Has the hype for DeSantis faded?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:11:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Has the hype for DeSantis faded?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Has the hype for DeSantis faded?  (Read 1390 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2023, 02:08:17 AM »

He’s an unserious candidate. 66% of this country has not heard the man speak, once they do he will fade out.

He's the sitting governor of the third most populous state and won reelection in a landslide. Whatever your personal opinion of him is, he is absolutely a serious candidate.
 The left wants DeSantis because they can paint him as a radical on COVID and other things. YT is right most of the country doesn't know him yet. Trump is a known quantity. People know he will be good on the economy whatever they think of him personally and that's his advantage with the coming recession.
You think DeSantis views on some culture war issues will be viewed as more out of the mainstream than Jan 6th/Election denialism.
No one cares about Jan 6th besides MSNBC viewers. Abortion and McConnell bailing on GOP candidates is mostly what happened in the midterms. Dobbs impact was greater than people thought it would be.

Go ahead, keep running on election denialism. See where it gets you.
So called “election denialism” isn’t the reason why candidates lost. PA and WI have similar partisan leans and the outcomes were 6 points apart, yet Oz claimed Biden won legitimately, while Johnson is one of the biggest supporters of Jan 6. Incumbency isn’t worth 6 points, and Fetterman was no better a candidate than Barnes.

The unpleasant truth for republicans is they have not learned how to vote by mail, and their leaders reject the premise. I don’t like the concept of mail voting but it’s not going away. Need to embrace it.

Mastriano and Lake lost in part due to their election denialism.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2023, 02:11:56 AM »

He’s an unserious candidate. 66% of this country has not heard the man speak, once they do he will fade out.

He's the sitting governor of the third most populous state and won reelection in a landslide. Whatever your personal opinion of him is, he is absolutely a serious candidate.
 The left wants DeSantis because they can paint him as a radical on COVID and other things. YT is right most of the country doesn't know him yet. Trump is a known quantity. People know he will be good on the economy whatever they think of him personally and that's his advantage with the coming recession.
You think DeSantis views on some culture war issues will be viewed as more out of the mainstream than Jan 6th/Election denialism.
No one cares about Jan 6th besides MSNBC viewers. Abortion and McConnell bailing on GOP candidates is mostly what happened in the midterms. Dobbs impact was greater than people thought it would be.

Go ahead, keep running on election denialism. See where it gets you.
So called “election denialism” isn’t the reason why candidates lost. PA and WI have similar partisan leans and the outcomes were 6 points apart, yet Oz claimed Biden won legitimately, while Johnson is one of the biggest supporters of Jan 6. Incumbency isn’t worth 6 points, and Fetterman was no better a candidate than Barnes.

The unpleasant truth for republicans is they have not learned how to vote by mail, and their leaders reject the premise. I don’t like the concept of mail voting but it’s not going away. Need to embrace it.

Mastriano and Lake lost in part due to their election denialism.
Mastriano lost for a hundred reasons, the largest of which were that he had no ability to fundraise himself, and the RGA triaged him.

Lake didn’t lose because of her opinions of 2020. She lost because Arizona is trending democratic, rural republican voters don’t show up outside of presidential years, because she wasted time campaigning and fundraising for Masters (who was a poor candidate), and because some bitter McCain deadenders in Maricopa cry themselves to sleep every night about Trump.
Mechavada
The News

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2023, 01:24:04 PM »

Hot steaming turd take: there is always a successful Republican Governor of X state who overperforms by a ridiculous margin who gets an undue amount of hype about running for President.  We saw this back in 2013 before Chris Christie punished his political rivals with Bridgegate, we also saw it with John I Hate Fargo Kasich in Ohio, and we're probably seeing it now with DeSantis.  Is his win impressive?  Yes.  Is 2024 the right time for him to run?  Probably not.  He's still in his early forties, he just started his second term, he needs to go for more accolades and if he's still in good graces try for 2028.

Besides, as I've said previously, the only thing that would happen if he runs and somehow wins the GOP nomination in 2024 is that Lil Donnie Trump will get upset, cry like a four year old, and mount a third party bid.  Mark my words gent: Donnie is holding the GOP nomination HOSTAGE.  He's holding the GOP at large HOSTAGE with his continued threats and insinuations that he will go third party if he doesn't get his way.  He will either become the nominee and go onto lose bigly (yet again) and cry until he dies while choking on a Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich in 2025 or he will go third party and cost whoever gets the nomination the presidency.

Which would be why I would suggest to any sane Republicans: if you have video of a Russian transgender hooker peeing on Donald Trump's face in a Moscow hotel.. . . . . . just leak that now.  As long as this parasite lives he will cause carnage to your party on a level no Democrat could ever manage!
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2023, 03:39:17 PM »

I think temporarily since he hasn't announced a run but if he decides to run, it'll likely be amped by a lot and then some.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2023, 03:55:19 PM »

I think temporarily since he hasn't announced a run but if he decides to run, it'll likely be amped by a lot and then some.

We have no decision yet on the Docugate and Harris and Desantis are the only ones untouched, we know what happened to Hillary after polls showed she was fine she Lost on Docugate

We are on wait and see for Docugate
Florida Paleoconservative
Rookie
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2023, 03:45:44 PM »

This, essentially. We'll probably see much of the post-Midterm hype rejuvenated once he declares this summer, as we get inch closer to the 2024 election cycle.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2023, 06:36:19 PM »

Probably not. Though I still feel he'll end up like Perry/Christie/Walker-redux when all is said and done
Florida Paleoconservative
Rookie
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2023, 06:58:34 PM »

Probably not. Though I still feel he'll end up like Perry/Christie/Walker-redux when all is said and done
Rick Perry was based. I wish he hadn't fumbled up the debates; it'd have been so much better for him to win the nomination, rather than the basically-liberal Romney.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies