I've read 15 books about the 2020 election...Ask me anything! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:43:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  I've read 15 books about the 2020 election...Ask me anything! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I've read 15 books about the 2020 election...Ask me anything!  (Read 10308 times)
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 01, 2023, 12:59:28 PM »

1) Why did Bernie Sanders do worse in 2020 than in 2016, despite having four years to prepare, near-universal name recognition, and being viewed very positively by Democratic primary voters?
2) What was Kamala Harris's plan after her "that little girl was me" confrontation with Biden in that debate, if any? The attacks on Biden on busing never made much sense, because at some point she would have had to argue that busing was good and should be brought back, which is a position that maybe 10% of the population holds, and the policy was never very popular even in the Black community.
3) Why did polls show a bigger lead for Biden than the final results? The polling miss was even bigger than in 2016, they just got the winner right. By contrast, the polls in 2018 were much closer to the mark (though still of in a few key races), and 2022 had an error in the other direction
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2023, 03:20:23 PM »

What was the point of the Buttigieg campaign? Was there ever a point where he thought he could actually win, or was he just angling for a VP or cabinet spot?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies