SB 113-50: Greenland Act (Passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 03:12:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 113-50: Greenland Act (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: SB 113-50: Greenland Act (Passed)  (Read 1588 times)
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2023, 12:26:15 AM »

Aye
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2023, 11:44:10 AM »

Aye
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2023, 12:01:25 PM »

By a vote of 9-8-1-0 bill passes.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2023, 12:08:15 PM »

GREENLAND! 🤠
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2023, 01:19:16 PM »

GREENLAND ACT

1. The Republic of Atlasia hereby immediately authorizes the President to enter into an international agreement pledging the following terms:

A. The Republic of Atlasia agrees to pay $15 Billion to Denmark in consideration of and for immediate full title and ownership to the territory of Greenland and all property, rights, and assets owned thereby. Such conveyance shall include a full transfer of national sovereignty over Greenland and its people to Atlasia, subject to the terms of this treaty. Upon the mutual ratification of this agreement, Greenland shall become a full State of the Republic of Atlasia within the constituent jurisdiction of the Southern Region, and shall be subject to all federal and Regional laws thereof subject to this agreement.

B. Upon such transfer, the following terms shall be legally binding:

i. Atlasia agrees to maintain an open ports and safe harbors agreement with Denmark, wherein Atlasia agrees to admit from Denmark any vessel, aircraft, or other thing in transit upon and over the airspace, waters, pipelines, transmission lines, cables, and other cross-boundary conveyances and travelways, on the same basis as that entitled to Atlasian citizens thereof, subject to generally applicable rules and declared emergencies. No toll, fee, or other charge shall be imposed by Atlasia on such traffic, other than general charges equally borne by domestic traffic.

ii. For no less than five (5) years, Atlasia agrees to a territorial Free Trade Agreement, wherein Atlasia agrees to permit the free trade and exchange of goods and services between Denmark and Greenland subject to neutral laws of general applicability. During such agreement, Atlasia shall not impose tariffs or duties on the goods and services of Denmark within Greenland, nor unfairly give preference to Atlasian goods or services over those of Denmark within Greenland.

iii. For no less than five (5) years, Atlasia and Denmark mutually agree to a fair process for emigration, whereby any person living in Greenland at the time this agreement is ratified shall be free to emigrate to Denmark with the same rights such person currently possesses.

iv. Atlasia and Denmark mutually agree to honor and give full faith and credit to the earned military service record, veteran status, and earned benefits for all persons living in Greenland prior to the date of this agreement.

v. Atlasia and Denmark mutually agree to maintain the open travel and visa waiver program, wherein citizens of each respective nation may freely travel to, from, and throughout the territorial jurisdiction of the other for definite or indefinite periods of time on the same basis as citizens thereof, subject to generally applicable rules and identity verification at ports of entry. Each nation may continue to deport or refuse entry to individual citizens of the other respective nation upon conviction of a crime.

vi. Atlasia and Denmark mutually agree to honor and give full faith and credit to orders of extradition issued by the other respective nation for crimes committed within the territorial jurisdiction of the other respective nation.

vii. Atlasia and Denmark mutually agree to honor and give full faith and credit to all contracts, judgments, court records, birth and death records, driver's licenses, and other documemns pertaining to persons or property located in Greenland prior to the date of this agreement subject to generally applicable rules and requirements.

viii. For no less than five (5) years, Atlasia agrees to remit five percent (5%) of any federal tax or royalty revenue generated as a result of any hypothetical energy production or mineral extraction in Greenland.

ix. For no less than ten (10) years, Atlasia agrees to grant fishing rights to vessels flagged or registered in Denmark on the same and equal basis as granted to citizens of Atlasia within the Exclusive Economic Zone of the waters surrounding Greenland. Nothing in this clause however shall permit commercial whaling in such waters.

x. Atlasia agrees to coordinate with Denmark in relation to radar networks, satellite management, spectrum frequency management, air traffic control, space travel, and telecommunications management withim Greenland, to ensure the mutually beneficial flow of information between the respective nations.

xi. Atlasia and Denmark mutually agree to participate in a jointly-funded and cooperative program of oceanic, arctic, and environmental research, and to provide mutual assistance to vessels and aircraft of the other when in peril on the highseas or open airspace.

2. To carry this agreement into force, the following shall immediately occur:

A. $15 Billion is hereby accepted from the Southern Region to fulfill the purchase price to Denmark referenced above.

B. The Republic of Atlasia hereby conveys full title to the Commonwealth of Fremont all mineral rights in the Alaska National Wilderness Reserve (ANWR), for the purpose of imposing binding restrictive covenants to prohibit the extraction of gas and oil and mining thereof.

C. The Republic of Atlasia hereby conveys full title to the Commonwealth of Fremont all mineral rights in Grand Canyon National Park, for the purpose of imposing binding restrictive covenants to prohibit the extraction of gas and oil and mining thereof.

D. The Republic of Atlasia hereby conveys full title to the Commonwealth of Fremont all mineral rights in Yellowstone National Park, for the purpose of imposing binding restrictive covenants to prohibit the extraction of gas and oil and mining thereof.

E. The Republic of Atlasia hereby conveys full title to the Commonwealth of Fremont all mineral rights in Yosemite National Park, for the purpose of imposing binding restrictive covenants to prohibit the extraction of gas and oil and mining thereof.

F. The Republic of Atlasia hereby conveys full title to the Commonwealth of Fremont all mineral rights in Redwood National Park, for the purpose of imposing binding restrictive covenants to prohibit the extraction of gas and oil and mining thereof.

G. The Republic of Atlasia hereby conveys full title to the Commonwealth of Fremont all mineral rights in Kimg's Canyon National Park, for the purpose of imposing binding restrictive covenants to prohibit the extraction of gas and oil and mining thereof.

H. The Republic of Atlasia hereby conveys full title to Lincoln all mineral rights in the Great Lakes for the purpose of imposing binding restrictive covenants to prohibit the extraction of gas and oil and mining thereof.

I. The Republic of Atlasia hereby conveys full title to the Southern Region all mineral rights in Everglades National Park for the purpose of imposing binding restrictive covenants to prohibit the extraction of gas and oil and mining thereof.

J. The Republic of Atlasia hereby conveys full title to the Southern Region all mineral rights in Shenandoah National Park for the purpose of imposing binding restrictive covenants to prohibit mountaintop removal mining thereof.

K. The Republic of Atlasia hereby conveys full title to the Southern Region all mineral rights in Hot Springs National Park for the purpose of imposing binding restrictive covenants to prohibit the extraction of gas and oil and mining thereof.

L. The Republic of Atlasia hereby authorizes the National Science Foundation to conduct scientific research in Greenland.

3. This act shall be contingent upon the reciprocal acceptance of the terms herein by Denmark and the passage of a funding bill by the Southern Region.

Passed 9-8-1-0 in the Atlasian Senate assembled.

- R, PPT
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2023, 02:39:28 AM »

I believe I am obligated to say that this proposal does not have the support of President-elect tack.

Now as many of you know, I didn't take this idea seriously at first at all. I erred in dismissing it out of hand, just assuming this was a YT vanity meme (and we discussed this). Let me put it this way. I came around to supporting annexation for mineral exploration, in large part because our energy costs have to be considerably more expensive than OTL because most of our oil is traded with Canada but little elsewhere. We have a bad recent history with the PRC (although sanctions should be lifted as long as Taiwan is free) and we have no relations with Saudi Arabia.

We may also need to reevaluate our trading with Russia, but how much we buy from them will depend heavily on the next update and the state of the war.

The broader point being, we're limited in trade partners and something's got to give with how we regulate fossil fuels in Atlasia. I've affirmed and reaffirmed that I'm committed to protecting the ANWR or any of our state or national parks from drilling. But we can't rely solely on renewables just yet. And while I've come around to supporting the proposal as an individual, as Secretary of State I cannot act against the administration's wishes -- although, in fairness, my stance as a senator can and likely will be different from some stances I've taken as SoS, which need to be aligned with the current administration. And the SoS doesn't have the final word, either.

I implore the proponents of the deal to speak with President-elect tack. I'll invite him to the NSC and the Greenland Discord as well.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2023, 07:32:27 AM »

I have spoken with President Cao and Governor YT and they support it, and that's all what matters to me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies