SR 113-66: Palestine Resolution (Tabled)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:26:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SR 113-66: Palestine Resolution (Tabled)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SR 113-66: Palestine Resolution (Tabled)  (Read 251 times)
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 22, 2023, 04:48:58 PM »
« edited: February 27, 2023, 11:49:23 AM by Mr. Reactionary »

A RESOLUTION
to recognize the state of Palestine as an independent nation

1. The state of Palestine will hereby be recognized as an independent state, with East Jerusalem as its capital, and the Senate of Atlasia supports the two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

2. The Senate of Atlasia reaffirms its commitment to peaceful diplomatic exchanges to end the conflict and encourages both sides to engage in constructive dialogue and negotiations towards a lasting peace.

3. The Senate of Atlasia urges all parties to refrain from violence and any actions that may further escalate tensions in the region, and calls on the international community to support efforts towards a peaceful resolution of the conflict.

4. The Senate of Atlasia recognizes the right of both Israelis and Palestinians to live in peace, security, and dignity within their own sovereign and independent states.

5. The Senate of Atlasia expresses its hope that the recognition of the state of Palestine as an independent nation will contribute to the stability and prosperity of the region and to the well-being of both Israelis and Palestinians.

Sponsor: Laki
Debate on this bill is now open
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 05:37:57 PM »

Should "any actions that may further escalate tensions in the region" be defined in the resolution to be more clear?

Of course, a resolution is not enforceable so if the sponsor wants to elaborate he can but it's not required by any means.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 06:39:02 PM »

So this resolution really helps illustrate a pet peeve I have as SoS, which is when foreign policy initiatives not run by our department or the GM team are brought to the Senate floor.

I am personally quite partial to Palestinian statehood OTL, and in time I would like for Atlasia to facilitate over a peaceful two-state solution that bolsters our reputation in the Middle East. However, this resolution simply ain't worth its salt. And while I wish I could endorse this resolution, I cannot do so until we meet with Israeli and Palestinian leaders first. At this time, I must urge a vote against this resolution.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2023, 11:42:46 AM »

Would the Secretary of State prefer we table this then?
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2023, 01:00:19 PM »

So this resolution really helps illustrate a pet peeve I have as SoS, which is when foreign policy initiatives not run by our department or the GM team are brought to the Senate floor.

I am personally quite partial to Palestinian statehood OTL, and in time I would like for Atlasia to facilitate over a peaceful two-state solution that bolsters our reputation in the Middle East. However, this resolution simply ain't worth its salt. And while I wish I could endorse this resolution, I cannot do so until we meet with Israeli and Palestinian leaders first. At this time, I must urge a vote against this resolution.

Can you organize a meeting with them.

We can temporarily suspend/table this.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2023, 03:41:05 PM »

I second lakis motion to table. 24 hrs to object.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2023, 11:50:02 AM »

Bill is tabled.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: