Never really understood the trans "debate"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:46:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Never really understood the trans "debate"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Never really understood the trans "debate"  (Read 2506 times)
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 11, 2023, 09:22:58 AM »

TBH, I never got it. Even if the notion that someone born in a wrong body isn't true who cares, people in competitive sports don't seem to mine. Transition regret (puberty blockers) according to statistics is almost non-existent or mostly reversible.

Some co-worker of mine (Conservative, anti-libtard kind of guy) was talking about this at work and even I thought hearing that was annoying af. Like, who gives a f**k? How does some random person doing whatever with them self affect your life, freak?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2023, 10:36:23 AM »

TBH, I never got it. Even if the notion that someone born in a wrong body isn't true who cares, people in competitive sports don't seem to mine. Transition regret (puberty blockers) according to statistics is almost non-existent or mostly reversible.

Some co-worker of mine (Conservative, anti-libtard kind of guy) was talking about this at work and even I thought hearing that was annoying af. Like, who gives a f**k? How does some random person doing whatever with them self affect your life, freak?

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2023, 11:12:03 AM »

My non data based wild guess, is that nervous nellie parents have nightmares that their rebellious teens, if only to give them the finger, will give trans a test drive given it's the new fad out there, and it might prove to be the crossing of the Rubicon, and they will lose them "forever," and there go the grand kids.  The stern parenthood mentality does tend to be quite toxic all too often. I was fortunate that my parents let me run wild.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2023, 11:20:48 AM »

Based Woodbury?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2023, 11:36:48 AM »

It's welcome you see through this.

It's a waste of time, effort and a borderline sociopathy to let a small issue affecting a small number of people live rent free on everyone's head.

'You're the one's pushing the issue, not me' say entirely normal people tabling a dozen bills in each state and writing a dozen opinion pieces...
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2023, 11:44:25 AM »

Don't overdo it.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2023, 12:10:07 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2023, 12:17:05 PM by Modok »

1.People in competitive sports "don't seem to mind" because if they spoke out they'd be labeled bigots and cancelled. It's ludicrous to allow someone who developed as a man to compete in women's sports.

2.Trans treatments mostly reversible? When they are not the results are far more horrifying than the alternative (banning these treatments for minors).

3.The main issue is that impressionable kids are being told by their parents and teachers that they might be trans at a very young age simply because they display stereotypes associated with the opposite gender. This is not ok:
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2023, 12:24:43 PM »

1.People in competitive sports "don't seem to mind" because if they spoke out they'd be labeled bigots and cancelled. It's ludicrous to allow someone who developed as a man to compete in women's sports.

2.Trans treatments mostly reversible? When they are not the results are far more horrifying than the alternative (banning these treatments for minors).

3.The main issue is that impressionable kids are being told by their parents and teachers that they might be trans at a very young age simply because they display stereotypes associated with the opposite gender. This is not ok:

And somehow this is more important than Healthcare reform, immigration reform, ACTUAL education reform, tax reform,

Right......
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2023, 12:27:50 PM »

And somehow this is more important than Healthcare reform, immigration reform, ACTUAL education reform, tax reform,

Right......

We already passed tax reform back in 2017 and I dont think the tax code needs anything more than tweaks at this point . Also this issue is handled at the state level while Healthcare and Immigration are national issues and issues that are extremely polarizing as well and issues both parties have used lots of political capital to try to address in the past decade.

As for actual, Republican governors are doing that too , it’s just that the media and USGD doesn’t report on that .

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2023, 12:28:24 PM »

Sir "I just wanna grill for God's sake" Woodbury
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2023, 12:47:48 PM »

It was the successor issue for Republicans after they lost on the SSM debate. I mean yes it's a rare procedure and only affects a small amount, of people. It's just that today GOP has clearly moved from its fiscal conservative path and moved towards a sharia law style of using the power and tools of the government in order to control and prevent unwanted cultural change.

So it's an issue. Although it's questionable how much it will help Republicans in the long run since it likely caused McCory the Governor's mansion in 16 and hasn't really brought many new voters in.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2023, 01:08:28 PM »

Right......

Which politicians have prioritized any of the above, sans immigration, in the last decade? The people against those are using this bait as a distraction, but is anyone actually for them? Start talking about the things that matter to us if you want to win. Not "we can't do it without DC statehood". Not "January 6th end of democracy". Not "Supreme Court tyranny". Start talking about the issues.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2023, 02:00:08 PM »

Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2023, 02:33:38 PM »

You know this how? Even then who gives a f**k lol. There are cases where trans athletes win gold (rarely) or don't. There is nothing to suggest anomalies (at least so far?).

Name them. I have heard no cases of pubery blockers being irreversable.

At such a young age is exceptionally rare, and this family is obviously an outlier out of many.

Also no offense, but a teacher having a short lesson about "gender identity" doesn't mean they are encouraging them to be trans, lol. Some child will probably be picking their nose right after class and go about their day.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2023, 02:44:16 PM »

You know this how? Even then who gives a f**k lol. There are cases where trans athletes win gold (rarely) or don't. There is nothing to suggest anomalies (at least so far?).

Name them. I have heard no cases of pubery blockers being irreversable.

At such a young age is exceptionally rare, and this family is obviously an outlier out of many.

Also no offense, but a teacher having a short lesson about "gender identity" doesn't mean they are encouraging them to be trans, lol. Some child will probably be picking their nose right after class and go about their day.

The bolded part is 99 percent true.

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2023, 04:26:24 PM »

The high-effort thread I wrote on this subject nearly a year ago remains prescient.

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=488711.msg8550282#msg8550282
EastwoodS

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2023, 04:28:55 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2023, 09:03:22 PM by EastwoodS »

Bc they are closet, creeps, lol. No confident, secure man feels the need to rip others down.
EastwoodS

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2023, 04:31:18 PM »

And these people are also hypocrites in every sense of the word; I’m pretty sure they look for whatever group they can project their hate on as a way to deflect from their own vices.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2023, 04:38:01 PM »

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=496790.msg8632413#msg8632413

Number 3 on your list is why I hold the Postions I do
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2023, 05:04:11 PM »

New subboard proposals

1) Trans debate (under US General Discussion)

2) Covid 19 (Under US general Discussion)

2) Lauren Boebert (Under congressional elections)

3) Virginia (A board of its own)

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2023, 05:10:40 PM »

New subboard proposals

Why would Virginia get a board of its own over states like Florida, California, Texas, and New York?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2023, 05:24:07 PM »

New subboard proposals

Why would Virginia get a board of its own over states like Florida, California, Texas, and New York?

If anything CA/FL should since those are the two states talked about the most on here
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2023, 05:28:20 PM »

New subboard proposals

Because Virginia is the best state.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2023, 05:30:18 PM »

New subboard proposals

Because Virginia is the best state.

Yess... I honestly can not think of better states than Virginia and Colorado
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2023, 05:30:32 PM »

Now I know how the American people in Campaign Trail feel when I have Reagan push for universal healthcare.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies