Commonwealth of Frémont • 27th Parliament
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:05:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Commonwealth of Frémont • 27th Parliament
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Commonwealth of Frémont • 27th Parliament  (Read 634 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 22, 2023, 12:09:33 PM »

PARLIAMENT
OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF FRÉMONT

(1)

Oyez! Oyez! Oyez! This house will now come to order!

At Denver in this fateful hour,
          I place all Heaven with its power,
          And the sun with its brightness,
          And the snow with its whiteness,
          And the fire with all the strength it hath,
          And the lightning with its rapid wrath,
          And the winds with their swiftness along their path,
          And the sea with its deepness,
          And the rocks with their steepness,
          And the earth with its starkness:
          All these I place,
          By God's almighty help and grace
          Between myself and the powers of darkness!

Citizens and members may use this thread to introduce legislation, motions, and resolutions for the consideration of the house. I invite our new members to take the oath of office at their earliest convenience that we may proceed with the election of a speaker. In the event that no one signals interest in the speakership, I will be assuming these duties and adjudicate in our proceedings.

Gloria Frémontis!

Ishan, First Minister

Members of the 27th Parliament

Ishan, First Minister
AustralianSwingVoter, MP
Ebowed, MP
theflyingmongoose, MP

(1) Wikimedia Commons.

AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 09:09:56 AM »

So we're more than a month into our term and we've done literally nothing lmao. Haven't even bothered with a Speaker vote, yet alone any legislation!
Electing Ishan to high office only for him to go AWOL immediately even as he's still obsessively active on the forum and discord..... Déjŕ Vu!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023, 11:29:22 AM »

Yeah guys, this is just pathetic. Maybe I can think of some bills but I wasn't elected to Parliament last month...
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2023, 07:23:28 PM »

Research Animal Rehoming Grants Appropriation Bill

1. The Commonwealth of Fremont, recognizing that animals continue to be bred for the purposes of use as objects of experimentation and research, appropriates a total of $250,000 for the next two years for the following program.
2. Any resident of the Commonwealth who is able to provide a home for an animal discarded by research laboratories will be eligible of a grant of up to $5,000 per animal, which may be used for necessary supplies and veterinary care that may be required following its confinement and abuse in a research facility.
3. Funds appropriated by this legislation will be drawn from pet registration fees, and any funds remaining following the conclusion of the two-year trial will be returned to surplus, unless the funds are exhausted prior to that date.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2023, 01:13:02 AM »

I submit a motion regarding the election of a Speaker of the Parliament of the Commonwealth of Frémont.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2023, 11:36:01 AM »

Hey, I've suffered from a stomach bug for the past few days and I have been puking and feeling like crap or sleeping - so apologies for not seeing this sooner. Contrary to what ASV thinks, I have been working on stuff - I would have introduced them all at once but here are some of the things I have finished - more will be introduced in the coming days and weeks. I didn't do a Speaker election because Scott didn't do so - but if you guys want to have one, I'll be fine with a Speaker.

SECTION 1: TITLE
This act shall be known as the Greater San Francisco and Greater Los Angeles Amalgamation Act.
SECTION 2: DEFINITIONS
For the purpose of this act, the following terms shall have the meanings assigned to them:
(a) "Amalgamation" means the consolidation or merger of two or more municipalities into a single municipality.
(b) "Municipality" means a city, town, village or other form of local government that is incorporated under the laws of the Commonwealth of Fremont.
(c) "Greater San Francisco" means the San Francisco Bay Area, including the counties of San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, Santa Cruz, and Sonoma.
(d) "Greater Los Angeles" means the Los Angeles metropolitan area, including the counties of Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, and San Diego.
SECTION 4: AMALGAMATION PROCESS
1. The amalgamation process for the greater San Francisco and greater Los Angeles areas shall be initiated following the passing of this act.
2. Two commissions consisting of 20 elected NPC members from each of the two new proposed municipalities shall determine the structure of the new municipal government, to determine the provision of services to residents in the new municipality, and to resolve continuities with existing municipal laws.
2a. The commission shall be elected on June 6, 2023.
3. The new city for the greater San Francisco area shall be known as Greater San Francisco Area, and the new city for the greater Los Angeles area shall be known as Greater Los Angeles Area. Each city shall assume all assets, liabilities, and obligations of the amalgamated municipalities, and shall provide services to the residents of the new cities.
SECTION 5: IMPLEMENTATION
1. This act shall take effect after passing, with the official amalgamation of the municipalities taking place on January 1, 2025.
2. The new cities shall develop and implement plans for the provision of services to their residents, taking into account the unique needs and characteristics of their respective areas.
3. The new cities shall hold special elections to elect a new City Council in the Greater Los Angeles area and a new Board of Supervisors in the Greater San Francisco area before the official amalgamation of the cities on a date determined by the two commissions.
SECTION 6: TRANSITIONAL PROVISIONS
1. The existing municipalities in the greater San Francisco and greater Los Angeles areas affected by the Act shall continue to exist until the new cities are established.
2. The existing municipal governments in the greater San Francisco and greater Los Angeles areas shall continue to operate until the new municipal governments are established.
3. The employees of the existing municipalities shall continue their employment - with their employment being transferred to the new greater cities.

1. This Act shall be titled as the Banning Parking Minimums Act.

SECTION 2: DEFINITION
1. "Parking minimums" means any requirement, regulation, or law that mandates a minimum number of parking spaces for any new development or redevelopment project.
SECTION 3: CONTENT
1. No municipality in the Commonwealth of Fremont shall impose “parking minimums” on any new development or existing developments.
2. All existing parking minimums shall be declared null and void.
3. This act shall take effect immediately following its passing. 

1. This Act shall be titled “Banning Residential Zoning Act”

For the purposes of this act, the following definitions apply:
(a) "Residential zoning" means any zoning regulation or law that restricts the use of land to residential purposes only.
(b) "Municipality" means a city, town, village or any other form of local government that is incorporated under the laws of the Commonwealth of Fremont.
SECTION 3: CONTENT
1. All existing residential zoning laws enacted by municipalities in the Commonwealth of Fremont shall be declared null and void.
2. All municipalities within the Commonwealth of Fremont are prohibited from enacting residential zoning laws.
3. Municipalities and other forms of local government are banned from blocking multifamily developments on commercial and mixed-use zoned properties.
3. Should a municipality refuse to follow the terms of this act - they shall be subject to 2,000,000 dollar fines each month until they comply with the Act.
4. This Act shall take effect a month following the passage of this Act.

1. This Act shall be titled the Banning Unfair Seizure of Property Act.

For the purposes of this act, the following definitions apply
(a) "Eminent Domain" means the power of the government or a private entity to take private property for public use, with just compensation paid to the property owner.
(b) "Market Value" means the fair market value of the property, as determined by a certified real estate appraiser.

SECTION 3: BANNING EMINENT DOMAIN
1 No government or private entity shall use eminent domain to acquire private property for any purpose unless the property owner is offered 200% or more of the market value of the property and if the property owner agrees to the seizure.

SECTION 4: ENFORCEMENT IF VIOLATIONS OCCUR
1. Any person or entity aggrieved by a violation of this act may bring an action in court to enjoin the violation and/or seek damages for any harm suffered as a result of the violation.

SECTION 5: WHEN WILL THIS ACT TAKE EFFECT
1. This Act will take effect immediately following the passing of this Act.

This Act shall be titled the “Encouraging Public Fitness and Encouraging Community Act”.
For the purposes of this act, the following definitions apply:
1. "Public Gym" means a fitness facility that is owned and operated by a municipal government or a non-profit organization and is open to the general public.
2. "Public Facility" means a community center, recreational center, or other facilities that are owned and operated by a municipal government or a non-profit organization and are open to the general public.
3. “Public Library” means a library that is owned and operated by and operated by a municipal government or a non-profit organization and is open to the general public.
Section 3: Funding for Public Gyms and Facilities
1. The Commonwealth of Fremont shall provide funding up to 20 million dollars each to support the building of public gyms, facilities, and libraries in municipalities and other forms of local government.
2. Non-profit organizations may also receive funding to support the building of public gyms and facilities.
SECTION 4: TAX CREDITS
1. Private companies that invest in the building of public gyms and facilities shall receive tax credits for their investment.
2. The tax credit shall be equal to the total cost of the investment and shall be applied to the company's tax liability for the year in which the investment was made.
SECTION 5: ACCESSIBILITY
1. All public gyms, libraries, and facilities shall comply with accessibility standards set forth by the Atlasians with Disabilities Act (ADA).
2. The Commonwealth shall provide additional funding to support compliance with accessibility standards.
SECTION 6: REQUIREMENTS
1. Government agencies and non-profit organizations that receive funding for the building of public gyms and facilities shall report on the progress of the project to the government.
2. The report shall include information on the cost of the project, the number of individuals served, and the impact of the gym or facility on the community.
SECTION 7: ENACTMENT
1. This act shall take effect on January 1, 2024.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2023, 11:36:49 AM »

I submit a motion regarding the election of a Speaker of the Parliament of the Commonwealth of Frémont.
Nominations are open for 24 hours.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2023, 11:58:53 AM »

Contrary to what ASV thinks, I have been working on stuff - I would have introduced them all at once but here are some of the things I have finished - more will be introduced in the coming days and weeks.

So you’ve taken 6 weeks to draft these groundbreaking bills? We’re literally halfway through the term, elections are only 6 weeks away! And just like your torrid term as PPT, oh so convenient excuses to cover for your continued laziness.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2023, 12:03:43 PM »

Contrary to what ASV thinks, I have been working on stuff - I would have introduced them all at once but here are some of the things I have finished - more will be introduced in the coming days and weeks.

So you’ve taken 6 weeks to draft these groundbreaking bills? We’re literally halfway through the term, elections are only 6 weeks away! And just like your torrid term as PPT, oh so convenient excuses to cover for your continued laziness.
I recognize that in order to deal with you, I should have introduced these one at a time - and you can judge for this - I have been working on more bills, and if you think that my sickness is some manufactured excuse - I can send you a picture of my vomit if you wish since you clearly want it.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2023, 12:16:06 PM »

I recognize that in order to deal with you, I should have introduced these one at a time - and you can judge for this - I have been working on more bills, and if you think that my sickness is some manufactured excuse - I can send you a picture of my vomit if you wish since you clearly want it.
Let's be clear here - your stomach bug is a perfectly reasonable explanation for why you took a week from me bumping the thread. However, it doesn't explain why it took a month and me bumping the thread for you to think about starting working.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2023, 12:23:18 PM »

Let's be clear here - your stomach bug is a perfectly reasonable explanation for why you took a week from me bumping the thread. However, it doesn't explain why it took a month and me bumping the thread for you to think about starting working.
Fair enough, but I would have introduced my bills all at once and I have been working on them for the past threeish weeks or so.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2023, 09:50:20 PM »

Anyone want to be speaker?
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2023, 03:58:23 PM »

I will.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2023, 01:31:54 PM »

theflyingmongoose has become speaker via acclimation.

I will.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2023, 02:19:02 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2023, 02:33:02 PM by I'm a Kennedy! I'm not accustomed to tragedy »

AN ACT
To establish automatic NPC elections

Be it enacted by the Parliament of the Commonwealth of Frémont assembled;

Section 1. Title

This legislation may be cited as the NPC Auto-Elections Act.

Section 2. NPC Election Calendar

1. All at-large NPC State Executive offices shall be for a term of one (1) year, to be conducted in June of each year.

2. All NPC State Legislative offices shall be for a term of one (1) year, to be conducted in June of each year.

3. All NPC local elected bodies and offices shall be for a term of one (1) year, to be conducted in June of each year.

Section 3. State Election Boundaries

1. At least once every five (5) years an Independent Redistricting Committee shall adopt maps of the approved State legislative districts for each State in the Commonwealth of Frémont.

2. Each district shall be closely equal in size based on the population of all voting age citizens in each district.

3. For purposes of calculating population, prisoners shall be counted as living at the place of imprisonment.

Section 4. Local Election Boundaries

1. At least once every five (5) years each State in the Commonwealth of Frémont shall adopt maps of the approved local wards, districts, or precincts for each locality therein.

2. Each ward, district, or precinct shall be closely equal in size based on the population of all voting age citizens in each district.

3. For purposes of calculating population, prisoners shall be counted as living at the place of imprisonment.

4. Parliament may override or determine any map adopted pursuant to this title.

Section 5. Formula

1. The results of NPC elections shall be determined by the First Minister according to the following formula:

A. In-game Party Registration of the State involved shall be 15% of the total outcome, unless no player shall be registered in the State in which case the weight of this factor shall be subsumed by subsection B below.

B. In-game Party Registration of the Commonwealth of Frémont shall be 20% of the total outcome.

C. The average of the partisan vote of the last three (3) regularly conducted elections in the Commonwealth of Frémont shall be 55% of the total outcome.

D. All other relevant factors, including estimated turnout and eligibility shall be 10% of the total outcome.

E. Outcomes of real-life elections may not be considered.

Section 6. Appeals and Enactment

1. Any appeal arising under this act shall be exclusively appealable to the Frémont Supreme Court Justice.

2. Unless otherwise specified herein, this act shall take effect immediately.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2023, 11:09:27 AM »

Either a new speaker needs to be elected or Ishan should take over, but I would appreciate the above being on the floor.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2023, 02:31:34 PM »
« Edited: May 03, 2023, 02:37:19 PM by The Op »

SECTION 1. Title

1. This act shall be known as the "Fremont Teacher Supply Account Act"

SECTION 2. Purpose

1. The purpose of this act is to provide financial support to teachers in order to ensure that they have the necessary resources and supplies to facilitate effective teaching and learning.

SECTION 3. Supplies Account

1. Each full-time teacher employed in a public school shall be entitled to a account of $2000 per year to spend on supplies.

2. The funds in the account may be used by the teacher to purchase classroom supplies, instructional materials, and other necessary resources to support student learning.

3. The supply account funds may not be used for personal or non-education-related expenses.

4. At the end of each school year, any unused funds in the supply account shall roll over to the following school year.

SECTION 4. Implementation

1. The Fremont Ministry of Education shall be responsible for implementing this act.

2. This act shall take effect from the 2024-2025 school year onwards.

3. The Ministry of Education shall establish guidelines for the administration and distribution of the supply account funds.

SECTION 1. Title
This act shall be known as the "Mandatory Home Inspection Act of 2023."
SECTION 2. Purpose
1. The purpose of this act is to protect homebuyers by making home inspections mandatory prior to the sale of a residential property, and to require the seller to bear the cost of the inspection should a prospective buyer wish for one.
SECTION 3. Mandatory Home Inspections
1. Prior to the sale of any residential property if a prospective buyer requests one, the seller shall be required to obtain a home inspection from a qualified home inspector.
SECTION 4. Cost of Home Inspections
1. The cost of the home inspection shall be borne by the seller.
2. The seller shall provide a copy of the home inspection report to prospective buyers upon request.
3. If the prospective buyer chooses to have a separate inspection conducted, the seller shall not be responsible for the cost of the buyer's inspection.
SECTION 5. Disclosure of Home Inspection Results
1. The seller shall provide a copy of the home inspection report to the prospective buyer prior to the sale of the property.
2. If the home inspection report identifies any defects or safety hazards, the seller shall be required to disclose this information to the prospective buyer.
3. If the seller does not disclose the information required under this section, the buyer shall have the right to rescind the sale agreement.
SECTION 6. Penalties
1. Any seller who violates the provisions of this act shall be subject to a civil penalty of up to $15,000.
2. Any seller who knowingly provides false information in a home inspection report or fails to disclose defects or safety hazards shall be subject to a civil penalty of up to $30,000.
SECTION 7. Effective Date
1. This act shall take effect on January 1, 2024.

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2023, 02:31:51 PM »
« Edited: May 03, 2023, 02:44:30 PM by The Op »

Either a new speaker needs to be elected or Ishan should take over, but I would appreciate the above being on the floor.
Will do and I'll also sponsor this, sorry for not responding sooner.

These acts should be enough to last this session.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2023, 07:31:58 AM »

Excellent legislation from weatherboy, which I will introduce here.

Fur Farming Ban Act

Section I: Naming
a. This bill shall be titled the Fur Farming Ban Act.

Section II: Definitions
a. ‘specified animal’ means—
(1) a dog, fox, jackal, wolf and all other members of the Canidae
family,
(2) a domestic cat, wild feline and all other members of the Felidae
family,
(3) a hare, rabbit and all other members of the Leporidae family,
(4) a mink, weasel, stoat and all other Rodentia,
(5) a raccoon, olingo and all other members of the Procyonidae family,
(6) a civet and all other members of the Viverridae family,
(7) a reptile

b. ‘fur or skin farming’ means the breeding, rearing or keeping of a specified animal solely or primarily for the value of, or the manufacture of products from, its fur or skin;

Section III: Banning Fur Farming
 A person shall not—
a. engage in fur or skin farming, or
b. possess or have under their control a specified animal for the purpose of—
1. breeding, rearing or keeping the specified animal for or on behalf of a person who is engaged in the fur or skin farming of the specified animal, or
2. selling or supplying the specified animal to another person to be used by the other person for the fur or skin farming of the specified animal.

Section IV: Removing Licenses
a. All licenses to fur farms that have been granted by the government of Fremont or states within Fremont before the date on which this Act comes into operation are, on that date, revoked.

Section V: Recovering Animals
a. All fur farms in Fremont must, within thirty (30) days of this act going into effect, and at their own expense, relocate their animals to a wildlife rehabilitation facility that already has the same species of animal in their care. Should a rehabilitation facility be unable to accept the animal, the fur farm must find an alternate rehabilitation facility. If the first two (2) facilities that are approached decline, rehabilitation facilities without the same species of animal in their care may be considered.
b. After thirty (30) days of this act doing into effect, local law enforcement are authorized and requested by the Government of Fremont to investigate fur farm sites to ensure that no animals remain. Should animals still remain in the fur farm, they are to be seized immediately.
c. Seized animals are to be transported to the nearest wildlife rehabilitation facility using the same guidelines as Section V, Subsection a of this Act.

Section VI: Punishment
a. A person operating in violation of Section III of this act shall be punished by a charge of animal cruelty and a charge of no less than 6 months and a fine of no less than $5,000, and no more than 2 years imprisonment and a fine of no more than $100,000, dependent on the severity of the crime as interpreted by a judge.
b. A fur farm that does not send their animals to a rehabilitation facility shall be fined a minimum $5000 per animal.
c. A fur farm found to have killed an animal to avoid rehoming at a rehabilitation facility will be liable to pay at minimum an additional $10,000 per animal, in addition to potential criminal penalties for animal cruelty law violations.

Section VII: Fund for Rehabilitation Facilities
a. Due to the potential burden placed on rehabilitation facilities by this act, the government of Fremont shall set aside a fund of five-hundred million dollars ($500,000,000), henceforth referred to as the Fur Farm Rehabilitation Fund, to be granted to rehabilitation facilities that take in animals from fur farms due to this act and file an application for funds. Grants to rehabilitation facilities shall not exceed the amount of one million dollars ($1,000,000) unless the applicant can prove that the cost of taking care of new arrivals at their facility due to this act exceeds the amount of five-hundred thousand dollars ($500,000) annually.
b. Fines extracted in Section VI of this act are to go solely to the Fur Farm Rehabilitation Fund.

Section VIII: Enactment
a. This act shall go into effect immediately.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2023, 07:34:44 AM »

Excellent legislation from weatherboy, which I will introduce here.

Fur Farming Ban Act

Section I: Naming
a. This bill shall be titled the Fur Farming Ban Act.

Section II: Definitions
a. ‘specified animal’ means—
(1) a dog, fox, jackal, wolf and all other members of the Canidae
family,
(2) a domestic cat, wild feline and all other members of the Felidae
family,
(3) a hare, rabbit and all other members of the Leporidae family,
(4) a mink, weasel, stoat and all other Rodentia,
(5) a raccoon, olingo and all other members of the Procyonidae family,
(6) a civet and all other members of the Viverridae family,
(7) a reptile

b. ‘fur or skin farming’ means the breeding, rearing or keeping of a specified animal solely or primarily for the value of, or the manufacture of products from, its fur or skin;

Section III: Banning Fur Farming
 A person shall not—
a. engage in fur or skin farming, or
b. possess or have under their control a specified animal for the purpose of—
1. breeding, rearing or keeping the specified animal for or on behalf of a person who is engaged in the fur or skin farming of the specified animal, or
2. selling or supplying the specified animal to another person to be used by the other person for the fur or skin farming of the specified animal.

Section IV: Removing Licenses
a. All licenses to fur farms that have been granted by the government of Fremont or states within Fremont before the date on which this Act comes into operation are, on that date, revoked.

Section V: Recovering Animals
a. All fur farms in Fremont must, within thirty (30) days of this act going into effect, and at their own expense, relocate their animals to a wildlife rehabilitation facility that already has the same species of animal in their care. Should a rehabilitation facility be unable to accept the animal, the fur farm must find an alternate rehabilitation facility. If the first two (2) facilities that are approached decline, rehabilitation facilities without the same species of animal in their care may be considered.
b. After thirty (30) days of this act doing into effect, local law enforcement are authorized and requested by the Government of Fremont to investigate fur farm sites to ensure that no animals remain. Should animals still remain in the fur farm, they are to be seized immediately.
c. Seized animals are to be transported to the nearest wildlife rehabilitation facility using the same guidelines as Section V, Subsection a of this Act.

Section VI: Punishment
a. A person operating in violation of Section III of this act shall be punished by a charge of animal cruelty and a charge of no less than 6 months and a fine of no less than $5,000, and no more than 2 years imprisonment and a fine of no more than $100,000, dependent on the severity of the crime as interpreted by a judge.
b. A fur farm that does not send their animals to a rehabilitation facility shall be fined a minimum $5000 per animal.
c. A fur farm found to have killed an animal to avoid rehoming at a rehabilitation facility will be liable to pay at minimum an additional $10,000 per animal, in addition to potential criminal penalties for animal cruelty law violations.

Section VII: Fund for Rehabilitation Facilities
a. Due to the potential burden placed on rehabilitation facilities by this act, the government of Fremont shall set aside a fund of five-hundred million dollars ($500,000,000), henceforth referred to as the Fur Farm Rehabilitation Fund, to be granted to rehabilitation facilities that take in animals from fur farms due to this act and file an application for funds. Grants to rehabilitation facilities shall not exceed the amount of one million dollars ($1,000,000) unless the applicant can prove that the cost of taking care of new arrivals at their facility due to this act exceeds the amount of five-hundred thousand dollars ($500,000) annually.
b. Fines extracted in Section VI of this act are to go solely to the Fur Farm Rehabilitation Fund.

Section VIII: Enactment
a. This act shall go into effect immediately.

Thank you Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies