I need to consider . . .
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 07:28:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I need to consider . . .
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: I need to consider . . .  (Read 1165 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 28, 2023, 10:00:19 PM »

. . . giving up posting on USGD.

There are 27 subforums on this Forum.  I need to avoid USGD like the plague and focus on the more substantial forums. 

That is all.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 10:05:48 PM »

hell ya bro hang out on this section and post nonsense w me, its the best part of being on this web site
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2023, 01:08:17 PM »

You spent all day of Thanksgiving obsessively spamming the forum complaining about Ferguson97, and you spent Christmas Day complaining about Vlodomir Zelenskyy.  Perhaps the problem isn't just the USGD subforum specifically, but rather… you?

Or take Young Texan's advice and retreat further into the safe space bubble y'all created.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2023, 03:10:57 PM »

...dropping out of Talk Elections entirely?  Yes, I think you should definitely consider it. 
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2023, 03:26:56 PM »

You spent all day of Thanksgiving obsessively spamming the forum complaining about Ferguson97, and you spent Christmas Day complaining about Vlodomir Zelenskyy.  Perhaps the problem isn't just the USGD subforum specifically, but rather… you?

Or take Young Texan's advice and retreat further into the safe space bubble y'all created.

I mean, it’s not a bubble lol. But call it whatever you want.

Does it have any non-conservatives (or non-"libertarians") frequently posting there?  (Honest question; I genuinely don't know.)
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2023, 07:17:12 PM »

"Going in to the USGD to blame their life's problems on Fuzzy Bear" is 90% of the reason red avatars get out of the bed in the morning.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2023, 08:08:00 PM »

I go to discord to hang with friends.  I go there for one reason; I come here for another.

They're my friends over there.  You're my enemy.  I don't use that word lightly, but, quite frankly, you are an awful human being.  Now Jesus told believers "Love your enemies."  Any good will you receive from me comes from my obedience to that Scripture.

Ferguson97 deserved everything he got.  He was sanctioned for beyond the pale personal attacks on my with a mute on only one forum, on the basis that he did his damage only on that forum.  So imagine my response when i found the same personal attack made by him in the Forum Community forum.  It's too late and he got away with his personal attack without missing a day of posting.  And you defent him and apologize for him.  You're fine with what he said, and fine that he was, for all intents and purposes, unsanctioned.  It was a case of a lighter penalty for a Red Avatar and the reason you didn't like my posts is that you've personally attacked posters in ways that violate the ToS and nothing happened to you.

USGD is the land of Red Avatars formulating and maintaining false narratives, and launching vicious personal attacks against those who try to interrupt those narratives.  I can't persuade any number of people to be decent and reasonable in their interactions with other people, but I can decide to do what's good for my mental health.  There are other forums that do have more substantive discussion, and I've figured out that if I post there and ProudModerate2 comes to troll me, he'll come off as the ignorant troll he is, because the discussions are more substantive and transpartisan in other Forums.  You deserve the sewer of USGD; you're a big reason it is the kind of subforum it is.

I don't need an echo chamber.  Unlike you, I can stand alone and defend my position without needing to mobilize others to dogpile people (as you and a number of Red Avatars do).  But I have decided what's good for me.  You can have USGD to yourself. 
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2023, 08:23:39 PM »

I go to discord to hang with friends.  I go there for one reason; I come here for another.

They're my friends over there.  You're my enemy.  I don't use that word lightly, but, quite frankly, you are an awful human being.

I stopped reading right here, so you could have saved yourself all that time and effort typing out everything that followed.  Though I know how much pleasure it seems to give you to type endless reams of useless blather.

I sincerely hope my twilight years aren't spent as utterly miserably as you are evidently spending yours.  You're the embodiment of a cautionary tale for the rest of us.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2023, 08:27:30 PM »

They're my friends over there.  You're my enemy.  I don't use that word lightly, but, quite frankly, you are an awful human being.

I stopped reading right here, so you could have saved yourself all that time and effort typing out everything that followed.  Though I know how much pleasure it seems to give you to type endless reams of useless blather.

I sincerely hope my twilight years aren't spent as utterly miserably as you are evidently spending yours.  You're the embodiment of a cautionary tale for the rest of us.

Opinions vary.  If I've kept you from being a 100% FF on some poll, too bad.

You've earned you status with me.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2023, 09:41:24 PM »

You're my enemy.  I don't use that word lightly, but, quite frankly, you are an awful human being.

Jesus Christ dude. If you're taking anything here this seriously, you should probably take a break from the whole site.

And as you know, I would say the same thing to anyone who said that sentence about any other poster...
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2023, 11:38:08 PM »

I mean, it’s not a bubble lol. But call it whatever you want.

Does it have any non-conservatives (or non-"libertarians") frequently posting there?  (Honest question; I genuinely don't know.)

Ask YT how much he’s annoyed by DeSantis fans on there
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2023, 11:44:17 PM »

So the answer to my question appears to be "no".
Thank you for being a friend...
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2023, 11:53:14 PM »

I'm not aware of any other political forums although I'm sure there are some out there.  Most likely not with the nice format that this one has though.

One thing about this Atlas forum that I like is that it's kept simple.  The format is old-looking, like something from the late 1990s, but that's part of the appeal.

Whenever I find myself arguing with one of the posters, or strongly disagreeing with them, I usually send them a personal message introducing myself.

I've done that with several very conservative posters (I'm not going to name them), and it's just a way of letting them know that I'm here to make friends.  I'm not here to make people feel bad or feel angry.  I'm going to stand up for what I believe in, but I don't want to make those that disagree hate me either.

This might sound weird but in a way this forum is a part of our lives.  It might just be a site on the Internet we go to every now and then, but it is probably our own unique way of feeling empowered to talk about political issues.

None of us as far as I know have any power the way elected officials do or the political elites do... this is our one place year-round to feel like we have some kind of say.

If we die tomorrow, at least we can say we contributed to the national dialogue (through this forum).
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2023, 11:58:30 PM »

So the answer to my question appears to be "no".

Btw there are some non-conservatives/non libertarians posting on there so the answer to that question is yes. Anyway the cord usually has fierce debates over:

1. What Conservatism should stand for(like the cord has a good deal of libertarians, neocons, populist right wings , generic center right types , religious right types so pretty much every branch of conservatism is represented on there)

2. As a result of # 1, we have a lot of debates what policies the GOP should stand for

3. Of Course DeSantis vs Trump is a huge debate on there given the 2024 primaries

4. A lot of Historical Debates as well

Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2023, 01:31:05 AM »

hell ya bro hang out on this section and post nonsense w me, its the best part of being on this web site

Well he does that in USGD and Talk Elections Q & A already. So he'd still be writing nonsense, just in a different board.

In all seriousness, I do think I'd get along with Fuzzy *a bit better* if he avoided getting into nasty discussions in USGD so much. I've curtailed my posting there quite a lot (I've actually curtailed my posting on this forum quite a lot), and I've found it to have had a positive effect.

Lastly, this thread breaks The Rule, Fuzzy. As an "Atlas Superstar" who's been here for over a decade, you should know better.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2023, 01:36:33 AM »

You're my enemy.  I don't use that word lightly, but, quite frankly, you are an awful human being. 

Jesus Christ (especially appropriate given the little Jesus quote you put in after that). Well, I suppose now I feel quite a bit better about considering you an awful human being. Until now I've always felt a little guilty about doing so, thinking you might not be a bad person outside of your politics, but if you're willing to consider people you're "enemies" and "awful human beings" over political disagreements, I suppose (your politics aside) you are, in fact, an awful human being.

I can stand alone and defend my position

Only because you provided such an excellent opportunity for my doing so: You've said dozens of times the 2020 election was "stolen" from Trump. Since you can "defend your position," I will ask you for evidence (you see, claims - claims made by anyone, red avatar, blue avatar, friend, enemy, conservative hero or liberal scum - are typically supported by evidence in order to be considered credible).
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2023, 06:26:24 AM »

...dropping out of Talk Elections entirely?  Yes, I think you should definitely consider it. 

So you can post lies about me, as you have before?

Sorry, but it's not happening.

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2023, 07:00:51 AM »

Jesus Christ (especially appropriate given the little Jesus quote you put in after that). Well, I suppose now I feel quite a bit better about considering you an awful human being. Until now I've always felt a little guilty about doing so, thinking you might not be a bad person outside of your politics, but if you're willing to consider people you're "enemies" and "awful human beings" over political disagreements, I suppose (your politics aside) you are, in fact, an awful human being.

I can stand alone and defend my position

Only because you provided such an excellent opportunity for my doing so: You've said dozens of times the 2020 election was "stolen" from Trump. Since you can "defend your position," I will ask you for evidence (you see, claims - claims made by anyone, red avatar, blue avatar, friend, enemy, conservative hero or liberal scum - are typically supported by evidence in order to be considered credible).

https://amgreatness.com/2022/04/08/applying-international-standards-to-2020-elections/

https://will-law.org/teigen-v-wisconsin-elections-commission/

https://www.wpr.org/gableman-report-calls-decertifying-2020-election-legislatures-nonpartisan-lawyers-say-thats-not

I've posted these before.  I have not said "Trump Won!"  I am disappointed that the SCOTUS did not consider cases that involve Constitutional questions that remain today.  I have said that the conduct of the 2020 election was a rigging of the entire process by changing the way people vote, censoring relevant information on Social Media, etc.  The process WAS rigged, and every break went one way.  And the conduct of the media, Democratic officials, Big Tech, etc. give people every right to think that way.  (To this very day they wish to censor the public meltdown of a Pfizer exec who said the quiet part out loud about what Pfizer does.)

I don't feel the way I do about Joe Republic because he disagrees with me politically.  I feel the way I feel about him because of years of unwarranted personal attacks.  He signed off on Ferguson97's personal attacks on me, and presents the issue as my being upset at the leniency of the sanction.

Perhaps I should be more like the late mother of a Pastor of mine.  This woman prayed for years for a co-worker to get Saved.  Now this co-worker was not a nice person; in addition to being an unbeliever, she had a nasty persona, and was nasty to this woman (who worked well into her 80s).  And her diligence was rewarded; the woman not only got saved, but she expressed sincere regret for treating her like crap for so long.  Not every case of praying for your enemies works out that way, to be sure.  I am going to have to consider it.  But Joe Republic isn't someone who is a decent person with whom I disagree.  He's someone who's trashed me over time.  That's not OK. 
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2023, 08:50:15 AM »

Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2023, 10:19:25 AM »

They're my friends over there.  You're my enemy.  I don't use that word lightly, but, quite frankly, you are an awful human being.  Now Jesus told believers "Love your enemies."  Any good will you receive from me comes from my obedience to that Scripture.

Ferguson97 deserved everything he got.  He was sanctioned for beyond the pale personal attacks on my with a mute on only one forum, on the basis that he did his damage only on that forum.  So imagine my response when i found the same personal attack made by him in the Forum Community forum.  It's too late and he got away with his personal attack without missing a day of posting.  And you defent him and apologize for him.  You're fine with what he said, and fine that he was, for all intents and purposes, unsanctioned.  It was a case of a lighter penalty for a Red Avatar and the reason you didn't like my posts is that you've personally attacked posters in ways that violate the ToS and nothing happened to you.

USGD is the land of Red Avatars formulating and maintaining false narratives, and launching vicious personal attacks against those who try to interrupt those narratives.  I can't persuade any number of people to be decent and reasonable in their interactions with other people, but I can decide to do what's good for my mental health.  There are other forums that do have more substantive discussion, and I've figured out that if I post there and ProudModerate2 comes to troll me, he'll come off as the ignorant troll he is, because the discussions are more substantive and transpartisan in other Forums.  You deserve the sewer of USGD; you're a big reason it is the kind of subforum it is.

I don't need an echo chamber.  Unlike you, I can stand alone and defend my position without needing to mobilize others to dogpile people (as you and a number of Red Avatars do).  But I have decided what's good for me.  You can have USGD to yourself. 

this is the funniest thing I’ve read all week lmao (in a tragicomic sense)
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2023, 03:08:22 PM »

wings with light seasoning baked at 400 degrees for a while

then tossed in:

good portion of frank's hot sauce
packet of taco bell diablo sauce
a little sweet baby ray's
dash of soy sauce
half a shot of kentucky gentleman whiskey
decent dash of crushed red pepper
generous black pepper
decent dash of curry powder
generous paprika
decent dash of chili powder
sprinkle of old bay
healthy dash of italian seasoning
pinch of cilantro

then baked again at 350 degrees

EDIT: Oops! Sorry wrong thread, gonna leave this up though in case anyone needs a recipe!
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2023, 11:08:48 PM »

man i wish we could all just come together as americans and get along and stuff man i dont get the animosity and all that on here and in the country as a whole sometimes

its real unfortunate
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2023, 01:43:17 AM »
« Edited: January 31, 2023, 03:23:28 AM by Joe Republic »

I don't feel the way I do about Joe Republic because he disagrees with me politically.  I feel the way I feel about him because of years of unwarranted personal attacks.  He signed off on Ferguson97's personal attacks on me, and presents the issue as my being upset at the leniency of the sanction.

To this day I have no idea what Ferguson said about you, because the mods took quick and decisive action to delete it.  All we ever see now is your whining about the incident incessantly for months, without ever actually seeing specifically what it is you're whining about.

And given how you have repeatedly lied and exaggerated about the details of certain personal attacks I've made about you that were subsequently deleted, I don't see why I should believe your version of events here.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2023, 04:50:03 AM »
« Edited: January 31, 2023, 07:43:55 AM by Meclazine »

man i wish we could all just come together as americans and get along and stuff man i dont get the animosity and all that on here and in the country as a whole sometimes

its real unfortunate

Some people prefer conflict and hate.

That moment Ferguson first comes across Fuzzy in the USGD.

Initial Contact

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cn9veGbKHcQ/

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2023, 11:40:17 AM »
« Edited: January 31, 2023, 12:30:50 PM by Badger »

You spent all day of Thanksgiving obsessively spamming the forum complaining about Ferguson97, and you spent Christmas Day complaining about Vlodomir Zelenskyy.  Perhaps the problem isn't just the USGD subforum specifically, but rather… you?

I go to discord to hang with friends.  I go there for one reason; I come here for another.

They're my friends over there.  You're my enemy.  I don't use that word lightly, but, quite frankly, you are an awful human being.  Now Jesus told believers "Love your enemies."  Any good will you receive from me comes from my obedience to that Scripture.

You should have stopped there.

No, I take that back. You should have stopped after your first two sentence line. The subsequent passive aggressive "f@#k you, but have a blessed day" BS was both hypocritical and grossly unnecessary.

I really tried resisting the urge to jump into this pissing contest, honestly, but I wanted to try explaining how your post proved Joe's Point rather than refuted it. Maybe reconsider that the problem really is you?

To that point I would merely point out the following. Think of the people whom I have butted heads with the most on this forum and of whom I'm, to put it mildly, clearly not a fan. I don't need to mention names, but there have been significant disputes between us over the years. And yet, in no manner shape or form do I consider any of them "my enemy". That would Elevate their role in my life many degrees higher than their actual status. Which actually is " someone on an internet forum whom I greatly disagree with and don't have a high opinion of."

Now, resist the urge to walk back what you said about Joe being your "enemy". There's no need to get involved in face saving for online debates sake. Just be honest with yourself if nothing else. My point being that if you take anyone on Atlas serious enough, be it joe, ferguson, myself, whomever, to even generally consider them your "enemy", even just within the context of Atlas, then whether you are right or wrong or somewhere in between in your feelings and the actions of those other persons, then you are still definitely taking this place way too seriously.

And that, Fuzzy, perhaps indicates that indeed some time off would be beneficial. I had an involuntary but helpful four day vacation which, as short as it was still offered worthwhile reflection. Whether yours involves avoiding usgd or the form entirely for some period of time to regain perspective is up to you. But yes I believe that your instincts telling you that some form of self-imposed restraint / disconnect from Atlas might be necessary for a period is likely a wise choice.

My two cents fwiw.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies