SB 113-33: Anonymous Eating Act (Passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:21:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 113-33: Anonymous Eating Act (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: SB 113-33: Anonymous Eating Act (Passed)  (Read 881 times)
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 25, 2023, 08:24:50 AM »
« edited: February 15, 2023, 12:25:36 PM by Mr. Reactionary »

ANONYMOUS EATING ACT

1. It shall be unlawful for any person, or the officers, employees, or agents thereof, who operates in Atlasian commerce by selling food, beverages, or other groceries at retail to customers, to sell or share customer purchase data unless such data is entirely anonymized or masked to protect the identity of the customer or if presented with a valid warrant.

2. A violation of this act shall be a misdemeanor punishable by disgorgement of any profits, imprisonment for no more than one (1) year, and a fine of $10,000.00 per individual person whose data was sold. Any data collected in violation of this paragraph shall be subject to forfeiture.

3. A customer whose location was unlawfully shared or sold pursuant to this act may maintain a civil action to recover actual damages, punitive damages of up to $10,000, reasonable legal costs, and any equitable relief necessary to enforce this act.

4. This act shall take effect 30 days from the date of passage.

Sponsor: Greg
Debate on this bill is now open.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 08:52:44 AM »

This appears to set data privacy protections for grocery store customers.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2023, 08:12:14 PM »

Is there the possibility the proposed act can be expanded to include the possibility of eating alone in public places, given I remember during lunch time at school you were obligated to eat in public which i didn't want. Given the act is named "anonymous eating" this would apply to it.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2023, 03:07:24 PM »

Proposed amendment:

1. It shall be unlawful for any person, or the officers, employees, or agents thereof, who operates in Atlasian commerce by selling food, beverages, or other groceries at retail to customers, to sell or share customer purchase data unless such data is entirely anonymized or masked to protect the identity of the customer or if presented with a valid warrant.

2. A violation of this act shall be a misdemeanor punishable by disgorgement of any profits, imprisonment for no more than one (1) year, and a fine of $10,000.00 per individual person whose data was sold. Any data collected in violation of this paragraph shall be subject to forfeiture.

3. A customer whose location was unlawfully shared or sold pursuant to this act may maintain a civil action to recover actual damages, punitive damages of up to $10,000, reasonable legal costs, and any equitable relief necessary to enforce this act.

4. Schools should provide the possibility for students to eat in private, without other students being around. Schools shall not force students to eat with other students or wherever they don't want to eat. Doing so will be seen as an act of emotional abuse.

4. 5. This act shall take effect 30 days from the date of passage.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2023, 03:08:33 PM »

24 hours to object.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2023, 05:37:25 PM »

I object, not because I disagree with the aim but how it could be interpreted.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2023, 05:43:12 PM »

Objection noted. I will open a vote around midnight when the peru amendment closes.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2023, 01:53:29 AM »

Will you explain your reasoning here, or what I need to do to improve the act/amendment.

Is there a way the "aim" can be achieved, while handling your concerns with regards to interpretation?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2023, 06:16:16 AM »

Will you explain your reasoning here, or what I need to do to improve the act/amendment.

Is there a way the "aim" can be achieved, while handling your concerns with regards to interpretation?

Maybe without the 2nd sentence? Not sure if that would absolve UNLs concern, just guessing.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2023, 10:57:27 AM »

Maybe without the 2nd sentence? Not sure if that would absolve UNLs concern, just guessing.

I ask because it could maybe be fixed with different wording / a different sentence.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2023, 12:34:43 PM »

I feel like the amendment could encourage skipping school. What happens when a student says that where they want to eat isn't on school property?
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2023, 12:45:43 PM »

I feel like the amendment could encourage skipping school. What happens when a student says that where they want to eat isn't on school property?

What i try to do is open the possibility to eat alone in class, or eat in an exclusive room for people who have the need to do that, so would be an amendment to deal with mental health issues given some people simply don't like the crowdness of a dining room.

https://www.beenaroundtheglobe.com/solomangarephobia-fear-eating-alone/

There is a name for it called solomangarephobia which means the fear of eating alone in public. With crowded dining rooms, you risk not having the place to sit on table with people you know which was something I dealt with at school, that's what the amendment tries to do, solve this issue.

I need to clarify one thing. Those who have solomangarephobia have absolutely no problems eating alone at home, but it’s almost impossible for them to eat alone in public, at the restaurant. But… why!?

An act about "anonymous eating" could use such an amendment.

Feel free to fix the amendment or amend the amendment, but I want something that deals with this to pass.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2023, 06:21:51 AM »

A vote on the Laki Amendment is now open until Friday at noon eastern. Please vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2023, 06:36:28 AM »

Nay.

I believe this section ("Schools shall not force students to eat with other students or wherever they don't want to eat. Doing so will be seen as an act of emotional abuse.") is too broad.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2023, 06:55:24 AM »

Aye
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2023, 10:26:36 AM »

Abstain
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2023, 10:27:37 AM »

Abstain
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2023, 05:38:03 PM »

I'm going to vote aye and propose an amendment based off Laki's amendment to better define the act.

Proposed amendment:

4. Schools should provide the possibility for students to eat in private, without other students being around. Schools shall not force students to eat with other students or wherever they don't want to eat. Doing so will be seen as an act of emotional abuse.

4a. Violation of a student's request to eat alone will be punishable by a fine of up to 1,000 dollars, or 16 hours of community service.

4b. Should a student request to eat alone, a classroom, or other room dedicated for this purpose, will be provided. No student will be allowed to eat off school property unless accompanied by a parent.

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2023, 05:50:05 PM »

24 hours to object to the Enduro Amendment
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2023, 05:51:16 PM »

Friendly to the Enduro amendment.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2023, 12:02:34 AM »

Aye
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2023, 09:42:06 AM »

Aye
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2023, 12:15:24 PM »

Amendment adopted 4-1-2-11
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2023, 12:19:20 AM »

I'm going to vote aye and propose an amendment based off Laki's amendment to better define the act.

Proposed amendment:

4. Schools should provide the possibility for students to eat outside of the school cafeteria. Schools shall not force students to eat with other students if the student has a concern about mental health, bullying, or loneliness. Forcing a student with concerns to eat lunch with other students will be seen as an act of emotional abuse. For the purposes of this provision, eating school lunch in a bathroom is not protected under this act.

4a. Violation of a student's request to eat alone will be punishable by a fine of up to 1,000 dollars,   or 16 hours of community service.

4b. Should a student request to eat alone, a student may decide to eat lunch in a nearby park, classroom or other area allowed for this purpose.

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2023, 05:26:53 AM »

24 hours to object.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to: