I've read 15 books about the 2020 election...Ask me anything! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:24:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  I've read 15 books about the 2020 election...Ask me anything! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I've read 15 books about the 2020 election...Ask me anything!  (Read 10274 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: March 14, 2023, 04:23:52 AM »

1) Was Klobuchar really Biden's first choice for VP and was he forced to abandon her after the George Floyd murder?

2) What was going on behind closed doors for the Democratic establishment after Nevada when Sanders became the frontrunner for the nomination?

3) Why was Trump so staunchly opposed to even the most common sense measures against COVID like masks?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2023, 02:30:36 AM »

1. Klobuchar was never Biden's first choice. Biden never had a "first choice''. He is famously indecisive. Biden did really like Whitmer, I suspect she was his first choice. But most of the selection process was after George Floyd. Harris was the natural option. But Jill absoletly did not want her.

I like Jill Biden but I find her stance more than a little hypocritical considering the fact that uncle Joe hit Obama pretty hard in the 2008 primary debates.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2023, 10:36:28 AM »

Was any big name Democrat worried that the "shut up man" incident might hurt Biden or were they pleased with his debate performance?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2023, 02:36:38 AM »

Was there any particular reason why Biden flopped so hard in Iowa and New Hampshire?

Besides Trump's occasional taunts was there any organized effort by Republicans to ratf**k the Democratic primaries?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2023, 01:19:14 AM »

2. Obama didn't support anyone. He did have a soft spot for Cory Booker and hoped he'd win.

That's strange considering what Booker did in 2012.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2023, 10:47:22 AM »

Hillary cancelled her fireworks the day before the election. What where some subtle signs like that from the Biden and trump campaigns in the month leading up to the election that they knew what was coming?
None that I know of. Internal polling for both campaign were pretty accurate. The day before election, the Biden campaign expected to win Georgia but not Florida. They had it down to the street level.

You've said it before that Biden expected to lose Florida. If so then why did they spend an obscene amount of money there (by they I don't mean only Biden's campaign but also DNC and Bloomberg's PAC).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies