Stacey Abrams adviser said burning police car, smashing windows isn't 'violence'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Stacey Abrams adviser said burning police car, smashing windows isn't 'violence'
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Stacey Abrams adviser said burning police car, smashing windows isn't 'violence'  (Read 1987 times)
Redban

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 25, 2023, 11:39:17 AM »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/stacey-abrams-adviser-said-burning-224646116.html

A top adviser for Stacey Abrams' voting rights nonprofit defended anti-cop activists who set a police car ablaze and smashed windows while protesting the death of an environmental activist this past weekend in Atlanta.

Marisa Pyle, a senior rapid response manager at Abrams' Fair Fight Action, who also worked as a senior manager for Abrams' One Georgia leadership committee during her most recent failed Georgia gubernatorial run, rushed to defend the anti-police protesters and the ensuing chaos.

"You cannot commit violence against a window or a car. Killing a human? Now that, that is violence," Pyle wrote on Twitter this past weekend. "Shame on Atlanta's leaders who fall into the same tired path of protecting property while our people are murdered by their police."
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 12:58:02 PM »

BREAKING NEWS!
Man on the street has opinion about something.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2023, 01:04:54 PM »

Sounds like another reason Abrams will never be a high-profile elected official.
Redban

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2023, 01:06:16 PM »

BREAKING NEWS!

brb Marisa Pyle = man

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2023, 01:23:29 PM »

Ok. And what?
Redban

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2023, 01:25:55 PM »

views of Stacey Abrams' top adviser  = "And what?"
BenjiG98
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.00, S: -2.26

P P P
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2023, 01:29:38 PM »

I'm a nobody with a few controversial opinions. Where's my thread? I want to hear people whine about me and try to make big deals over nothing.
Redban

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2023, 01:32:29 PM »

I'm a nobody with a few controversial opinions. Where's my thread? I want to hear people whine about me and try to make big deals over nothing.

So Abrams, a major political figure for the Dems, has a top adviser who expresses this ludicrous idea, and you think it's nothing (it's not like it reflects Abrams' character or judgment or anything ... it's just the views of a top adviser for a prominent Democrat who once came within an inch of winning governorship of a state that has 11 million people ... yeah, it's nothing)

Just say it outright -- "I like the Dems, and anything bad they say must be considered nothing"
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2023, 01:34:05 PM »

Awful opinion.
BenjiG98
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.00, S: -2.26

P P P
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2023, 02:13:23 PM »

So Abrams, a major political figure for the Dems, has a top adviser who expresses this ludicrous idea, and you think it's nothing (it's not like it reflects Abrams' character or judgment or anything ... it's just the views of a top adviser for a prominent Democrat who once came within an inch of winning governorship of a state that has 11 million people ... yeah, it's nothing)

Just say it outright -- "I like the Dems, and anything bad they say must be considered nothing"
Hardly. I'm just pointing out how pointless it is to make threads to nitpick everything every political figure on Earth says. We get it. They have a bad opinion. Why do you need to post it? To try and stir up more unnecessary controversy and drama? Is this really something worthy of discussion? Is it not a conversation we've had dozens if not hundreds of times already? It's redundant and repetitive, and incredibly moronic.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2023, 03:24:16 PM »

"Someone who nobody ever heard of, who once did some work with a failed Democratic politician who will never be elected to another office (and never has been more than a state legislator), has a bad opinion" is just not going get people too fired up.

Stacey Abrams's brief window of notability is long passed. This random nobody who supported her failed run for governor will remain a random nobody. It would be good if she improved her opinions, but ultimately who cares?
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2023, 03:25:38 PM »

BREAKING NEWS!

brb Marisa Pyle = man

Exactly how I expected her to look.
Redban

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2023, 03:32:47 PM »

"Someone who nobody ever heard of, who once did some work with a failed Democratic politician who will never be elected to another office (and never has been more than a state legislator), has a bad opinion" is just not going get people too fired up.

Stacey Abrams's brief window of notability is long passed. This random nobody who supported her failed run for governor will remain a random nobody. It would be good if she improved her opinions, but ultimately who cares?

She didn't just "do some work" for Abrams. She was a top adviser. stop trying to twist the facts and make the story seem less bad for your party.

you belittle Abrams now because it's convenient for your party. She came within a whisker of becoming Georgia governor, she was given numerous major primetime speaking spots for the DNC, she campaigned hard for Biden in 2020 (and was credited for his narrow win in GA). She was a huge part of the Dem party, and that she had this person as her top adviser therefore reflects badly on your party. That's why your "who cares?" sentiment is just as foolish as the opinion offered by Abrams' top adviser
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2023, 03:36:37 PM »

I think the OP is getting too wound up in the word top. Lots of people "advise" any given politician.
Redban

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2023, 03:41:37 PM »

I think the OP is getting too wound up in the word top. Lots of people "advise" any given politician.

This wouldn't qualify as "top" adviser? She was a "senior" rapid response manager and "senior" manager for Abrams One Georgia gubernatorial campaign? Keep on coping

https://www.yahoo.com/now/stacey-abrams-adviser-said-burning-224646116.html

"Marisa Pyle, a senior rapid response manager at Abrams' Fair Fight Action, who also worked as a senior manager for Abrams' One Georgia leadership"

certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2023, 03:44:12 PM »

Sh!t take, but literally who cares?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2023, 03:45:22 PM »

No, those job titles make her sound even less important than just ambiguously calling her a "top adviser."

Managers are usually several levels below the top of organizations. Abrams probably knows who she is, but I doubt they are having one-on-one strategy sessions or anything. And these Tweets came just this weekend, 2 months after Abrams lost her final election!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2023, 03:49:35 PM »

She didn't just "do some work" for Abrams. She was a top adviser.

Oh, that changes everything.
CHECKMATE LIBTARDS!
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2023, 03:52:08 PM »

Are we also talking about top Trump adviers then? Some were criminally charged and convicted.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2023, 04:13:07 PM »

You all stay angry at Stacey Abrams even though that she lost both her races. So angry that you are triggered over what former staffers of hers said. Republicans have a tendency to be sore winners.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2023, 04:47:24 PM »

"You cannot commit violence against a window or a car. Killing a human? Now that, that is violence,"

True.
gerritcole
goatofalltrades

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2023, 04:50:03 PM »

If an inanimate object cannot have violence committed onto it, can that same object commit violence, in other words, do guns kill people?Huh?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2023, 04:50:28 PM »

"You cannot commit violence against a window or a car. Killing a human? Now that, that is violence,"

True.

That's a good point when you consider so many people value material things over people.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2023, 05:02:27 PM »

Are we also talking about top Trump adviers then? Some were criminally charged and convicted.

The Hell with trump's top advisers ... what about trump himself?
He was the President of the United States. Seen as leader of the democratic world. In a position to affect so many here and abroad.

And he was a mentally ill, narcissistic buffoon, who created massive issues for our nation and even extended his moronic problems to our NATO allies around the globe.
But of course right-wing, trump cultists (who the OP is probably part of) does not care about all that, as he supported/voted for said disaster and very dangerous individual.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2023, 06:05:42 PM »

BREAKING NEWS!

brb Marisa Pyle = man

Exactly how I expected her to look.

...huh? What does this even mean?

Did you expect her to be nonwhite? Did you expect her to have short hair? Did you expect her to have glasses?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies