Religious revival in Kentucky (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:30:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Religious revival in Kentucky (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Religious revival in Kentucky  (Read 1067 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« on: February 19, 2023, 08:18:50 PM »

It's always interesting coming here and hearing about things I otherwise would never have known about.

What makes this special though? I browsed the Wikipedia article about it and this event doesn't even seem significant enough to warrant its own article.

There was apparently a similar revival at the same college about fifty years ago that had a lasting influence on the direction of American Protestantism. It's also unusual to see this sort of thing so heavily prioritizing specifically young people's religious expressions, apparently at times to the point of barring people past college age from the auditorium.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 07:05:43 PM »

Generation Z living up to their Artist archetype!

Didn't Strauss and Howe have Millennials ending up as conscientious civic traditionalists, though?  That's a pretty clear red flag for their cyclical system.

I think you actually can massage the definitions of "conscientious", "civic", and "traditionalist" so as to make this make sense, but that says more about how vague and confirmation-bias-prone the model is than it says about anything else.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies