PyroTheFox Senate Campaign Office
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:26:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PyroTheFox Senate Campaign Office
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PyroTheFox Senate Campaign Office  (Read 825 times)
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 08, 2023, 03:35:47 PM »
« edited: April 22, 2023, 06:38:55 PM by Pyro »

This great land and its government belong to all of the people, not just those on the top. Fairness must govern the day. Now is the time for us to come together and seek the revitalization of democracy, assure that your rights are protected, and make certain that future generations may thrive on a lush and sustainable planet.

Campaign Statements and Events:

April 2023 Campaign
* Campaign Announcement - Portland, ME
* New: Election Statement - Norwalk, CT

February 2023 Campaign
* Campaign Announcement - Pittsburgh, PA
* Election Eve Statement - Buffalo, NY
* Post Election Statement - Lowell, MA
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 05:28:11 PM »
« Edited: April 22, 2023, 06:38:27 PM by Pyro »

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
February 8th, 2023

Source: Wiki Commons: City Skyline

Good Day, Atlasia!

I've had the great honor of serving as an elected deputy of the Lincoln General Court following last month's special election. This present session of the legislature is one of the busiest and most productive environments that I've ever had the privilege of taking part in. We've worked to re-energize our transportation system and deliver tons of new jobs to Lincoln, support our fine public schooling system, eliminate tax burdens on working families, and introduce the Lincoln Cooperative Enterprises Agency to assist in the transformation of Lincoln commerce.

Right here in Pittsburgh, we are beginning to see some results from this session. New small businesses are taking shape due in part to new financial opportunities brought about by the Worker-Owned Enterprises Act. City officials are hard at work assisting the Lincoln Department of Transportation and Infrastructure in an ongoing effort to expand public transit. This September, all workers employed throughout the region will have guaranteed workplace benefits including parental leave and paid sick time. These reforms have all been designed to help improve your lives and lower that financial stress.

Now, although much is still to be done on the regional level, it is my intention to bring this same level of dedication and commitment to the interests of working people to the federal stage. As an advocate for shared cooperation, a voice for justice and fairness, and a fierce proponent of an active legislature balanced with diverse representatives, it is my view that we are overdue for a change in Nyman. It's time to restore the delicate partnership between the government of Atlasia and its people.

I believe the people of Atlasia deserve better.

We deserve elected officials who will prioritize the betterment of living conditions and human rights instead of defending corporate profits. A government acting in the interests of its people does not seek the de-regulation of industry. That government does not seek to raise unemployment, nor does it seek to raise the retirement age or disrupt Social Security. Such a government, one in-tune with the needs of its people, cannot sacrifice our planet as a tribute for inflation reduction. And above all else, a just government does not sit idly by as threats of secession risk sinking the ship of state.

We all deserve better than that.

I ask for your support as we rise to meet this new challenge. Thank you.

Solidarity.
Pyro🐾

Buffalo, NY
February 17th, 2023

Source: Wiki Commons: Colonial Circle

Happy Friday, Atlasia!

On this drizzly afternoon in advance of this Presidents' Day Weekend, I'm here to express the importance of doing your civic duty! The results of these February elections will be vital in determining the future of our country, and the world. This weekend you, the voters of Atlasia, shall determine the makeup of our next class of senators, regional representatives, and, of course, the presidency. I would encourage all of you hearing this statement to remember that your vote belongs to you, and you alone. It is your right to make this decision free of intimidation or coercion. Vote for who you believe in above all else to make the change you wish to see.

Behind me stands the statue of a heroic serviceman from one of our darkest hours as a nation. Brigadier General Daniel Bidwell enlisted, fought, and perished in the Civil War. His death in the line of fire, and the tragic story of this war, must be respected if we are to learn and grow as a united country. To the men who risked, and oftentimes lost, their lives in the pursuit of defending the union, it is nothing less than an insult for any elected official to toy with the notion of secession.

As I've written in a resolution passed unanimously by the Lincoln regional government, we must all uphold that the Republic of Atlasia is a perpetual and indestructible Union. The Union of the Regions is unbreakable. I, and the whole of Lincoln, thoroughly condemn these ongoing efforts to disrupt or dissolve this Union. With these elections now upon us, I would implore each of you to withhold your support from any candidate in opposition to this basic tenant of Atlasia.

It is my view that those elected to the next session of the Atlasian Senate ought to stand by these values. I pledge to do so, as this is one subject matter to which none may waver. Thank you.

Solidarity.
Pyro🐾

Lowell, MA
February 20th, 2023

Source: Wiki Commons: Hunts Falls Bridge

Good Evening, Atlasia!

The election results have all been counted, and I believe your voices have been heard! It is my pleasure to speak to you now as a senator-elect of the incoming congressional class. You have my sincerest thanks for allowing me to represent you and your interests. Not only have you voted to balance the playing field in the Senate, but you have chosen to elect a new president as well. Governor Tack, a friend and colleague of mine for many years, has prevailed in the general election despite an arduous climb to the top. His entire campaign team deserves commendation for this success!

In the coming weeks, as we begin the transition into the new government, I put my complete trust in President-elect Tack and Vice President-elect Laki to lead us to a whole new chapter of fair governance and economic justice. I look forward to working with this new administration, and my fellow elected officials serving in the legislature. Together may we restore Nyman to a place of openness and progress.

Solidarity.
Pyro🐾
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2023, 07:36:54 PM »

Congratulations on your victory to the senate.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2023, 12:20:29 PM »
« Edited: April 14, 2023, 12:26:11 PM by Pyro »

Good Day, Atlasia!

It has been an absolute honor and a privilege to serve as your senator for these past months. Working in this legislative chamber has come with its ups and downs, but I hope today to concentrate more on the positives, and the potential for greatness to come. As public servants, it is our responsibility to bring a voice to your concerns and act as a true representative of your interests. It is the opportunity of every elected leader to make this a reality. It is pivotal that each of us elected to these offices work to find common ground whenever possible, bring spirited debate and discussion to the floor, and - indeed - show up to vote. I am proud to have contributed to this session of the Senate, having introduced a fair share of bills and amendments thus far.

Regardless of the circumstances, no matter what our party affiliation may be, it is the duty of all senators to do these things. I have worked with elected officials of all stripes to find common ground with regard to policymaking, and as is the case with new laws such as the Strategic Production Response Act, we have worked together to improve these proposals into workable statute. And yet, much work is to be done if we are to live up to the promise of bettering the lives of working class Atlasians.

We must address the secession crisis taking place in the Southern Region and seek to maintain our permanent and unbreakable Union. Defending the Republic is of paramount importance, and I urge the President to chart all available avenues for action on this front. We must address climate change and disallow the expansion of fossil fuel extraction on public lands. We must also protect workers from unfair labor practices and corporate corruption, and low-income Atlasians from falling into poverty.

For these causes, and to continue to fight for the dream of a brighter and more democratic tomorrow, I hereby announce my intention to run for the position of Lincoln-Northeast Subregional Senator. I ask for your support to make this dream a reality, one step at a time.

Solidarity.
Pyro🐾
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2023, 04:40:11 PM »

The South gets just as much a say in the Union as everyone else. We do not support taking away people's rights and giving the South a higher status than other regions, just as I would not have supported slavery and Jim Crow. The proposals go against the core values of the Labor Party and will always be relentlessly opposed by us.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2023, 05:15:02 PM »

The South gets just as much a say in the Union as everyone else. We do not support taking away people's rights and giving the South a higher status than other regions, just as I would not have supported slavery and Jim Crow. The proposals go against the core values of the Labor Party and will always be relentlessly opposed by us.

Who is asking for a higher status?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2023, 06:50:50 PM »

"Give me what I want OR I will secede" is not negotiating in good faith, Governor.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2023, 07:01:28 PM »

Give what the regions want, and the regions will be happy.
No one but you and your lapdogs is demanding this; it's another pure vanity play from someone who is probably losing interest in this game (Kansas crisis 2.0, anyone?). I see no reason to satiate your mental wanderlust when none of this has been negotiated in good faith.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2023, 07:11:03 PM »

We took out the death penalty, and protected the federal ban on mountaintop removal and the federal 40 hr work week from the original proposal. The rest is still being negotiated in the senate.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2023, 08:29:10 PM »

Unless you all have questions/comments specifically about my campaign, I'd appreciate it if you'd keep this arguing in the legislation thread. Thanks.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2023, 02:59:54 PM »

Norwalk, Connecticut
April 21st, 2023

Source: Wiki Commons: Norwalk Harbor

Good Day, Atlasia!

Happy Midterm Weekend, folks! As I stand before you on this sunny afternoon, the polls have officially opened, and it is once more time to make yourselves heard. I encourage all of you to go out and vote, and to do knowing the political might you wield. After all, it is your civic responsibility to decide the type of country you wish to live in. As a proponent of progressive policies and an advocate for fairness and equality, I sincerely hope that the incoming class of senators and legislators will reflect the needs of the many and serve only the interests of their constituents.

Voters nationwide will have the opportunity to directly impact public policy thanks to two amendment proposals presently on the ballot. Although the Senate is still awaiting final certification of these proposed changes, these impactful amendments are now up to you to approve.

Let me say that I fully endorse each of these proposals and implore you to vote approvingly on each. The Indigenous Nations Amendment shall allow the federal government of Atlasia to support Native Atlasian tribal nations and fully recognize them. The Limiting Ballot Chicanery Act shall ensure that accidental or intentional double posting will not invalidate a voter. Seeing as certain controversies have erupted regarding voters being pressured into invalidating their ballots, this will rightly address that concern.

As I've stated when campaigning for Senate last February, I would advise all voters to support only those candidates who pledge to abide by the basic tenants of this nation. The Republic of Atlasia shall always be considered a perpetual and indestructible Union. Of this there can be no debate or negotiation. This foundational part of our national identity must be cemented into the Constitution. I have proposed an amendment to do just that, however this session has not yet placed this proposal on the floor. In the wake of a new chapter of the Secession Crisis, one involving the Southern Governor's indefensible move to shut down fuel lines to Lincoln, it is now more important than ever to learn the lessons of our shared history and condemn attempts to weaken the Union.  

Regardless of the outcome of these elections, it is my hope that we will grow as a united country and seek the betterment of all. Thank you.

Solidarity.
Pyro🐾
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2023, 03:06:25 PM »

Unless you all have questions/comments specifically about my campaign, I'd appreciate it if you'd keep this arguing in the legislation thread. Thanks.

Isn't the discussion here about your campaign stances/issue positions?
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2023, 05:19:14 PM »

Private debate between various parties regarding the proposed RR Amendment does not relate to my campaign, no. I do have a position on it, but that was not asked of me.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2023, 05:54:15 PM »

Private debate between various parties regarding the proposed RR Amendment does not relate to my campaign, no. I do have a position on it, but that was not asked of me.

Your public conduct does however pertain to your campaign, and you won’t even answer it. Do you hate people with disabilities?

Pyro the Silencer! Who will be silenced next?
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2023, 05:57:24 PM »

Your public conduct does however pertain to your campaign, and you won’t even answer it. Do you hate people with disabilities?

I will say this once, YT. You have insulted and harassed me nonstop both on this forum as well as Discord. I will not dignify your repulsive and disingenuous comments with a response. If you care to discuss an actual issue, including the proxy matter, I would be happy to oblige, however if you insist on childishly attacking me, I have no intent on answering you.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2023, 06:27:13 PM »

I will say this once, YT. You have insulted and harassed me nonstop both on this forum as well as Discord. I will not dignify your repulsive and disingenuous comments with a response. If you care to discuss an actual issue, including the proxy matter, I would be happy to oblige, however if you insist on childishly attacking me, I have no intent on answering you.

While I’m not an example for what is considered a 100% good person, I will happily stick up for my friends time and time again.

I believe you genuinely used Yankee’s situation where he was absent to morph it into something for political gain for yourself. It’s not disingenuous, I believe it and I’m not the only one, from the get go you have behaved poorly. Your conduct is apart of the proxy voting issue and you know that.

You wanted to manipulate Senate rules to exclude someone who was facing dire medical issues. That is what you did. If you want to talk repulsiveness or disingenuousness, look in a mirror.

Your belief is entirely unfounded. Instituting voting-by-proxy at any scale is a serious change that has/had huge implications for the Senate. It is not a practice that is sanctioned by the Senate rules. Therefore, my position has always been that the Senate should vote in a fair and democratic process to either craft a permanent rules change or suspend the rules and allow it. This is not personal and this is not partisan. Asking for the Senate to vote on a subject matter as significant as proxy voting is common sense, and to claim it is done to slight a member with medical issues is not only flat-out wrong, but it is blowing this situation way out of proportion. You can believe what you want, but that is the truth.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2023, 06:55:12 PM »

So you demand an answer, get one, then insult him anyway. Very nice!

I fully sympathize with NCY’s situation, and I do agree that objecting on everything is perhaps excessive, but I also agree that proxy voting is a very worrisome thing. It could very easily lead to a situation like this, one I’m sure you two would hate:

Labor elects 5 senators. 4 zombies, and Pericles. The zombies declare that Pericles will vote in their stead, and now he controls the senate directly rather than having to rely on keeping his caucus active and in line.

Yes, it’s a hypothetical that has little chance of happening, but I don’t think either of you want it to even be a possibility.

We need to take this matter very carefully, and calling those who are urging caution and wanting rule changes to codify matters regarding proxy voting “haters of sick people”  is disingenuous and simply stupid.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2023, 08:09:08 PM »

While I am beyond caring at this point personally, the (forum) rules do care. Lets not throw around words like the "r word" and "stupid".
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2023, 08:15:32 PM »

I fully sympathize with NCY’s situation, and I do agree that objecting on everything is perhaps excessive, but I also agree that proxy voting is a very worrisome thing. It could very easily lead to a situation like this, one I’m sure you two would hate:

Labor elects 5 senators. 4 zombies, and Pericles. The zombies declare that Pericles will vote in their stead, and now he controls the senate directly rather than having to rely on keeping his caucus active and in line.

Yes, it’s a hypothetical that has little chance of happening, but I don’t think either of you want it to even be a possibility.

We need to take this matter very carefully, and calling those who are urging caution and wanting rule changes to codify matters regarding proxy voting “haters of sick people”  is disingenuous and simply stupid.

Yes, it comes with risks, like anything does. You can elect a Senator and have them shift from hard right to communist in just a month.

However, it was not being abused in this case, it was being carefully applied by a respectable member who did a fantastic job ensuring that my views were represented while I went through the worst crisis of my life since my mother passed away. 

You can establish whatever policies and procedures you want for the future, but exerting this level of obstruction in the name of "process and procedure" during a period when I begged for people to ease my transition back, yes I think I am within my rights to take this all rather personally.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2023, 08:18:33 PM »

I agree with WB though that the potential for abuse is too big. Which is why I plan on voting against the proposed act in the senate.

I agree though that in this case it was used responsibly and fairly, but I cannot trust everyone with that.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2023, 11:42:42 PM »

Yes, it comes with risks, like anything does. You can elect a Senator and have them shift from hard right to communist in just a month.

However, it was not being abused in this case, it was being carefully applied by a respectable member who did a fantastic job ensuring that my views were represented while I went through the worst crisis of my life since my mother passed away. 

You can establish whatever policies and procedures you want for the future, but exerting this level of obstruction in the name of "process and procedure" during a period when I begged for people to ease my transition back, yes I think I am within my rights to take this all rather personally.

I should've made it clearer that you are fully within your rights to be angry about it. In fact I fully understand and find it reasonable for you to feel as such. I hate that this is the situation where we had to encounter this issue, because it makes it extremely difficult to strictly follow the senate rules without feeling like s**t. I am aware I'm putting words in Pyro's mouth here, but I expect he fully agrees with them. I don't think he takes pride or pleasure in objecting to the proxy votes. He simply feels obligated to by the rules. I suspect he only did so in every circumstance because doing so in only a handful where the vote made a difference would make him look hypocritical and attempting to use your absence for political gain. I know that he's not the type to try and exploit that, which is why it makes sense he stayed consistent with it.

I find it very odd that YT and LT seem to be taking even more offense to the situation than you (at least publicly), to the point of lobbing insults and epithets at Pyro and others who are against proxy voting. My post was directed moreso at them than you.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2023, 11:26:09 PM »

Fairfield, Connecticut
April 24th, 2023

Good Morning, Atlasia

The election results have not yet been certified, however it does appear evident that I will not be elected to the Senate next session. This was a hard-fought race, and the final tally was separated by a single vote. Every vote counts, folks! Alas, this time we came up a bit short. I congratulate Senator-elect Christian Man on his election, and wish him all the best. Thank you.

Solidarity.
Pyro
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies