep-seeded resentment of transgender people. The science is not on your side. You rightfully mock anti-vaxxers, creationists, and Flat Earthers because they reject science when it goes against their political beliefs, so I genuinely do not know why you reject the settled science when it comes to trans issues. And this isn’t just a casual, smug dismissal like Dule does — nearly every anti-trans argument that you make is based on emotion, not fact. This is clearly a deeply personal issue to you, and I would genuinely like to get to the bottom of it. You’re generally on the right side of the issues, so I want to understand why you’re struggling with this moral and intelligent shortcoming.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2023, 01:22:06 AM »

I hope for his child’s sake he’ll never be in this situation.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies