Do you prefer Millennials or Gen Z as a generation? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:30:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you prefer Millennials or Gen Z as a generation? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you prefer Millennials or Gen Z as a generation?
Millennials

Gen Z

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 75

Author Topic: Do you prefer Millennials or Gen Z as a generation?  (Read 2556 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: January 31, 2023, 03:00:31 PM »

MILLENNIALS
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 03:46:10 PM »

Isn't that merely a question "which generation do you belong to?"
I bet the few Gen Zers who post on the same emo and hardcore communities as me would vote Millennials. They often complain about their own generation too, lol.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 04:28:10 PM »

Aren’t you a little young to be complaining about “kids these days”?
People younger than me complain about them in my music communities all the time.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2023, 06:56:46 PM »

Isn't that merely a question "which generation do you belong to?"
I bet the few Gen Zers who post on the same emo and hardcore communities as me would vote Millennials. They often complain about their own generation too, lol.

I would assume that by one's late 20s or early 30s, "lewronggeneration" statements would be understood as pointless, but I guess not.

Those are Millennials. I'm talking about people younger than them.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2023, 12:58:40 PM »

Gen Z are a bunch of bullies with their shaming of millennial traits, such as the whole "millennial pause" thing.
They horrify me because of how much the quality of my life would degrade if Gen Z got their way:

-No more mosh pits.
-No music fests that don't include rap.
-Permanent mask mandates everywhere.
-Constantly having to state and specify my pronouns despite having never done this in my life with no issues whatsoever.

A Gen Z dream world would be a f[inks]ing nightmare.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2023, 10:31:21 PM »

They horrify me because of how much the quality of my life would degrade if Gen Z got their way:

-No more mosh pits.
-Constantly having to state and specify my pronouns despite having never done this in my life with no issues whatsoever.

Jesse what the  are you talking about
All of those are things that were unheard of before Gen Z and now I've heard including here. Yes some Gen Zers want to ban moshing and basically enforce social distancing again at least half the year. Yes Gen Zers say not listening to rap is racist. Yes some Gen Zers including on this forum have called for permanent mask mandates ever after Covid. Yes in the last few days even we've had Gen Z posters defend the notion of having to always state and ask for pronouns.

Ten years ago all of those were considered beyond laughable notions.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2023, 03:40:19 PM »

This is just a bunch of transphobic nonsense. Also, how is hip-hop a bad thing(I don't listen to it, but the criticism here is racist).

Because I don't listen to it. Which according to many people is inherently racist and it's impossible to not listen to rap and not be racist.

The "Freedom" narrative against Covid is BS.

I didn't mention that at all. I'm talking about permanent mask mandates even after Covid. However it is worth noting it's been almost a year since any notable areas have had mask mandates and no Covid surge, mask wearing is below 10% where I live (hardly a conservative bastion) and things are fine and functioning like pre-Covid. It's not a "Freedom narrative", it's just acknowledging mask mandates are no longer necessary.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2023, 09:50:40 PM »

Gen Z are a bunch of bullies with their shaming of millennial traits, such as the whole "millennial pause" thing.

-No more mosh pits.

There's a really big live music scene here almost entirely run by the 25 and under age range which barely includes any rap (although most people do listen to rap yeah but that's because they don't have a super narrow music taste). Nobody wears masks anymore. If anything the millennials are more likely to. Open up your mind BRTD.
Then your area is quite different from Gen Zers here and on social media.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2023, 11:27:48 PM »

I also forgot that a lot of Gen Z wants to force me to say "Latinx"
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2023, 02:02:58 PM »

-No more mosh pits.

All of those are things that were unheard of before Gen Z and now I've heard including here. Yes some Gen Zers want to ban moshing and basically enforce social distancing again at least half the year. Yes Gen Zers say not listening to rap is racist. Yes some Gen Zers including on this forum have called for permanent mask mandates ever after Covid. Yes in the last few days even we've had Gen Z posters defend the notion of having to always state and ask for pronouns.

How do I still live rent free in your head?
You never renounced any of your insane such views, just as you never renounced defending Saira Rao or other crazy things you said in your "toxic" incarnation that you admit was toxic but hold the same views as now.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2023, 02:08:52 PM »

-No more mosh pits.

How do I still live rent free in your head?
You never renounced any of your insane such views, just as you never renounced defending Saira Rao or other crazy things you said in your "toxic" incarnation that you admit was toxic but hold the same views as now.
I don't even remember that a Saira Rao exists. Take a chill pill and stop obsessing over some random barely-adult halfway across the country from you.
That's kind of a tacit admission your views are insane, it's just that they don't matter because you're not relevant.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2023, 11:44:41 AM »

Gen Z on mosh pits: https://lambgoat.com/news/38732/trophy-eyes-get-called-out-for-mosh-pits-and-crowd-surfing-respond-appropriately
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2023, 12:32:42 PM »

What else should they do? They're not going to stop people from moshing at their shows because one person didn't like it, that's for sure.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2023, 12:44:33 PM »

Ignore it maybe? Or make sure people who are there to see other bands know about the moshing? It's not unreasonable to be upset at being suddenly put in such a situation.
If you don't like the mosh pit you can easily get out of the way, there's plenty of space at the back of the venue. And anyone who has ever been to a show should know about mosh pits, lol. It's not like the "other band" doesn't have any ever, they covered a Taking Back Sunday song on their most recent tour and someone pointed out the singer posted a picture of herself reaching into the crowd while a guy was crowdsurfing on her Instagram, they're no doubt totally aware of and fine with them, otherwise they wouldn't be touring with Trophy Eyes in the first place.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2023, 08:48:13 PM »

LOL they just kicked ass and had a SICK ASS F(INKS]ING mosh pit!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2023, 10:47:55 PM »

LOL guess what that band she came to see did?
THE SINGER GOT THE CROWD TO START A MOSH PIT!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2023, 11:59:08 PM »

FAMILY GUY CUTAWAY TRIGGER WARNING.

Peter: Hey Lois and Brian, remember that time that one girl complained about how Trophy Eyes were encouraging moshing and crowd surfing when she went to go see Against the Current and then Meg saw Against the Current and they also wanted people to mosh and crowd surf and Meg had a great time?

(Cutaway to a scene of Meg at the Against the Current concert, surrounded by a group of excited fans.)

Meg: Wow, this is amazing! I can't believe I'm actually at an Against the Current concert!

(A group of fans start to push and shove each other, causing Meg to get caught up in the mosh pit.)

Meg: Oh no, I'm getting pushed around!

(Suddenly, Chrissy Costanza, the lead singer of Against the Current, jumps down from the stage and joins the mosh pit.)

Chrissy: Yeah, let's go!

(Meg is thrilled to see Chrissy, and starts to dance along with her and the other fans in the mosh pit.)

Meg: This is so cool! I'm moshing with Chrissy from Against the Current!

(Peter interrupts the cutaway.)

Peter: Yeah, and remember that time when Brian accidentally ate Stewie's science experiment and turned into a talking dog?

Lois: Peter, that never happened.

Peter: Oh, right. I must have been thinking of something else.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2023, 12:13:49 PM »

Let's break down her post:

"First time I ever heard of you guys was the concert in Atlanta tonight and the lead singer kept encouraging mosh pits and crowd surfing,

This is exactly what Against the Current did in Minneapolis.

which made the majority of us, who were there for Against the Current, feel very unsafe and have to go to the sidelines,

Which is very silly because as noted ATC did the same thing and guess what? It doesn't mean all ATC fans had to do that.

which is not fair because we were there before your crazy fans.

Uh, what? Not sure what her point is. Maybe she got up front first, but people disperse all the time at these shows to grab drinks or go to the bathroom, she could totally get up front for ATC again after this (not that she would want to for the reason I mentioned.)

I almost had a panic attack. I didn't even get the chance to find out if I liked your songs because I had to keep worrying about getting kicked in the head."

Is this her first show? Seriously.

Point is she was being ridiculous.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2023, 04:17:27 PM »

Pages: [1]  
Jump to: