Sprystrategies/SCPolicyCouncil: DeSantis +19 over Trump in SC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 07:59:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Sprystrategies/SCPolicyCouncil: DeSantis +19 over Trump in SC
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sprystrategies/SCPolicyCouncil: DeSantis +19 over Trump in SC  (Read 519 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 24, 2023, 11:38:29 AM »

The differences between the state and national polls have a weird resemblance to 2007 with Trump being in a similar position as Giuliani here .
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 02:26:25 PM »

Usually you would expect South Carolina be a good state for DeSantis? However, I have my doubts this is accurate, especially with the national polls showing largely a different picture. At this state, most polls are pointless anyway, because we're extremely early in the cycle and don't know how a DeSantis campaign would even look like.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2023, 02:28:09 PM »

Usually you would expect South Carolina be a good state for DeSantis? However, I have my doubts this is accurate, especially with the national polls showing largely a different picture. At this state, most polls are pointless anyway, because we're extremely early in the cycle and don't know how a DeSantis campaign would even look like.

Btw Giuliani in 2007 always did really well in national polls but always did much worse in the polls from the early 4 and that eventually was his downfall .

The early 4 is really what matters the most at  this moment rather than national polls given how much primaries are based on momentum given that all 50 states don’t vote at once
Medal506
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2023, 05:11:12 PM »

I don’t understand why people think Trump would be the default if DeSantis falls. Why not someone like Greg Abbott or someone else other than Trump?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 06:53:31 PM »

I don’t understand why people think Trump would be the default if DeSantis falls. Why not someone like Greg Abbott or someone else other than Trump?

Because Trump is a cult leader and has a solid base within the Republican Party.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2023, 10:07:21 AM »

Why do you keep bringing up Abbott? The dude is a bland standard politician that inspired nobody for prez. Even if somehow nominated, he'd be an underdog.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2023, 02:33:59 PM »

Really funny to see these conservative establishment polling firms put out numbers like this. Credit where credit is due, they are working their tails off to get DeSantis elected, no matter how many fake polls they need to publish.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2023, 02:37:30 PM »

Really funny to see these conservative establishment polling firms put out numbers like this. Credit where credit is due, they are working their tails off to get DeSantis elected, no matter how many fake polls they need to publish.

Kind of reminds me about a ton of right-wing pollsters in the closing weeks of the 2022 campaign to form a certain narrative, most notably Washington senate.

The most annoying take of the establishment and media is that DeSandwich is some NeverTrumper standard conservative, when he clearly is not.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies