DE-SEN 2024 Megathread: Carper Retiring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:56:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  DE-SEN 2024 Megathread: Carper Retiring (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DE-SEN 2024 Megathread: Carper Retiring  (Read 3852 times)
Zedonathin2020
United States

« on: May 20, 2023, 03:04:01 PM »

There are rumors Rochester might go for governor instead. Though they might only be if Carper stays.

Going for gov would give LBR the opportunity to write history as first black female gov. There has never been one and is unlikely until the 2024 elections. Of course, unless some lt. gov. like Juliana Stratton has to fill a vacancy before. Though Rochester would still be the first AA woman to win an election for a state's top job.

Being Governor these days seems like a more fulfilling job than being in the Senate especially governing a state where your party has a trifecta like DE. LBR has some executive experience previously being a CEO of a non profit and a state cabinet secretary so she may be more drawn to running for Governor.

Somewhat unrelated to Delaware, though I always felt being governor was a preferrable job than senator. You can actually implement policies and more effectively use the bully pulpit. Being governor is also a better "training ground" in general than the senate, because a governor has to get things running and at some point has to function as a crisis manager.

Being Governor also gives one an executive advantage should you want to run for President, although I bet LBR wouldn’t really want that.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2023, 02:43:21 PM »

Senator Blunt Rochester here we come!
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 07:26:13 AM »

Is there NO Delaware Republican that would be a credible candidate?

New Castle County is simply too blue at this point. Republicans also likely have no one credible.

Exactly, unless they somehow convince Ben du Pont to run they’re gonna have to get some rando who’ll lose 61–39 against LBR
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2023, 10:37:38 AM »

So with LBR all but confirmed to be running for this seat, we could very well be getting our first openly Transgender House Representative next year, it was gonna happen eventually, but what shocks me is that it’s going to be from Delaware of all places.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2023, 11:07:44 AM »

So with LBR all but confirmed to be running for this seat, we could very well be getting our first openly Transgender House Representative next year, it was gonna happen eventually, but what shocks me is that it’s going to be from Delaware of all places.

Eh, Delaware is pretty progressive. It's not like it's Oklahoma or Missouri, though only having one seat in Congress limits the likelihood of a trans person getting to the top of the roster as opposed to a place like California.

Which is why I’m shocked it’s from Delaware and not somewhere that has more seats, Like California or New York.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2023, 11:32:40 AM »

I'm actually curious, who's the state politician in question and how likely are they to win the democratic primary?

Sarah McBride. How likely she is to win I don’t know but she is one of the more likely to win it.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2023, 02:06:27 PM »

Out of all the pictures that have been taken ever since the invention of Photography. This is definitely one of them taken.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2023, 08:16:28 AM »

And we have an announcement

I’m gonna go ahead and give a double endorsement, her for Senate, and Sarah McBride for House
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies