How can Republicans get Allen margins in Nova/Richmond Suburbs? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:43:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  How can Republicans get Allen margins in Nova/Richmond Suburbs? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How can Republicans get Allen margins in Nova/Richmond Suburbs?  (Read 717 times)
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: February 14, 2023, 02:03:53 AM »

I'm not really that familiar with Virginia politics, but I think the population has really increased in these regions, bringing new people from different areas, not only from the United States but from other parts of the world.  I remember one incident from 2006 was known as the "Macaca incident", and then you had in 2008 the "real Virginia" thing.  So Virginia's increasing diversity has moved it away from the state it was in the 80s and 90s.

It also appears that the state is becoming more like the Northeast over time rather than the Southern states underneath it and to the west of it.  

I think in general suburban voters are not as Republican as they once were (whereas rural voters are not as Democratic as they were once were), so there's the realignment going on.

and also, especially in elections where philosophy over the role of the federal government is important there's a lot of federal workers whose salaries and wealth are tied to Washington, D.C.  So when the Republicans propose to make large cuts to Washington's bureaucracy, that could mean job losses to those voters, which makes them more favorable to the Democrats' views on public sector jobs.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies