Is the South seceding? And does the federal executive/legislative branches support it? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:46:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Is the South seceding? And does the federal executive/legislative branches support it? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is the South seceding? And does the federal executive/legislative branches support it?  (Read 1891 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« on: January 24, 2023, 03:22:47 AM »

The amendment does not remove the South from Atlasia automatically, it merely calls on Southern Legislators to begin negotiations with Nyman on the South's status within Atlasia. It also leaves open the possibility of a "soft exit", under which the South could retain voting rights but be exempt from many federal laws. I think it's far too early to tell what the final outcome of this will be. Given the lack of energy many people seem to put in this game, it could end up just fizzling out and resulting in literally nothing.

As far as the positions of those of us not in the South, I think we're all kind of bewildered that it actually passed and figuring out what should happen next.

I strongly oppose giving them special status either within Atlasia or as a 'partnership' betwen countries. The federal government needs to take a stand here and make them accept they will lose the benefits of being in Atlasia if they leave.

I won't speak for Weatherboy or Forumlurker, but I would likely ignore any secession attempt as long as I remain a member of the GM Team. As far as I am concerned, the South is, was and will be part of Atlasia.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 03:43:56 AM »

The amendment does not remove the South from Atlasia automatically, it merely calls on Southern Legislators to begin negotiations with Nyman on the South's status within Atlasia. It also leaves open the possibility of a "soft exit", under which the South could retain voting rights but be exempt from many federal laws. I think it's far too early to tell what the final outcome of this will be. Given the lack of energy many people seem to put in this game, it could end up just fizzling out and resulting in literally nothing.

As far as the positions of those of us not in the South, I think we're all kind of bewildered that it actually passed and figuring out what should happen next.

I strongly oppose giving them special status either within Atlasia or as a 'partnership' betwen countries. The federal government needs to take a stand here and make them accept they will lose the benefits of being in Atlasia if they leave.

I won't speak for Weatherboy or Forumlurker, but I would likely ignore any secession attempt as long as I remain a member of the GM Team. As far as I am concerned, the South is, was and will be part of Atlasia.

The right to regional secession is provided for in the federal constitution. If this does become a hard exit, it would seem rather silly to still be pretending the South is in Atlasia for GM purposes when in reality they're off in their own game and probably have their own GM to boot.

It is. Let me rephrase. If this goes through, I will resign as a member of the GM team.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies